PDA

View Full Version : Twins jerseys on Ebay.

Rich Ellis
07-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Please give me your thoughts on this ebay auction presented by NickSportsworld, especially the Tori Hunter. http://cgi.ebay.com/TORII-HUNTER-GAME-USED-SIGNED-TWINS-JERSEY-W-COA_W0QQitemZ130004586945QQihZ003QQcategoryZ60597Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Rich Ellis

sylbry
07-06-2006, 12:41 PM
I actually talked with the one of the owners two hours ago as his shop is next to my place of employment. In our conversation he mentioned the sleeveless Hunter jersey as we were talking about Twins jerseys without year & set tagging. (Roughly a week ago I started a thread on Twins jerseys without proper tagging and asked for his insight.) I can not remember the story behind the Hunter jersey though. However the jersey is without a doubt 100% authentic and I believe it is backed up by a LOA from the Twins.

The owner of the shop that I spoke with (Jason) is a very nice guy and I invited him to come onto the forum. He has an extensive background in game used memorabilia and the people he has dealt with in the past is impressive. I will leave it at that and they can tell you the rest of they so choose to join the forum.

Bryan

MVP
07-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Did the Twins wear patches on both sleeves in 2005? It appears that none of the home jerseys have the 40th anniversary patch on the other sleeve. Also, is Joe mays a small guy? Does he wear a size 44?

Any insight would help.

thanks, Henry

MVP
07-06-2006, 12:49 PM
I am answering part of my question. I just looked it up in the BAseball hall of Fame website and the Twins should have had patches on both sleeves. The photos of the home jerseys on ebay do not show both patches.....AS far as Joe mays goes he is 6'1" 200 lbs....Do you think he wears a size 44?

Any othe rinsight would be appreciated.

-Henry

sylbry
07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Tim ("bat master" on this forum) is currently selling a 2002 Joe Mays. He could answer the sizing question.

Not sure on the sleeve patch question. Maybe others on this forum can answer that. I do know the jerseys come with a COA from the Twins Pro Shop which is owned by the Twins organization. If you do not have an answer by tomorrow I would be willing to walk over and ask Jason your patch question in person.

For those of you who live in the Twin Cities area the former Nick's Sports on 2nd & 7th in Minneapolis is the location of this soon to be shop. I was told they are opening in roughly 3 weeks. It will be a combination of team apparrel and game used items. The owner told me he has exclusive contracts with approximately 90 athletes and is planning on having some in the shop to do signings. I am thrilled about this due to the fact that my primary collecting focus is Twins memorabilia and there will soon be a place to buy Twins game items less than a block away from my work. Can't beat that.

Bryan

bat_master
07-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

Saw my name and had to post. The Mays jersey I have was purchased at the Minnetonka pro shop in 2005, during the summer I think. That jersey is size 46. Hope that helps. It's up on ebay now with no bids. If anyone is interested, please check it out.

Thanks!

Tim Byington
www.tjsportsmn.com (http://www.tjsportsmn.com)

indyred
07-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Didn't the Twins just this year go to vest type jersey and do they even use them much, if at all any more. Is it dying like the red jersey from 97. Does the seller mean 2006? I may be wrong, but I though the vest look was a new look just started this season.

Rich Ellis
07-06-2006, 07:09 PM
That's my question. According to the Minnesota Twins, this jersey should be a 2006 not a 2005 they did not wear a sleevless jersey in 05'. This is the new alternate home jersey for this year. It was never worn last year as in the description. Also according to the Minnesota Twins its missing the #34 Kirby Puckett memorial patch which should be on one of the front shoulders. I have contacted the Minnesota Twins about this jersey on ebay and they will look in to this.

Thanks

Rich Ellis

MVP
07-06-2006, 08:11 PM
As far as the HUNTER goes..the signature does say G.U. '06 on the back.

As far as I know all the jerseys in 2005 had the Twins patch on one sleeve and the Anniversary patch on the other. Maybe the home jerseys that are for sale on ebay were game Issued and not worn or they are Spring Trainning jerseys??? I believe the Twins wear regular jerseys in Spring Trainning. Not sure if they had the patch on the jersey for spring.

One other note...the Twins actually wore BP jerseys in a few regular season games in 2005.

-Henry

Rich Ellis
07-07-2006, 10:56 AM
It looks like the jersey has been pulled or the ebay auction was stopped.

Rich Ellis