PDA

View Full Version : Another Bo Jackson Jersey come on!!!!

suave1477
07-06-2006, 02:44 PM
When do they end??????????

This has to be like the 5th or 6th Bo Jackson Game Used Jersey out there. I tell ya with all these Jerseys Bo wore during that 1 season his wash bill must have been pretty high!!!

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=70044001&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=70390711

sylbry
07-26-2006, 11:26 AM
These thing just keep showing up.

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=71673764&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=72020474

At least the ebay auction is listed as "game issued."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290009635521&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

trsent
07-26-2006, 12:03 PM
When do they end??????????

This has to be like the 5th or 6th Bo Jackson Game Used Jersey out there. I tell ya with all these Jerseys Bo wore during that 1 season his wash bill must have been pretty high!!!

I don't get it.

Bo didn't pay The Royals wash bill, the team provides wash for the players by the equipment manager and their staff. Who cares about Bo Jackson's wash bill? My dry cleaning bill is around $100.00 a month, I do not care to discuss it.

In the meantime, the issue is that these jerseys keep popping up and it appears from the past discussions that the tagging is from one style of year but it is tagged for the previous year. Someone should find that thread.

suave1477
07-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Sylbry thats funny i just found that on ebay just now. If you read correctly it says Game Iussued Used. Meaning the guy really doesnt know what it is or just trying to pass it off as one or the other.

Either way this is probably just another scoreboard Bo Jackson Jersey.

Eric
07-26-2006, 12:31 PM

What happened when you mentioned your concern to the seller. Can you paste his response here?
Thanks
Eric

sylbry
07-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Suave,

I had to double check the Vintage Authentics link you posted with the one I posted to make sure they are not the same. Nope, the signature is in a different spot. I guess the moral of the story here is if you want a 1989 set 2 home Bo Jackson jersey there is no need to overbid. Instead just wait a month for the next one.

suave1477
07-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Eric im not concerend!!!

Eric
07-26-2006, 01:49 PM

You might not be worried, but as you should be aware, according to forum rules

16. In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

Please post Vintage's response to your concerns here. You of all people should know to contact the seller before writing what you did above. Perhaps there's an explanation which isn't obvious.
Eric

suave1477
07-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Eric if you read carefully in my original posting I was just staing that another one has surfaced I never questioned the authenticity of it.

As far as the one listed on ebay I wasnt the first one to make a comment about the one on ebay just making a statement which has been proven time and time again here on this site with out having to ask the seller. That there were numerous amounts of these jerseys made for Scorboard which is why we see so many surfacing up as Game Issued or Game Used. I never said specifically that this is one I just said as adding to the earlier comment that this is probably one, but if it would make you feel more comafortable with what I said I will contact the seller and ask him on the origination of this jersey.

trsent
07-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Jason, while you are at it, why don't you contact Bo Jackson about his laundry bill. Last I heard he is living in Burr Ridge, IL and you appeared concerned about it before in a previous post.

sylbry
07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Eric,

This thread was started to notify others of the overabundance of 1989 Royals home set 2 Bo Jackson jersey that have been for sale at auction this year. There have been at least a half dozen to date.

No one questioned the Vintage Authentic jerseys (at least in writing.) Rather the comment was made towards the Bo jersey on ebay where the seller is selling it as game issued. Stating that it could be a Scoreboard jersey, knowing full well that the 1989 set 2 home Royals jersey was produced for Scoreboard to sell, doesn't seem to be violating the forum rules especially since the seller isn't selling as game used in the first place.

If your opinion differs then I offer my apologies for bringing it.

Bryan

sylbry
07-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Since Bo's personal life was brought up I was wondering if anyone happens to know if Bo still owns a motorcycle shop in the Chicago area and if so does anyone happen to know the name of it.

I know this quesiton has no business being in a current auction folder of a game used forum but I have been trying to find this info for years.

Eric
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
It's one thing to suggest that there are many of these 1989 Royals Set 2 jerseys which are not game worn. That is a fact. We know that is what Score Board sold. There is nothing wrong with sharing that information to other collectors. That is what this forum is all about.

However, Jason wrote "Either way this is probably just another scoreboard Bo Jackson Jersey."

