PDA

View Full Version : My moment of Game Used fame!!!!!!!!!

JasonBanz
04-17-2010, 08:28 PM
This has truly been a great evening! I have a few things selling on ebay which included my Chidi Ahanotu collection I have had for the past year. I received an e-mail from someone who knows Chidi and is offering me double what I would sell the jerseys for right now because Chidi wants them for himself. He is in the process of sending me the money right now. I will be shipping the directly to Chidi! I cannot believe it! A player wants to buy the items from me! :D

scottanservitz
04-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Jason,
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

kudu
04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Thats awesome. Congrats!

JasonBanz
04-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys. I haven't heard anything in over an hour so I'm hoping he isn't pulling my chain or anything. He said the money should be sent sometime tonight. If all this works out, it would be the highlight of my game used collecting!

gingi79
04-17-2010, 10:19 PM
I dont feel so bad being outbid on your items now Jason. Good for him, getting his stuff back.

Here's hoping he hooks you up with other players jerseys you want to own.

JasonBanz
04-17-2010, 10:23 PM
I dont feel so bad being outbid on your items now Jason. Good for him, getting his stuff back.

Here's hoping he hooks you up with other players jerseys you want to own.

Wow, didn't know you bid on it. I would be thrilled if I get to be the one who gives him his stuff back.

jobathenut
04-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Jason-That is so great.Yeah if i had a item of a player i can not think of anything better than that player asking for it back from you.I would have no problem doing that as you know it would be treasure.And to top you are getting paid,doesnt get much better than that.Its great to hear when good things happen to good people.
This has truly been a great evening! I have a few things selling on ebay which included my Chidi Ahanotu collection I have had for the past year. I received an e-mail from someone who knows Chidi and is offering me double what I would sell the jerseys for right now because Chidi wants them for himself. He is in the process of sending me the money right now. I will be shipping the directly to Chidi! I cannot believe it! A player wants to buy the items from me! :D

Mattapan03
04-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Great story. As a collector, when I sell stuff, I really hope it falls into the hands of someone that will truly enjoy it.....you cant get any better than that in your situation.

JasonBanz
04-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Well looks like I got excited and posted too quickly. I haven't heard anything since last night, so I'm guessing its a no go. Oh well.

MikeM
04-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Great story!

I once sold a jersey on eBay of an A's common player and I pulled his info from Wikipedia. A buyer asked me how I knew so much about him and then asked if I was his friend or something. I said no, and just explained that I posted the info from Wiki.

This prospective buyer won the auction and had the same last name as the player. I asked him a follow up if he was related to player and it turns out it was his father. Made me feel good knowing it was going to be a treasure in his collection.

JasonBanz
04-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Ok, so I did end up getting these jerseys back to Chidi. It feels awesome! :)