PDA

View Full Version : This fan deserves an a$$ kicking!!!

camarokids
04-15-2010, 11:55 PM
This guy is just sick......

http://cbs3.com/local/Philadelphia.Phillies.Matthew.2.1636036.html

One heck of a way to make the news.....

BULBUS
04-16-2010, 08:20 AM
In Philly??? I'm shocked!!!!

gingi79
04-16-2010, 09:01 AM
In Philly??? I'm shocked!!!!

Post of the day.

Maybe she said she liked Santa Claus. They boo him in Philly. :D

LastingsMilledge85
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
That's nothing compared to the Phillies fans that beat a man odeath last year. By far the WORST fans ever.

Mattapan03
04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Philly fans are in a class by themselves. And that's no class at all.

sox83cubs84
04-16-2010, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a suburban frat boy drunk in the Wrigley Field bleachers do the same thing. Many of them are as classless as this turd in Philly.

Dave M,.
Chicago area

bigtruck260
04-16-2010, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a suburban frat boy drunk in the Wrigley Field bleachers do the same thing. Many of them are as classless as this turd in Philly.

Dave M,.
Chicago area

TURD - That's a great term for that kind of stuff. And yes Dave, some Cubs fans are probably just as bad :D :D :D (the three smiley salute)

hockeytigers
04-16-2010, 05:39 PM
I think he took a bit of an a$$ kicking...did you see his picture? A black eye like that doesn't happen by accident!

LastingsMilledge85
04-16-2010, 05:51 PM

It pains me to say it, but in a different way NY fans are not far off. I love how this guy just so happened to vomit on the daughter of a cop. What are the chances?

b.heagy
04-16-2010, 08:08 PM

A few bad apples spoiles the whole bunch i guess. Not all Philly Phans are like that.

cohibasmoker
04-16-2010, 10:09 PM
It pains me to say it, but in a different way NY fans are not far off. I love how this guy just so happened to vomit on the daughter of a cop. What are the chances?

What? The guy lost his balance and fell down - happens all the time.

allstarsplus
04-16-2010, 10:37 PM
A few bad apples spoiles the whole bunch i guess. Not all Philly Phans are like that.

What do you consider a few? 1 out of 100 or 1 out of 10?

I don't know if I will ever go to another game in Citizens Bank Park. Beautiful stadium but as a visitor I wasn't treated too kindly and I was only wearing a Nats cap and not a jersey. I was followed into the bathroom by a bunch of punks that wanted to intimidate me. What a bunch of clowns.

b.heagy
04-17-2010, 06:09 AM
What do you consider a few? 1 out of 100 or 1 out of 10?

I don't know if I will ever go to another game in Citizens Bank Park. Beautiful stadium but as a visitor I wasn't treated too kindly and I was only wearing a Nats cap and not a jersey. I was followed into the bathroom by a bunch of punks that wanted to intimidate me. What a bunch of clowns.

thats just creepy. Sorry your experience was not pleasant.

b.heagy
04-17-2010, 06:10 AM
What? The guy lost his balance and fell down - happens all the time.

LOL

chakes89
04-17-2010, 11:34 PM
I was followed into the bathroom by a bunch of punks that wanted to intimidate me. What a bunch of clowns.

Something similar to this happened to me over a game of video poker at a restaurant.

My friend and I were goofing around while playing video poker and that made this other guy that was also playing mad and he actually came over to our table and said "I know what you are doing. Stop it."

We were like "Ok whatever" and didn't think about it anymore.

Then about 10 minutes later, I go to the bathroom and I guess this guy saw me go in and he comes in talking smack and all this other crap until I step out of the stall. When I step out of the stall, he sees me and realizes that I am about 5-6 inches taller than him and have about 100 pounds on him.

That shut him up real quick. :D

(sorry for the long post but I just had to tell that story. It's too funny and is something that my friend and I still talk about to this day.)

apfriz
04-18-2010, 11:44 AM
It is a shame how 'All Philly fans' are classless ???

You dont think that this stuff happens at other venues?

Are you kidding me? It is easy for the media to keep beating the same

drum about Philly fans.....the second something pops up...oh, there they go again....yeah, there are idiots in every city....we just seem to get the most pub....

I guess the Kansas City Royal fans are the toast of the town, they only beat the crap out of the first base coach....

or these cities that riot in the streets after they win a championship...

the best part is the original poster says, "this fan deserves an a$$ kicking"
and that is EXACTLY what he got ! I guess those fans were the 10 good ones out of 42000 that fill the park each night eh?

I suppose it is ok we give the yankee bleacher fans a pass too....heaven forbid one be dumb enough to wear an opponent's jersey in that section...
try you tubing a couple...YOU too ! will be standing in line for that experience...truly fun for the whole family...!!!