It may seem like nit picking, but to make a statement like that without contacting the seller seems irresponsible. Be careful how you word things folks. If you're wrong, you've just cost someone business because you didn't check your facts.

In another thread someone came on and said "Nolan Ryan never wore Rawlings when he pitched." Guess what, someone posted a photo of him wearing a Rawlings jersey while pitching. I had never seen a photo of him wearing one, but there it was. It's not safe to make assumptions about anything in this hobby.
Thanks
Eric

hblakewolf
07-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Eric-
Is it safe to assume that Lou Lampson has written LOA's on items that can not be photo matched, documented or be proven to have ever been worn? This would include Orioles green St. Patrick's jerseys, Orioles minor league jerseys offered through Bricol that he indicates are MLB jerseys and Chragers helmets with decals on the opposite side of where they should be located, just to name a few?

Is this a safe, Eric?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
07-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Eric-
Is it safe to assume that Lou Lampson has written LOA's on items that can not be photo matched, documented or be proven to have ever been worn? This would include Orioles green St. Patrick's jerseys, Orioles minor league jerseys offered through Bricol that he indicates are MLB jerseys and Chragers helmets with decals on the opposite side of where they should be located, just to name a few?

Is this a safe, Eric?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

So, the guy has made a few mistakes that have been brought up day after day on this forum. Eric makes it clear the forum has rules that even if the guy has written 50,000 letters that we have issues with the items, the seller (or in this case auction house) must be contacted with your concerns before making accusations that the item is not genuine.

Howard, when are you going to stop mentioning some Cal Ripken St. Patrick's day jersey or will you take that one to your grave because you lost so much money over Lou writing a letter for an item that none of us can verify was ever worn?

How much did you lose again on that transaction?

trsent
07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Here are some previous links about similar jerseys:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1490&highlight=jackson+1989

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1556&highlight=jackson+1989

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=991&highlight=jackson+1989

hblakewolf
07-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Joel-
Even for you, this post is out in left field. What in the world are you referencing?

I suggest you do your homework before simply making some type of off the wall response. I did not own, buy or sell the green Ripken, however, have discussed it several times with Dan Derlith, the owner. Dan contacted the dealer he bought it from, and asked for his money back. The dealer refused. He has tried to obtain a phone number for Lampson, however, has not been able to. Dan, please contact me-I will put you in touch with an individual who has Lampson's contact info.

Joel, I suggest you stick to responding to the Eddie Munster type posts-these whimsical threads seems to be right up your alley, rather then trying to constantly defend the various dealers and auction houses. Your keen insight about your poker blazers and hair style really prove insightful to those of us collecting game used equipment.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

So, the guy has made a few mistakes that have been brought up day after day on this forum. Eric makes it clear the forum has rules that even if the guy has written 50,000 letters that we have issues with the items, the seller (or in this case auction house) must be contacted with your concerns before making accusations that the item is not genuine.

Howard, when are you going to stop mentioning some Cal Ripken St. Patrick's day jersey or will you take that one to your grave because you lost so much money over Lou writing a letter for an item that none of us can verify was ever worn?

How much did you lose again on that transaction?

sylbry
07-26-2006, 08:17 PM
The same seller of the previous two 1989 set 2 Bo jerseys that sold on ebay earlier this year is also selling the current one on ebay.

I wonder how many he has?

trsent
07-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Joel-
Even for you, this post is out in left field. What in the world are you referencing?

I suggest you do your homework before simply making some type of off the wall response. I did not own, buy or sell the green Ripken, however, have discussed it several times with Dan Derlith, the owner. Dan contacted the dealer he bought it from, and asked for his money back. The dealer refused. He has tried to obtain a phone number for Lampson, however, has not been able to. Dan, please contact me-I will put you in touch with an individual who has Lampson's contact info.

Joel, I suggest you stick to responding to the Eddie Munster type posts-these whimsical threads seems to be right up your alley, rather then trying to constantly defend the various dealers and auction houses. Your keen insight about your poker blazers and hair style really prove insightful to those of us collecting game used equipment.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard, get off of your cloud.

You have mentioned Lou Lampson and this Green St. Patrick's Day jersey how many times now? Then you reference a different discussion because you have been beating a dead horse for how long now?

Truth is I could care less about Lou Lampson's authentication practices as I have never bought anything with his letter. You seem so bent on mentioning every questionable jersey the guy has ever written a letter for every chance you get it needs a rest.

