PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoff Jerseys

legaleagle92481
04-16-2010, 09:49 AM
I noticed Meigray has these for preorder. I have never bought a hockey jersey before but I could not resist picking up a red Mike Green Caps jersey because he is my favorite player and they rarely have the red jerseys of the good Caps players in stock. Did anyone else preorder any? Also do they (Meigray) sell the Stanely Cup round jerseys? If so when do they usually open those to preorder? And are they alot more than the regular season/playoff first three round jerseys? Does anyone know if the Wings sell their playoff ones anywhere?

indyred
04-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, the Stanley Cup patched jerseys will be more expensive. They have in past had pre order up as soon as team makes it. Remember though not all teams work with MeiGray. Of the playoff teams 8 of 16 are MeiGray teams. Avs, Preds, Canucks, Sens, Caps, NJ, Philly, Bruins.

Nice pick up on Green. Should be fun seeing your jersey in play in the playoffs. Now that you got a vested interest in Caps now, gotta hope they can get it going for a long playoff run. Caps jerseys on MeiGray site are easily the best selling team it seems.
Loved how pissed the Caps fans were after they lost in overtime in game 1. Someone posted video on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOYiuUkcYTY

Red Wings sell game used jerseys and sticks at team store.

Lokee
04-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah well my team decided to show up and good old Jagr I mean Plekanec put it home. This is going be a good series.

BarryMeisel
04-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Legal,

Thanks for the Green pre-order. I hope you read the special offer, that by ordering prior to Game 2, you will receive a $25 discount coupon on an NHL 10-11 pre-order if the Caps win this series, and another $25 discount if they win the second and another $25 if they win the third round.

Regarding Finals jerseys, they are the most coveted gamers in the hobby, and we have a long request list already. If you are interested in a Caps Finals jersey, please e-mail sales@meigray with your request. If the Caps reach the Finals, we begin making the request calls. Most Finals sets sell out, or have very, very few reach the website.

And yes, they are significantly more expensive than regular season or playoff gamers. We price them once we know who is in the Finals.

Hope this helps,

Barry

legaleagle92481
04-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the Stanley Cup patched jerseys will be more expensive. They have in past had pre order up as soon as team makes it. Remember though not all teams work with MeiGray. Of the playoff teams 8 of 16 are MeiGray teams. Avs, Preds, Canucks, Sens, Caps, NJ, Philly, Bruins.

Nice pick up on Green. Should be fun seeing your jersey in play in the playoffs. Now that you got a vested interest in Caps now, gotta hope they can get it going for a long playoff run. Caps jerseys on MeiGray site are easily the best selling team it seems.
Loved how pissed the Caps fans were after they lost in overtime in game 1. Someone posted video on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOYiuUkcYTY

Red Wings sell game used jerseys and sticks at team store.

Thanks for the info. I don't think Meigray will have a finals team from the west unless the Canucks make a huge run can't see anyone topping Chicago, Detriot or San Jose. From the East if they can get past the Penguins the Caps should get there. The series are so long that one or two games means nothing, last year they spotted the Rangers two games in the first round and came back and handled them. No way Ovie has no shots again. The Candians were impressive last night but just cannot see them winning three more but for there fans I am happy they got one win. I think the Caps are so popular because of all the young talent and they play an exciting brand of hockey kind of like the Phoneix Suns of the ice it is not just with jerseys I went to an Isles-Caps game in New York this year and if I did not know better I would have thought the game was in Washington the crowd was so pro Caps.

legaleagle92481
04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Legal,

Thanks for the Green pre-order. I hope you read the special offer, that by ordering prior to Game 2, you will receive a $25 discount coupon on an NHL 10-11 pre-order if the Caps win this series, and another $25 discount if they win the second and another $25 if they win the third round.

Regarding Finals jerseys, they are the most coveted gamers in the hobby, and we have a long request list already. If you are interested in a Caps Finals jersey, please e-mail sales@meigray with your request. If the Caps reach the Finals, we begin making the request calls. Most Finals sets sell out, or have very, very few reach the website.

And yes, they are significantly more expensive than regular season or playoff gamers. We price them once we know who is in the Finals.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Thanks Barry. I am curious though do they wear multiple home and road jerseys in the Finals? One would think that the player's would want to keep their jersey being that it is the pinnacle of most of their careers and they may never get back. And I will defintely email you guys to get on the request list although I am sure 40,000 people are ahead of me for the jerseys I would want but then I never would have thought a Green red would have made it to your site either so maybe I will get lucky. The gift certificate thing is a great idea by the way. And while I am posting this do the NBA playoff jerseys work the same way with the preorder and if applicable Finals? I am looking for a Jason Kidd I know you have some from past years but this year I see the Mavs possibly going all the way.

BarryMeisel
04-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Legal,

In the Stanley Cup Finals, MeiGray teams wear one set of home and one set of road jerseys until one team reaches a clinching situation. Then the team switches to a second set of homes and roads.

This way there is one set of homes and roads for collectors, worn in Games 1-3, 1-4, or 1-5, depending upon when one team gets to three wins, and one set of homes and roads for the team/players.

In the NBA, the league provides one set for the two teams to wear in Games 1 and 3. The teams then are free to wear what they desire in the other games.

If one of the teams is a MeiGray program team, the decisions on Finals inventory will be made subject to available inventory.

Hope this explains,
Barry

gingi79
04-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Legal,

In the Stanley Cup Finals, MeiGray teams wear one set of home and one set of road jerseys until one team reaches a clinching situation. Then the team switches to a second set of homes and roads.

This way there is one set of homes and roads for collectors, worn in Games 1-3, 1-4, or 1-5, depending upon when one team gets to three wins, and one set of homes and roads for the team/players.

In the NBA, the league provides one set for the two teams to wear in Games 1 and 3. The teams then are free to wear what they desire in the other games.

If one of the teams is a MeiGray program team, the decisions on Finals inventory will be made subject to available inventory.

Hope this explains,
Barry

Barry, I hope you started making your price list now. cough cough!VancouverCough!cough! :p

legaleagle92481
04-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Barry, I hope you started making your price list now. cough cough!VancouverCough!cough! :p

They actually have a really good chance of making it. The sharks never go anywhere and it looks like it is repeating with this epic struggle the avs are giving them. the wings have been off this year though they have been much better lately. the hawks don't have much goaltending. phoenix is phoenix. the preds dont have the talent. the canucks have the best goalie in west playoffs so that and sedin could get them there.

gingi79
04-17-2010, 05:43 PM
I would recommend sending Barry your requests now, if you think you would be interested in any of the teams they deal with. Can't hurt to ask, it's not like they take a deposit. It's just a request list.

As the playoffs continue, more and more people are going to send requests, earlier to ask earlier to hear from MeiGray. I send my Sami Salo Vancouver Canucks SCF request yearly ............in August :D

And LegalEagle, I agree. I have NHL Centre Ice and this is the best Canucks team I have ever seen. That includes the 2002/03 Canucks who would have been unstoppable if their goalie could stop any puck smaller than a beachball