We take a beating because they trotted out a santa at halftime at a game with a terrible team nearly 40 years ago, so the fans as a gag, threw some snow balls.....'oh no!' classless....eveyone of us as kids have had snowball fights, or heaved some at cars....

and how about those fabulous cincy fans....they had to have Sam Wyche beg them to knock it off...remember the famous line...'you live in Cincinnatti, not CLEVELAND!!'

The mantra is getting old, I can go on and on and on.....

I guess I should be happy the media does this, it may be easier to get a Phillies ticket to watch the best team in baseball pound the National League, just like us fans like to pound Santa w snow balls !!:p
(and funny, nobody complained when we hit jimmy johnson!);)

give it a break, we're not what's portrayed on tv....

LastingsMilledge85
04-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Philadelphia IS as bad as it seems. When I was 12 I went to an Eagles,Packers game. As soon as I started walking to te stadium I was being called obscenetities constantly then shoved by an older fan. Keep in mind I was only twelve and never experienced anything like this before. Just remember W.C. Fields' famous quote, "I'd rather be here than in Philadelphia."

bigtruck260
04-19-2010, 01:04 PM
It's not just Philly. All cities can have nasty fans...even (gasp) in St. Louis on occasion.

I remember being in Old Municipal stadium in Cleveland in the 80's with my Dad and Grandfather...in the bleachers (Dawg Pound) and seeing people urinating in thier seats, drinking Muskatel or Hooch from gallon milk jugs...and someone even threw a giant pump-thermos toward a Bengals fan...

Traumatic for a 12 year old...but the Browns won, and we lived.

I have never seen anything worse in a stadium than that. Still had fun :D

sylbry
04-19-2010, 03:27 PM
We take a beating because they trotted out a santa at halftime at a game with a terrible team nearly 40 years ago, so the fans as a gag, threw some snow balls.....'oh no!' classless....eveyone of us as kids have had snowball fights, or heaved some at cars....

More recent examples.

vs 49er fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2isksLw0jW8

vs Steeler fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC0iN4zxbTQ&feature=related

As far as puking goes... not the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBhYHSOateY&feature=related

Stay classy Philly fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O5Zlu1VKc4&feature=related

sox83cubs84
04-19-2010, 05:28 PM
[quote=pub....

I guess the Kansas City Royal fans are the toast of the town, they only beat the crap out of the first base coach....

FYI: Royals coach Tom Gamboa was attached by White Sox fans in Chicago, not Royals fans.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Fnazxc0114
04-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Here in dallas there are certain games i refuse to go to when they are in town. The red sox and yankees. They have the ultimate bandwagon fans. The funny thing is i bet the majority of them have ever been to either stadium.

apfriz
04-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Oftentimes, it is not worth discussing, and this appears to be another time. Many people get my point....'Philly fans arent classless' and if you want to sit there and make a beef about snowballs, consider we are one of only a few cities that even get THE CHANCE to throw them...Give Dallas, oakland, anwhere south of carolina the CHANCE to throw them....guarantee they will....and as i said before, most of you probably cheered when we through them at Jimmy Johnson....forget it, getting on a tangent.

We are demanding, knowledgeable, and probably tougher on the athletes than some cities....Does it make us classless because we do not accept mediocrity?

Our passion is not an excuse for what transpired at the Phillies game and it is 100 percent unacceptable, but being from the area a lifetime and listening to people who are not from the area speak as if they 'know' philly
fans gets under my skin a bit......if you want to hate us because we are the rivals, cool, I am on board, i get it....I HATE everything about the Mets, wouldnt ever do anything, but it is fun to hate the mets, it is PART of the fun.....

there are idiots EVERYWHERE in this country, and they're in YOUR town too!;)

Turned into a human prune watching Halladay mow the fish down friday night.....the guy is unbelievable !

Neal
04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
You guys ever been to Wrigley? A dump of a stadium with a bunch of drunken Chicagoans .... awful experience. Remember when someone threw a beer on Victorino last year? No? Figures. Had that been in Philly, we'd still be hearing it.

Shea? Gimme a break. Same thing. And the fans in the Bronx are some of the dirtiest, foulmouthed people I have ever been around. Kinda weird looking as well.

Philadelphia is not an easy place to play in, but the way the MEDIA portays us is completely exaggerated.

LastingsMilledge85
04-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Well Neal, Shea no longer exists and Mets fans (although fair weathered and not the brightest) are harmless. Philadelphia is a war zone compared to the few fans that even go to the games. Yes, there are other revenues that aren't so welcoming, but no question Philadelphia tops that list.