In the meantime, I am not defending Lou Lampson in this discussion, I am just mentioning that you in your most abusive methods, miss the point that I was just making it clear that you like to mention the same articles of dispute over and over again about this authenticator every chance you get and it is getting stale.

I cannot believe the auction house in question for this "rare" jersey cannot provide a refund or at least have the owner and authenticator discuss the item in question. Sounds like if I spent my money with such results I would be calling The People's Court myself. (Do you like that transfer of views?)

So, how many more threads are you going to mention the famous St. Pats jersey in?

hblakewolf
07-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Joel-
Let me respond by each paragraph:

Howard, get off of your cloud.

You have mentioned Lou Lampson and this Green St. Patrick's Day jersey how many times now?Joel-I have directed quite a few threads to this particular jersey and likewise, Lou Lampson. Then you reference a different discussion because you have been beating a dead horse for how long now? I have been offered, and seen dozens of completely fake jerseys with Lampsons LOA for about 5 years.

Truth is I could care less about Lou Lampson's authentication practices as I have never bought anything with his letter. Does it bother you at all that novice and new collectors are depending on LOA's in order to determine if an item should be purchased? You seem so bent on mentioning every questionable jersey the guy has ever written a letter for every chance you get it needs a rest. Not every jersey, just those bogus or less than perfect jerseys currently being offered in auctions and Ebay with his LOA

In the meantime, I am not defending Lou Lampson in this discussion, I am just mentioning that you in your most abusive methods, miss the point that I was just making it clear that you like to mention the same articles of dispute over and over again about this authenticator every chance you get and it is getting stale. See above-I will continue to bring focus to those individuals in the "hobby" who take no responsibilty or ownership in the LOA's they write. MEARS also writes LOA's, however, provides a money back guarantee and a contact phone number, should an issue be discovered.

I cannot believe the auction house in question for this "rare" jersey cannot provide a refund or at least have the owner and authenticator discuss the item in question. How does one get in touch with Lampson? Sounds like if I spent my money with such results I would be calling The People's Court myself. (Do you like that transfer of views?) Is a lawyer willing to help Dan Derlith out and represent him and his fake Ripken jersey in such a manner?

So, how many more threads are you going to mention the famous St. Pats jersey in? I'll continue to reference this particular jersey and/or other jerseys that are not real with Lampson's LOA as needed.

Joel, I'm not a policeman, however, Lampson or any authenticator needs to be accountable. He writes his worthless LOA's and then, has no accountabilty at a later date. Maybe if you were stuck with a $4,000 fake Ripken jersey (or an O's minor league jersey being passed off a a Baltimore jersey) that has a Lampson LOA you might be able to understand this issue a bit more. From the previous Forum posts by others, it appears that the value, or lack of, of a Lamspon LOA is well understood. I can only hope that the various auction houses and other collectors also understand this, and don't base their opinions about authenticity of an item just on Lampson's LOA (or any LOA for that matter)

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
07-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Howard, are you really brain dead?

I agree with your point about Lou Lampson's letters needing to be accountable for a questionable jersey such as the one you have mentioned.

My point from the start is you mention that jersey every chance you get. Give it a rest. If the jersey's current owner has a desire, they should file a complaint or lawsuit in the proper state or federal legal court. Otherwise, I guess you can continue to remind us every chance you get that this item exists.

So, what steps do you take next to have Lou Lampson take some accountability for his authentications? I know you personally do not buy items without doing your own homework. I see people mention that they will never buy an item with a Lou Lampson LOA. I personally like your theory, don't buy anything without doing your own research.

So, does mentioning the same jersey over and over again every thread you can add it to help the situation or just become redundant?

My question is what steps must be taken to have the auction houses that use the services of Lou Lampson (and in the case of Vintage because they are not willing to pay MEARS for their quality service anymore) to have them offer some responsibility if an item is discovered to have issues?

I would say the point is clear - Lou Lampson has to stand behind his letters or they are useless. So, that point has been determined already, so how do you go about changing his system?

By the way, every time someone is burned in the world I do not go on the defense for them. Recently I was burned for just under $25,000.00 by an individual. I have to eat the transaction because of my error in judgment and I do not have anyone mentioning it for me over and over again. I am a grown man (with a child's brain) who lives with his decisions and though often I profit on my decisions, when I am wrong I eat my losses like a man.

