PDA

View Full Version : Certain tape to hold broken bats together???

Manram
04-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Is there a certain type of tape you should use to keep broken bats together??? Like clear scotch tape or painters blue tape??? All help is appreciated

CampWest
04-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Manny... I've been using the Blue Painters Tape recently. I like it much better than scotch tape, athletic tape or pretty much anything else I've tried. Benefits are it comes off really easily, it leaves no residue, its fairly strong. The main downside is the color, but luckily most of the bats I've taped I could put a small piece somewhere opposite the labeling and it hasn't been much of an eyesore.

Manram
04-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the help!!!!!

CampWest
04-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the help!!!!!

I just saw a bat in the basement and saw that a method I was testing appears to be working well... Those plastic zip tie strips. They can be found in white, yellow, black, etc. I was going to pick up some black ones for black finished bats... but keep forgetting to do that. Anyways, just another thought of something to try.

http://www.9thtee.com/images/images2/zipties.jpg

gameused
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Is there a certain type of tape you should use to keep broken bats together??? Like clear scotch tape or painters blue tape??? All help is appreciated

I've used a self adherent wrap and they work great, no residue and you can take it off and put it back on really easy. The tan color looks good on natural bats and it comes in all different colors including black.

You can find it at your local pharmacy or Walmart.

Bobby

tigerdale
04-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Great question & great answers!! I know I'll be pulling off a lot of the wide clear scotch tape a lot of teams use to hold broken bats together & using some of these suggestions instead!! Thank you all!!

Jags Fan Dan
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I actually prefer to use superglue and glue them back together if at all possible. This method has worked for me on two bats that I have done that way.