Neal
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Well Neal, Shea no longer exists and Mets fans (although fair weathered and not the brightest) are harmless. Philadelphia is a war zone compared to the few fans that even go to the games. Yes, there are other revenues that aren't so welcoming, but no question Philadelphia tops that list.

sounds like they would welcome revenue with open arms at Shea (or whatever the new name is)

LastingsMilledge85
04-19-2010, 10:45 PM
sounds like they would welcome revenue with open arms at Shea (or whatever the new name is)

They will pay you to go, then lose. ;)

34swtns
04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Philly fans, don't get too uptight about it. Make no mistake, you've done plenty to earn your reputation. Enjoy it, lavish in it......there are a lot of Philly folks that do.

Yes, be proud of the fact that when I go to a travel agency (ANY travel agency) here in Tampa to see about booking a trip to see a Bucs away game in Philly they all invariably say "we don't advise it, Eagles fans are garbage....they've got an actual jail set up in the stadium to hold all the d-bags they have to arrest at every game".

Philly fan' behavior is legendary and sure there are idiots in every city, there just happen to be a whole lot more in Philly where acting like a jackass and berating visiting fans is accepted as the norm.

I go to several Bucs home games and have yet to hear a visiting fan get any more than good-natured smack talk from any of the home crowd. We're not animals down here but I'm highly certain that if you were a Bucs fan giving a visitor a bunch of s#!t you'd probably get your ass kicked by fellow Bucs fans. That's just not how we behave.

Seriously, if you Philly folks ever want to stop people from bashing you then you need to clean it up. You're always gonna be the worst city, you're always gonna be the targets of the media.....until you start policing yourselves and one another and make a concerted effort to change what the world thinks of you. If you see some douche bagging on a visiting fan be a man and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Until that day comes, (I predict it will come in the year "two thousand and never")........enjoy and take pride in your label. You've earned it.

apfriz
04-21-2010, 09:02 PM
"Seriously, if you Philly folks ever want to stop people from bashing you then you need to clean it up. You're always gonna be the worst city, you're always gonna be the targets of the media.....until you start policing yourselves and one another and make a concerted effort to change what the world thinks of you. If you see some douche bagging on a visiting fan be a man and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT."

funny you say that, the title of the thread says it all.....the people in the stands did EXACTLY that, and yet, it is barely mentioned? you only reference the action, not the RE-action.....and aside from Millings breif encounter im guessing 25 years ago, nobody that has had anything to say so far has any personal experience....they just continue to trot out the same.....old......story and heresay?

Tell me Tampa, if the Philly fan is sooo bad, why dont you share some of your personal experiences when we took over the town in 2008 when Tampa had no interest in supporting the Rays, so half the stadium was filled with visiting Philly fans....dont recall any problems there? but that wouldnt make any sense? we are arrogant idiots that piss and vomit on little kids....any good stories of philly fans stealing old ladies' hambags?

I met either Zobrist or Longoria's mom (my memory is failing) at the series when they were in Philly, and I didnt even know who they were at the time, I just struck up a conversation with them because they had a rays jacket on, and asked them how long they were up, etc, and she said that they followed the team down from Boston, and then she finally said that her son was on the team....and she said a funny thing....that the fans in boston were way worse than she thought, and that Philly fans werent nearly as bad as EVERYONE says they are....? and that was a PLAYER'S Mom, wearing a visiting team's jacket?!???!?

34swtns
04-21-2010, 10:40 PM
You realize that you are one tiny voice among a million dissenters, right?

If your brothers will clean up their behavior you wouldn't have to stick your neck out to try to defend an entire populace.

Sorry dude, but "where there's smoke there's fire". The whole world knows it.

Bottom line: Philly, if you don't like being called dirtbags......
do something to change it.

LastingsMilledge85
04-21-2010, 11:03 PM
My encounter was actually 5-6 years ago, if that helps.

Neely8
04-22-2010, 08:56 AM
.....and aside from Millings breif encounter im guessing 25 years ago, nobody that has had anything to say so far has any personal experience....they just continue to trot out the same.....old......story and heresay?

I have been to Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, and Phantoms games in Philly and speaking from PERSONAL experience I can say most Philly fans are dirtbags. You want examples?

I was at a an Eagles/Rams game with my son who about 8 at the time. We had on Rams jerseys but were minding our own business and not saying a word. The dirtbags were relentless and even stooped low enough to berate an 8 year old. Very classy.

At another Eagles/Rams game just after having knee surgery and still with stitches and a knee brace on, some tough guy got in my face obviously because he knew I could not do anything to him in my condition.