In the case you keep repeating every chance you get, the owner of the item has to stand up for them-self already. I believe your side of the story sounds like a judge needs to review the situation already because you and I cannot solve this one ourselves.

hblakewolf
07-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Joel-

Is it possible for you to any more naive?

I learned long ago that the squeaky wheel does indeed get the grease, thus, my continued focus on this subject.

Your point about the owners of questionable Lampson items (Dan Derlith) standing up for themselves is correct, however, you completely missed the mark about one crucial area (maybe (as you note) your “child size brain” overdosed on CoCo Puffs this morning and are preventing you from thinking clearly, or at all). How do you propose to let all of the unsuspecting collectors know that their item and the Lampson LOA is worthless? These are the new collectors, or those who purchase an item without doing their homework? Joel, can these people stand up for themselves? What if their item is tucked away for several years, then, it is determined to be fake? Is the auction house still in business? Lampson still living in Basking ridge, New Jersey? Your current woes about loosing a large sum of money will no doubt be experienced by a good number in our hobby.

Any ideas?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

CollectGU
07-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Howard,

Enough already on the St. P's jersey...You make yourself appear very childish when you bring it up in EVERY thread on the board that has nothing to do with that subject. I suggest you start a new thread every time you would like to speak about this about that subject. Your contempt for Lou and his authentication skills is well known...Can we move on now? I'm sure you'll respond by ripping me for defending Lou, but I'm not so much defending Lou as I am asking you to take the needle off the broken record you keep playing over and over and over......

trsent
07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Howard, do not comment on what I eat, it is none of your business.

You ruined a nice debate with another stupid comment.

I can't believe you assumed I ate Co-Co Puffs ever, mind your business on what I eat because it is not relevant to the topic which is a serious issue but you are just being an ass.

And don't comment about the size of my brain (or my manhood) until you meet me in person. Once again you ruin a debate being a real jerk focusing on putting me down instead of discussing the topic at hand.

Sorry Dan has a questionable jersey that the auction house and authenticator will not stand behind. It's about time he filed legal papers with the proper divisions of the legal system in the United States because if the item is without a doubt not legitimate then the last owner of the item should be responsible for making good on the issue.

Your constant mentioning of it every time someone asks about an item with a Lampson letter is just insane. I bet the guy has written 10,000 letters in the last few years. Sure, he is going to make mistakes, but as much as I wish to educate the novice collectors, the one who has the item that has come into question should proceed to make a point or the seller and authenticator will continue to take advantage of a weak system.

Do you think posting about it on Game Used Universe day after day will get the job done because it hasn't yet?

Next time you post, do not talk about my eating habits or brain size, that is what you do when you are wrong, you pick on issues to belittle me and it is out of line.

hblakewolf
07-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Joel-Do you actually know what you post from day to day, hour to hour? Earlier today, you wrote in a related post about this thread, "I am a grown man (with a child's brain) who lives with his decisions and though often I profit on my decisions, when I am wrong I eat my losses like a man.

When I quote you, you now respond with, " You ruined a nice debate with another stupid comment.And don't comment about the size of my brain (or my manhood) until you meet me in person. Once again you ruin a debate being a real jerk focusing on putting me down instead of discussing the topic at hand.

Next time you post, do not talk about my eating habits or brain size, that is what you do when you are wrong, you pick on issues to belittle me and it is out of line."

Joel, I strongly suggest you keep a printed copy of each post you send, and review them on a regular basis not only before making new posts/threads, but also to avoid this type of embarrassment in the future.

Likewise, let's try to keep the subject matter related to game used equipment, not your hair styles, blazers or brain matter.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Howard, again, as the previous post from another user in this thread. You ruin your valid point by making posts such as your last few.

You start to lose the debate and you then have to critize me for what I eat and the size of my brain, which you have never seen. These topics are none of your business, thus making as ass of yourself and your once very valid topic of debate.

both-teams-played-hard
07-28-2006, 10:08 AM
You have mentioned Lou Lampson and this Green St. Patrick's Day jersey how many times now?

http://thumb17.webshots.com/t/57/757/5/68/46/2828568460094840757uHzudB_th.jpg (http://community.webshots.com/photo/2828568460094840757uHzudB)

Eric
07-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Amazing- it's both funny and not funny at the same time. Don't know if I have ever experienced that.
Eric

trsent
07-28-2006, 11:19 AM
OMG - Have you found the photo that has been on everyone's mind?

