PDA

View Full Version : Help With An Orioles Jersey

stkmtimo
07-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Can someone tell me how this looks to them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DANIEL-CABRERA-BALTIMORE-ORIOLES-GAME-USED-JERSEY-35_W0QQitemZ150006619439QQihZ005QQcategoryZ60597QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,
Tim

bigtime59
07-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Can someone tell me how this looks to them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DANIEL-CABRERA-BALTIMORE-ORIOLES-GAME-USED-JERSEY-35_W0QQitemZ150006619439QQihZ005QQcategoryZ60597QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,
Tim

Tim:
I'm going to be talking to my Orioles contact soon about this, as well as the other Cabrera jerseys that have suddenly popped up on eBay. The rash of DCab jerseys--in multiple sizes--has me concerned, as well as the fact that this seller has a sudden run of Orioles stuff that was not (for the most part) available at FanFest. (Dempsey jerseys were sold at FanFest, but no Cabrera, no Lopez, no Byrnes...and the only Markakis I saw was a home white.)
The numbers look good, the length appears good--but I don't know why the seller only shows a picture of one white jersey's 0062 tag.
I'll post more when I know more.
Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com

mr.miracle
07-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Just a word to the wise. This seller sold a Rafael Palmeiro home game worn 10th anniversary streak jersey supposedly worn by Palmeiro during the games played at Camden Yards on Sept. 5-7th 2005 in honor of Cal's 10th anniversary of breaking the streak. There is one problem with this. Palmeiro played his final game on or around August 29th 2005 was placed on the DL and later sent home and never, ever saw action in any of the games around those three dates. I emailed the seller on two or three occasions and the seller insisted that the jersey was game used with the 10th anniversary patch. I explained that these jersey's were only worn on those three dates so it could not have been game worn but rather was probably game issued for Raffy but since he never played any Sept. games it was impossible to be game worn. The seller ignored this and moved ahead with the auction anyway. He said that some contact of his with the Orioles insisted that it was game worn. I told him that I did not care what his contact said that he could check the box scores himself Palmeiro did not play.

In any case, I would just be slightly careful. Not saying that the jersey in the current auction is not authentic but I pointed out a very obvious issue that the seller refused to correct.

Thanks

Brett Herman

stkmtimo
07-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Mark, Brett, thanks so much for your help. I was a little concerned about how many Cabrera's he had; so it's probably better to be safe than sorry and not bid for the time being, at least until I know more.

Mark, please post whatever other information you may find.

Thanks!

Tim

ironmanfan
07-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Regarding the Palmiero jersey, I can state with certainty that all 10th Year Anniversary "2131" jersey's of the Orioles were sold in conjunction with Ironclad Authentics & MLB (with Ironclad hologram & Cal's autograph underneath the anniv. patch). The reason I state this is that I have a seen a couple jersey's of "name" players from the 2131 Anniversary series vs. Toronto without the certification.

mr.miracle
07-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Good point Ironman. The jersey that was sold had no Ripken autograph and of course did not come with the COA from Ironclad. Since Palmeiro went on the DL was sent home etc. right around the end of August, most likely this jersey had been game ready prior to the event and ended up making its way out of the clubhouse by some method and into the sellers hands. It definitely was not game used as you are right, all those jersey's were handled by Ironclad Authentics and had all the right markings as you described. It looks like that situation was another example of somebody trying to pass off a game issued jersey as game worn.

Brett

allstarsplus
07-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Good point Ironman. The jersey that was sold had no Ripken autograph and of course did not come with the COA from Ironclad. Since Palmeiro went on the DL was sent home etc. right around the end of August, most likely this jersey had been game ready prior to the event and ended up making its way out of the clubhouse by some method and into the sellers hands. It definitely was not game used as you are right, all those jersey's were handled by Ironclad Authentics and had all the right markings as you described. It looks like that situation was another example of somebody trying to pass off a game issued jersey as game worn.

BrettGreat research. I can also tell you that the "real" jerseys never saw the washer machine after the final game in the series. We got the Surhoff and Ray Miller and when I opened the box the "stank" was strong!

mr.miracle
07-07-2006, 09:21 AM
It looks like Ironclad really wanted to make sure the the buyers of these jersey's got the full affect of the game worn status. :D

Brett

bigtime59
07-09-2006, 12:19 PM
My Tim Byrdak wasn't rank, but he only pitched a couple of innings in that series.