At a Phillies/Reds game upon exiting the stadium after the came some drunk idiot talked mad sh$t to me the whole way down the street pretty much until I got to my car.

At a Phantoms/Prov. Bruins game a group of idiots were busting me and my brothers balls the WHOLE game and even had a couple of little kids come over to us and talk sh$t. They groom them young there obviously.

At several Flyers/Bruins games some idiots talked SO much crap that it was not even enjoyable to watch the games unless they do not know you are fans of the other team.

I can see a person getting hassled if he is outwardly going crazy rooting for his team and talking smack in the home team's stadium but when you are there minding your own business and not saying a word and get berated and harassed (like in Philly) it really gets old. The bottom line is if you are going to see your team in Philly don't wear anything representing them or more than likely it will not be an enjoyable experience for you. I have learned that from PERSONAL experience...

Neely8
04-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh yeah I forget one. While at another Eagles/Rams game and dealing with a couple of idiots sitting behind us for the ENTIRE game, my brother got a funnel cake thrown on his back covering him in powdered sugar. I guess he could have gotten something worse thrown on him but I'm sure you get the point.

34swtns
04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Apfriz.......heard enough?

Give it up, holmes. Your people need some serious attitude adjusting.
Everybody knows it, everybody's known it for years.

Ian Beckles, a former Buc, former Bronco, and former Eagle, has a radio show here in Tampa and he constantly espouses about how different the fans are in Philly than anywhere else he played in his entire professional career and what low-life dirtbags they are.

Just own it. If you don't like it, I understand.....who would, (well, except Philly fan)?
But you can't defend it or say it's all "hearsay".

Again, be a man and be part of the solution or continue to wear your label, 'cuz, trust me brother, it's yours without a doubt.

34swtns
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
And let's not forget what the classy Philly folks were screaming at Joe Jurvicius while the Bucs were handing the Eagles their asses in the 2002 NFC Championship game: "I hope your baby dies!" and "Your baby's dead!".
Those comments were well-documented in the papers and news reports.

Joe's newborn son was fighting for his life in a hospital at the time and later died.

Buncha' douches. :mad:

Metsfan808
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
I have been to see a game at every stadium except, Houston, Arlington, San Francisco, Oakland, Atlanta & Denver. I have enjoyed my baseball road trips at every stop except Philly. I am not a Phillies hater by any means and I am not the type of fan that goes into a home stadium and cheer loudly and yell against the home team. I know that going in wearing the visitor's jersey and cap deserves getting ribbed and all. But in no other stadium have I had stuff thrown at me except Philly. In no other stadium have I had someone get in my face yelling and challenging me to a fight while I was walking down the aisle to get to my seat except in Philly. Yell, scream, curse say anything you want but there is no need to throw anything at me or get into my face. The only place that has happened was in Philly. The ushers are useless. When my wife complained to one of them that people were throwing stuff at us they said, you shouldn't come here wearing Mets stuff if you do not want people throwing stuff at you.

The last time I went was in April of 2008 and in the parking lot there were 22 cars with slashed tires all with NY plates. There was a guy in a Phillies jersey who came from upstate NY and was pissed because his tires were slashed.

Stay classy Philly.

xpress34
04-22-2010, 03:12 PM
I really hate 'jumping the bandwagon', but I'll give you an even better version of how bad Phils fans - and they don't even have to be at home!!!

About 4 years back, I was at the Eagles/Broncos game at INVESCO in DENVER! The seats that my friend got were located right in the middle of a bunch of Eagles fans. We weren't wearing any Broncos gear (I'm a baseball guy), but when one of them saw us cheer after Ian Gold returned his 2nd punt for a TD in the same quarter, they got all in our face (again, in DENVER) talking all kinds of BS, even threatening us etc... we just ignored them, but it just went right with everything you hear about Philly.

In 2007 and 2009 at Coors Field (again, in DENVER) during the playoffs, the Phils fan talked smack every game - even more so while being SWEPT during the 2009 NLDS.

I won't call them names, I will let the actions I described above speak for themselves...

In related news, on a FB post about the passing of Rockies Prez Keli McGregor, so douche kid wrote (in very bad taste obviously):
"Hahaha! Ya really! Maybe take Yulo with him!" (Meaning Tulo) and thinking it's funny that Keli died and wishing Tulo had died? I seriously worry for the future when I read comment like that.

RIP Keli McGregor - a great baseball man and an even better person.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Me%20and/McGregor.jpg
(That's Keli on the Left)

- Chris

xpress34
04-22-2010, 03:14 PM
EDIT:

This:

In 2007 and 2009 at Coors Field (again, in DENVER) during the playoffs, the Phils fan talked smack every game - even more so while being SWEPT during the 2009 NLDS.