Eric
07-28-2006, 11:29 AM
It appears he made the photo that's been on everyone's mind.
Eric

mr.miracle
07-28-2006, 02:30 PM
In my opinion, perhaps Howard should lay off Lampson and quit beating that drum as soon as Lampson quits writing worthless LOA's. Since the latter has not happened yet, and does not appear to be happening anytime soon, somebody needs to continue to fight this battle.

While we all can agree that any authenticator can and will make mistakes, I personally have never seen the constant questioning of items on auctions that have the name Lampson attached on the LOA in comparison to other well known authenticators. Virtually every week on this forum some item authenticated by Lampson is called into question. As Joel pointed out in an earlier post, Lampson has probably written over 10,000 LOA's in the past four or five years. Here is a suggestion, perhaps scale it back and do a better job with what you are authenticating. In this industry quality matters not quantity. If the man is too overwhelmed to do the job right, then he should not do it at all. I suppose at some point the big paychecks he is cashing are too good to pass up instead of doing the job the right way.

Eric pointed out the ridiculous error on the Chargers helmet. There is simply no excuse for this level of shoddy work when we are talking about items that cost multiple thousands of dollars to buy and sell. As Eric said, it is no longer acceptable for auction houses to say we talked to Lou and he said it is okay. What kind of evidence or answer is that?

So I would agree, Howard should stop banging on Lou, when Lou stops assembly line rubber stamping LOA's with his seal of approval on items that are seriously questionable at best.

Brett Herman

both-teams-played-hard
07-28-2006, 02:50 PM
...somebody needs to continue to fight this battle.

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/95302e9ef7.jpg (http://www.uploadfile.info)

skipcareyisfat
07-28-2006, 03:03 PM
I knew that jersey looked familiar!

mr.miracle
07-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Great find BTPH. It looks like Cal himself has gotten so annoyed with the infamous green jersey fiasco that he is entering the fight for truth, justice and the American way.

Brett

both-teams-played-hard
07-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Truth, justice and the American way.

http://www.picburst.com/uploads/51c0773e5d.jpg (http://www.picburst.com)

R. C. Walker
07-28-2006, 06:52 PM
While we all can agree that any authenticator can and will make mistakes, I personally have never seen the constant questioning of items on auctions that have the name Lampson attached on the LOA in comparison to other well known authenticators.

Brett Herman

A couple thoughts on this:

1) With all the resources available to everyone, should “Professional” Authenticators make mistakes - especially on recent vintage items i.e. 1970‘s, ‘80‘s, 90‘s?

2) Should we, as collectors, accept mistakes from “Professional” Authenticators?

3) When do mistakes become fraud?

As for Howard, he has a point. “Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it”. :D I would buy an item with a Lou Lampson LOA due to the fact that I will know what I am buying without his expertise. ;) I would never purchase a Orioles Green St. Patrick Day. jersey (nor could I afford it even if it was bogus). And, I would definitely not accept it as just a “mistake”. :mad:

both-teams-played-hard
07-28-2006, 07:06 PM
This image just picked up from the wire service. Thanks to the concerned citizen who brought this to our attention.
http://123pichosting.com/thumbs/2446sasq.jpg (http://123pichosting.com/viewer.php?id=2446sasq.jpg)

mr.miracle
07-28-2006, 10:59 PM
All of a sudden those darn green jersey's are just showing up everywhere. :rolleyes:

thanks to BTPH's diligent work and research for tracking these jersey's down. Especially the very rare special issue to Big Foot.

Brett

skipcareyisfat
07-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I think Lampson just added four more photos to his Ripken photo archive.

ahuff
08-03-2006, 06:30 PM
R.C.Walker and Mr. Miracle brought out some interesting discussion. Perhaps this will help answer RC's questions. Each of these jerseys were authenticated by the same person :confused:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=27239

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=71673764&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=72020474

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?auction_id=24628

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?auction_id=19198

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=70044001&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=70390711