PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton experts, this a real gamer?

punch
04-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Guy locally is selling this and is advertising it as a Hamilton gamer. He says he bought it at a memorabilia shop in Arlington. I'm not a Josh Hamilton expert by any means so I thought I would ask you guys if it looks legit. Doesn't the LVS's he swings now have his name on it?

Any advice on it would be great! Might learn a thing or two about Josh's bats too.

http://brian.tcstangs.com/pics/bat/hamilton.JPG

http://brian.tcstangs.com/pics/bat/hamilton2.JPG

http://brian.tcstangs.com/pics/bat/hamilton3.JPG

justinwc80
04-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Reading the COA says its "signed" not game used by Hamilton. You'll see alot of these used bats with no names or numbers on them signed by players with descriptions that state they are signed and may have been used by said player. I would stay away. My opinion.

punch
04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Reading the COA says its "signed" not game used by Hamilton. You'll see alot of these used bats with no names or numbers on them signed by players with descriptions that state they are signed and may have been used by said player. I would stay away. My opinion.

Yeah, thats kinda what I figured. Just a random game used bat signed by him. I thought I'd toss it out there on GUU to the Hamilton fans tho just to be sure.

cjclong
04-18-2010, 06:18 PM
There are a ton of game used bats by Hamitlon with his name on the barrel. I would be real hesitant to get a Hamilton bat that didn't have his name, no matter what the brand. If you are looking for a Hamilton bat the Rangers have had a lot of them at the Ballpark and should have more this year. They have had both authograhed and unauthographed ones. The ones I saw when I was at a game recently were at the Rangers Foundation table on the 3rd base side near home plate. However it seem most of the bats the Rangers have for sale are cracked.

Fnazxc0114
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
All my hamilton bats i have owned about five or six have distint contact marks under his name. If you are looking at the name right side up look about two inches below the team name if a ls. The contact marks should be there.

xpress34
04-18-2010, 09:20 PM
There are a ton of game used bats by Hamitlon with his name on the barrel. I would be real hesitant to get a Hamilton bat that didn't have his name, no matter what the brand. If you are looking for a Hamilton bat the Rangers have had a lot of them at the Ballpark and should have more this year. They have had both authograhed and unauthographed ones. The ones I saw when I was at a game recently were at the Rangers Foundation table on the 3rd base side near home plate. However it seem most of the bats the Rangers have for sale are cracked.

Next time you're at the ballpark, could you get me a price on a GU Hamilton? It does NOT need to be signed... I can get that done at Spring Training next year...

All the best -

Chris
xpress34@comcast .net

punch
04-18-2010, 09:31 PM
The guy wants $100 for it, but I think I'm gonna pass since theres no way I can prove it's an actual gamer of HIS.

Fnazxc0114
04-19-2010, 06:50 AM
hey xpress i think the rangers hamilton bats go for 400 at the park. I havent looked in a while, but that how much i remember them being. You can call the store and i believe they will ship you one.

cjclong
04-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Xpress, I plan to go the game Saturday. I'll check the shops and the Rangers Foundation table and check the prices. The only ones I saw when I was was there last was at the Foundation , but I might have missed some. I'll post an email here about what I find or don't find.