Should have said 2007 NLDS.

- Chris

justinbittner220
04-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm lost for words...

eb31
04-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Lucky that wasn't my daughter he puked on. I would still be sitting in jail.

Neal
04-23-2010, 07:14 AM
I always thought Chicago Cubs fans were considered the worst fans in baseball.

Wrigley is a dump, and so are the fans there. Loveable losers my ass, that is one team that will never win the WS.

LastingsMilledge85
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
And the connection between winning the World Series and Philadelphia having unruly fans is where?

sox83cubs84
04-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I always thought Chicago Cubs fans were considered the worst fans in baseball.

Wrigley is a dump, and so are the fans there. Loveable losers my ass, that is one team that will never win the WS.

In some cases, you're right. The team's marketing activities seem to indicate that it only wants to appeal to the rich and drunks in the bleachers. When there are no more bleacher seats for the drunken frat boys to sit in, they start invading the rest of the park, pushing the families out. Just another reason why, even though I'm a Cubs fan, it's far more enjoyable to attend games at Comiskey Park.

Dave M.
Chicago area

apfriz
04-23-2010, 07:26 PM
I dont think there is much more to discuss....most of you that have replied have missed my point from the start.....MOST Philly fans are NOT like this, and none of you have acknowledged my point that the fans that saw it DID do something about it....one poster showed the guy beat up, thats it.

Im not defending the idiots (most often at Eagles games) however, common sense tells you not to place yourself in situations that Neely has presented. If you knew (from experience) after the first two times that 'there is a good chance my balls might get broke' than the other 6 times you visited Philly and chose to wear the opponents jersey, you are either More arrogant than the morons that care enough to break your balls, or you're less intelligent than the morons that broke your balls.

the comment about Joe J is rediculous and extremely low class....but if 15 drunk idiots in a section are shouting it, and a media guy nearby hears it and then the media runs with it....you make it seem like 60,000 fans were clapping and shouting it in unison....

I enjoy debating this subject, but I dont believe the conversation is moving in a good direction....

Millings, the connection between the World Series and the philly fans is simple....the Tampa fans sold a ton of seats to Phillies fans at the 08 series, because Tampa had no interest....the point was if Philly fans are so bad, why werent there any outlandish events....

part of the solution....too funny....Sweetness, you are typical. Quick to point a finger, nothing really to say except what you hear, and bring nothing to the table.

Nealy is the only guy that brought anything to the table, he had some tough experiences, and you never want to hear people pick on the kids, but the football drunks are admittingly tough to deal with, I hate going to football games for this reason, but I question how far the gap really is between eagle fans and pick your metropolis, but giants and jets fans cant be THAT far behind...

Express...I typically like your posts, but how can you not see that anyone that is dumb enough to start crap with 50,000 other fans (an exxageration), IN DENVER?, is more of a reflection of simply a very dumb person, and not the reflection of entire city? and who doesnt talk smack about their team ??? You dont think Rock fans talk smack and cheer their team?

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the topic....was fun to kick around...
Happy collecting! Go Phils!

34swtns
04-25-2010, 10:16 AM
part of the solution....too funny....Sweetness, you are typical. Quick to point a finger, nothing really to say except what you hear, and bring nothing to the table.

Quite the contrary, you just don't want to hear what people are saying. You're too busy trying to carry the tattered flag of your town.
And what I "bring to the table" is exactly the most penultimate point that can be made in this discussion........if you don't like it, be part of the solution and do something about it....period. There is no argument that can be made against that singular point. None.

It's a suck label to have but your city has earned it.

BULBUS
05-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Maybe they should have used the taser on the puker :D

sox83cubs84
05-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Is this the time to point out that Philadelphia leads both leagues in fans tasered due to idiot illegal behavior?

If not, how about the fact that another moron did the same thing the next night, onlt to avoid a taser takedown by meekly surrendering when security came close?

Just wondering...

Dave M.
Chicago area

xpress34
05-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Is this the time to point out that Philadelphia leads both leagues in fans tasered due to idiot illegal behavior?

If not, how about the fact that another moron did the same thing the next night, onlt to avoid a taser takedown by meekly surrendering when security came close?

Just wondering...

Dave M.
Chicago area

Dave -

LMAO!!!

Anyway, now people are coming out saying security went too far in tasing the 17 year old... Really??? They don't know if he is armed or just stupid and contrary to the public opinion being spouted that he didn't commit a 'criminal' act - jumping onto an MLB field (ANY MLB Field) is CRIMINAL TRESPASS as every fan is warned in the opening statements at each game that ANY fan going onto the field of play is subject to arrest and fines and prosecution.

