PDA

View Full Version : 1994 NBA Rookie Game Jersey

Dewey2007
04-14-2010, 09:17 PM
I recently picked up this game worn Isaiah Rider jersey attributed to the 1994 NBA Rookie Game played during All-Star Weekend that year. This was the first year they played the rookie game and this was a one-time style of jersey worn after they placed the players team name on the jerseys in '95. The jersey also shows about as much use as can be expected for a jersey worn once for 21 minutes of action.

I personally have never seen this type of jersey offered before and have asked a couple of other forum members and they had not seen any either. Another collector indicated he had only seen two other Rookie Game jerseys prior to this one and he owned one of them from the 1995 game. I searched SCD's Auction Database and could not find any that have been sold at auction before either. I know their database is not complete but it has results from most of the major auction houses over the last 4-5 years.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone owns a jersey like this or seen one (Game Used, Game Issued, or Pro-Cut) like this before? Any feedback is appreciated.

Dewey

joshmiller0
04-16-2010, 05:26 AM
That jersey is amazing! If you don't mind where did you get it and for how much? Just wondering.. beautiful pick up

Dewey2007
04-16-2010, 10:26 AM
That jersey is amazing! If you don't mind where did you get it and for how much? Just wondering.. beautiful pick up

Thanks. I picked it up on eBay for a little over $600 with shipping. Seller lucked out and there was one other person who wanted it as much as me and so it went for more then I had hoped.

Dewey2007
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Oh yeah, I exchanged a couple of e-mails with the T-Wolves longtime equipment manager and he indicated that the ballpoint pen markings on one of the interior tags were factory markings . Anyone know what these mean??

Also, he seemed to remember that the players wore a different jersey in each of half of the rookie game with the NBA keeping one set and the player getting to keep the other. He did indicate it was 16 years ago so he wasn't 100% on this but that's what he seemed to recall.