On top of that fact, this idiot OPENLY admitted that it was a PREMEDITATED act - not impulsive, etc - in that he had called his father prior to doing it to see what he thought about the idea!!!

I'm sorry Phillie Phans, but these clowns just keep the spotlight planted on your fan base...

apfriz
05-06-2010, 09:33 PM

Just wondering...

Dave M.
Chicago area

No Dave, I have nothing to defend except the security....have no problem with Tasering these idiots....Maybe it will make you feel like they are
'doing something about it' and not let these idiots continue this practice and protect the players....only a matter of time before something ugly happens.

However, being said, I was curious if I was the only one who saw the cub highlights over the weekend on MLB network, when the cub fans threw beer or food, i forget, at three vancouver fans, wearing canuck jerseys, walking the aisle at wrigley?

Funny how it never seems to get the same press as it does in Philly, we would have been crucified!

Im done fighting that battle but if you want to keep pointing out Phun Philly Phacts, I prefer to point out that we took 2/3 from the 'red hot mets' and 3/4 from the 'unstopable' cardinals in consecutive series.....
but sheepishly, ol Neely and his bruins seem to be taking it to the 'bullies'
aint over yet, but Kate smith is warming up...

Neely8
05-06-2010, 11:34 PM
but sheepishly, ol Neely and his bruins seem to be taking it to the 'bullies'
aint over yet, but Kate smith is warming up...

Oh you happened to notice that? ;) Let's Go Bruins!

apfriz
05-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Maybe it will make you feel like they are
'doing something about it' and not let these idiots continue this practice and protect the players.

Got you and Sweetness mixed up Dave, sorry !:eek:

gingi79
05-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Just thought I'd share some insight from personal experience. I root for the Braves, the Canucks and the Dolphins. I've seen one game in Atlanta but I've seen them as the road team in many stadiums. Ditto my beloved Canucks and Fish. I'll wear a jersey and hat and cheer when we do well but I don't drink at games and I never antagonize the opposition. Just so Philly doesn't feel picked on, here is the rundown of run-ins I've had. Now I'll josh my friends who are Jets/Mets/Rangers/Pats/Phils fans but I truly dislike their teams. Not because I'm supposed to but because their fans have personally treated me poorly. Anyone who takes Pro sports personally to a point of feeling they have to physically impose themselves on a rival fan, is a dillusional failed athlete and an empty, callow lost child. We love our teams but you aren't a part of them. Grow up children, just because you cheer for them doesn't mean you are one of them! Anyway, here's how I've seen it:

Ottawa Senator fans with the exception of 4 drunken college kids were only mildly obnoxious. Nothing thrown on me but a ton of rude and inappropriate comments. However, I did have some great compliments on my jersey as well.

LA Kings fans in my experience jump on the bandwagon worse than any team I've ever witnessed. The post Gretzky to this season era of Kings hockey was invisible. Sure there were die hards and VanCity wasn't the Cup winning team but the building was half empty and half Canucks fans. I don't think anyone even knew or cared I was rooting for the Canucks. Very Blaise.

The Islanders charge so much money for tickets you would think they were fielding the early 80's squad and not the current bunch of no-name kids. Always filled with rival fans and you could have a marching band playing Oh Canada! the whole time and no one would do or say anything.

Ranger fans have become despondent since their one stolen Cup in 1994. I used to fear going there but not anymore. Ranger fans have mellowed.

Chicago is much like their dirtbag Dman Dustin Buttfugly. Not only did one drunk idiot and his posse of alcohol induced slack jawed yokels attempt to goad me into a fight, I heard so much smack from so many lowclass dirtbags before i even went into the stadium, that I took off my jersey, sold my tickets and did something else that night. This was before 2009 and the current trio of pansys that Bettman instructs his refs to coddle. This was loserville Chicago when they were in the bottom third of the standings. Now? I'm watching my team fold under the pressure of one sided reffing and uncalled after the whistle crap. I can only hope the Hawks and their fans get to play Philly so they get the abuse they deserve.

Oakland Raider fans are insane. Case closed. Much like Philly, I'd root for my own death before rooting for the opposition.

Jets fans are much like their team as well. Who knew being a great team one time in their franchise history allows you to grab my friends boobs because she was a Fish fan? Did she not mention she was studying martial arts? This was sadly pre-YouTube, greatest butt kicking I have ever seen. I'd pay money to watch it again. Or the other time my brother as a Jets fan and had to step in and calm down a group of sober jock sniffers who didn't like the fact I rooted for Miami? Tore my jersey and stole my hat. Stay Classy and stay in Jersey, please.

Yanks fans didn't say Boo to me at Yankee Stadium other than "Nice jersey" and "Great game!" This was in the bleachers against the Bravos and I was in a hat and a jersey. Knowledgable and friendly with some good natured ribbing.

Mets fans same thing. I went to Shea over 30 times in 20+ years from 1986 to 2008. I've seen them at CitiField too. Not one time did I deal with a drunken idiot, have anything spilled on me, feel violated, fearful or scared of a potential altercation. Playful and respectful ribbing and a good time all around. And I sat everywhere man. Box seats to outfield bleachers, upper deck to Loge. Wasn't always packed with fans but the people there were rooting for the Mets, man. Gotta respect them.

Now, as for the city in question. Forget hearsay, personal opinions and rumor. Philadelphia has done a stellar job of making the city an stockade of Philly fans. Nowhere has the veil of hatred for mediocrity and rival fans been so pronounced. And you know what? That's amazing. Nobody wants to see rival fans in your teams house. I have seen the Phillies at two stadiums, the Flyers, the Phantoms, the 76ers and one awful Iggels game. Not one time have I worn a rivals hat, shirt, jersey etc. I would never dream of rooting for the opposition. Yet I have seen fights, things thrown, mobs of angry drunks, tailgaters full of liquid courage fighting each other over who was better, the current Eagles or the old Eagles! It's a zoo. But man is it entertaining. I think it's incredible that the fans have made it uncomfortable for rival fans to visit, keeps the home team advantage. City of Brotherly Love (and rival hatred) Embrace it Philly, makes you colorful.

apfriz
05-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks for sharing Gingi! I like the way you brought your points to the table....what demographic are you from ? you cover quite the spectrum there! Braves, Dolphins and Canucks!! As a die-hard Phillie fan, it may be odd to others that the Braves are my 2nd fav team....TBS was a staple on our cable system since it began, so as I grew up, the Phils were awful for 10 years 84-99 (save 93) and the Braves were only on their way to winning 14 odd or around there straight div titles...and they were on EVERY night ! and they were awesome. Went to the Braves Phillies game today!

and i remember watching the 94 cup rooting for the Canucks so bad...STILL cant believe Richter stoned Bure.....it may still be the greatest play that I've seen live (on TV)...I hate the Rangers, and my uncle is Richter's brother-in-law, broke my heart to see them draft him. the Rangers should have never got past the Devils that year...

gingi79
05-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks for sharing Gingi! I like the way you brought your points to the table....what demographic are you from ? you cover quite the spectrum there! Braves, Dolphins and Canucks!! As a die-hard Phillie fan, it may be odd to others that the Braves are my 2nd fav team....TBS was a staple on our cable system since it began, so as I grew up, the Phils were awful for 10 years 84-99 (save 93) and the Braves were only on their way to winning 14 odd or around there straight div titles...and they were on EVERY night ! and they were awesome. Went to the Braves Phillies game today!

and i remember watching the 94 cup rooting for the Canucks so bad...STILL cant believe Richter stoned Bure.....it may still be the greatest play that I've seen live (on TV)...I hate the Rangers, and my uncle is Richter's brother-in-law, broke my heart to see them draft him. the Rangers should have never got past the Devils that year...

Thanks for your kind words Apfriz. I was born in Miami and raised on Long Island. Yeah I totally miss Ted Turner owning this team. TBS used to show every game for free, now I have to pay for MLB.tv or MLB Extra Innings. 1994 was simply the greatest post season I ever experienced. From Bure's Game 7 goal against Calgary to his flying elbow that floored Churla to Trevor Linden's shot on Felix Potvin that Greg Adams buried to send them to the Finals, I loved being the only kid in my high school rooting for them. So much so, that teachers and people I never met before congratulated me as if the Canucks winning was somehow due to me. The Devils/Rangers series was insane. I can still hear Sam Rosen and John Davidson screaming Matteau!!! Matteau!!! I never liked Messier but anytime a Captain says "We are not going to lose. We are going to win tonight" and then scores a Hat Trick to win is worth the respect he is due. Mike Richter had a commercial during the playoffs where he is stopping all these shots and skates away just before the last one and it ricochets off of an invisible wall. Mike skates back and tries to rub off the mark it left. I always wondered if maybe they forgot to remove it before Pavel took that penalty shot.......:p

I never thought I would own a Pavel Bure game worn jersey but I found a cheap one on eBay in 2005. I photomatched it and sold it for twice the price. Hurt to let it go until my beloved wife found the money to pay for a 1993/94 MeiGray registered Skate Logo jersey with 3 nice repairs and a sleeve extension to protect his wrist after he broke it. It is my all time favorite jersey and reminds me of that season every time I look at it. Now if I could just photomatch it, it would be the only way I could love it more.

apfriz
05-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for your kind words Apfriz. I was born in Miami and raised on Long Island. Yeah I totally miss Ted Turner owning this team. TBS used to show every game for free, now I have to pay for MLB.tv or MLB Extra Innings. 1994 was simply the greatest post season I ever experienced. From Bure's Game 7 goal against Calgary to his flying elbow that floored Churla to Trevor Linden's shot on Felix Potvin that Greg Adams buried to send them to the Finals, I loved being the only kid in my high school rooting for them. So much so, that teachers and people I never met before congratulated me as if the Canucks winning was somehow due to me. The Devils/Rangers series was insane. I can still hear Sam Rosen and John Davidson screaming Matteau!!! Matteau!!! I never liked Messier but anytime a Captain says "We are not going to lose. We are going to win tonight" and then scores a Hat Trick to win is worth the respect he is due. Mike Richter had a commercial during the playoffs where he is stopping all these shots and skates away just before the last one and it ricochets off of an invisible wall. Mike skates back and tries to rub off the mark it left. I always wondered if maybe they forgot to remove it before Pavel took that penalty shot.......:p

I never thought I would own a Pavel Bure game worn jersey but I found a cheap one on eBay in 2005. I photomatched it and sold it for twice the price. Hurt to let it go until my beloved wife found the money to pay for a 1993/94 MeiGray registered Skate Logo jersey with 3 nice repairs and a sleeve extension to protect his wrist after he broke it. It is my all time favorite jersey and reminds me of that season every time I look at it. Now if I could just photomatch it, it would be the only way I could love it more.

I dont remember...what seed were the Canucks?
Bure and Teemu were my two favorites from that era....those two, could have been unreal, if they played with any talent, like a sami salo;) :D , especially Pavel..

I do remember that Richter commercial, that was a good one...:p
Is your Bure home white, or away black? Im suprised you havent photo-matched it, but at the same time, understand, as 93-94, there most likely arent a TON of options to try and sift through photos.

Have you tried posting pictures? Im sure the community would help or throw some leads that you havent tried.

My collection bascially consists of Braves and Phillies jerseys...the only two exceptions are a Larry Bowa Yankees jersey, which I bought because it has a Phil Rizzuto no and band on the sleeve, which is #10, Bowa's old number with the Phils, so i found it pretty cool, and a Roy Halladay road jersey from 2000....I dont know where to begin, but I would love to try and photomatch it...I think the Braves home jerseys are arguably the best in baseball....

34swtns
05-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I think it's incredible that the fans have made it uncomfortable for rival fans to visit, keeps the home team advantage. City of Brotherly Love (and rival hatred) Embrace it Philly, makes you colorful.

Ridiculous statement.

"makes you colorful"??!!

No. it makes you a bunch of A-holes.

apfriz
05-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Ridiculous statement.

"makes you colorful"??!!

No. it makes you a bunch of A-holes.

Let us know when your seminar on class, and proper fan behavior sweeps through the Philadelphia/Tri-State area. I will be first in line!
You are a beacon of light and through your enlightenment, you can help us break through the tyrrany that plagues our city, and once again, the light can shine brighter on our fair city and fans.

LEAD US Sweetness, we need someone to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Holding my breath...

Anthony

34swtns
05-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Dude, a million of me wouldn't make a difference in that craphole.

Keep holding your breath.....please.

sox83cubs84
05-10-2010, 11:34 AM
apfriz:

As I've stated earlier, the Wrigley Field bleachers have classless, drunken fans (not all, but a majority) that would be comparable to Philly rooters. It's rare that any problems in the park regarding throwing items on the field, fighting, etc. DOESN'T come from the Bud Light Bleachers. Probably more than half the fans on any given day are there to get drunk, hook up with the opposite sex, and act like head cases. The inmates run the asylum out there, and Cubs management promotes it to the hilt as the party place of the Unfriendly Confines. I have seen a hot female have beer cups thrown at her, a guy get literally chased out of the bleachers, and kids victimized by strongarm robbery by bleacher idiots when they didn't want to throw a opposing hitter's home run back. I once wrote a ballpark security boss, Mike Hill, and asked why, if throing items on the playing field was grounds for ejection, why that wasn't the case for home run balls? For my query, I got two responses: a) that the players were supposedly looking for the baseball to come sailing back and b) a lifetime spot on his S--t List for having the gall to ask in the first place.

That's why I hope that one day soon, a fan is hassled by bleacher drunks about not throwing a opposing home run back to the point that he sues the Cubs and their security cops as a result. The Cubs need a major PR black eye like that, and I would cheer about it openly under the marquee sign if it did.

Dave M.
Chicago area