PDA

View Full Version : Steiner LOA question

costas
04-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Last week on Ebay I purchased a game issued Yankees jersey and while the letter confirms it is game issued, the matching holograms say "Game Used". Have others here who purchased Steiner items before had this happen before?

zooat2
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
- Yes I have had the same issue purchasing directly from Steiner on two occassions... I have a Cano bat w/ a "Game Issued" holo, even tho its clearly game used....and I also have a CC Game Issued jersey that is tagged with a "game used" holo...

costas
04-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Thank you zooat2, can you ask them to reissue another LOA with the correct holograms? Who QCs these anyway?

zooat2
04-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Thank you zooat2, can you ask them to reissue another LOA with the correct holograms? Who QCs these anyway?

- No prob costas!..I called them and told them of error. They apologized and sent me the proper docs...It didnt really bother me at all because I have no intention of the selling the pieces, but it makes you aware of how careless they really are.

costas
04-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Good to hear it was corrected zooat2. Did you have to send them the items and what happened to the original LOA?

indyred
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
is holo A MLB AUTHENTICATED ONE OR Steiner?

costas
04-14-2010, 02:09 PM
The one I have is Steiner holograms, one on the jersey and one on the LOA same numbers.

zooat2
04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Good to hear it was corrected zooat2. Did you have to send them the items and what happened to the original LOA?

- No, I didnt have to send them the items, they just sent me updated holos...because in my case, the Cano LOA was correct, but the holo on the bat was wrong, and same in the CC case.

costas
04-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Thank you zooat2, so you had to remove the original holograms and replace them with the new ones? Was that hard to do for the paper LOA?

legaleagle92481
04-14-2010, 02:55 PM
this is the craziest thing i have ever heard. what is to stop someone from putting the holograms they sent on another item and selling that item as a steiner item for which the letter was "lost"? They should have made you send them the item and put on the new holos themselves.

indyred
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
this is the craziest thing i have ever heard. what is to stop someone from putting the holograms they sent on another item and selling that item as a steiner item for which the letter was "lost"? They should have made you send them the item and put on the new holos themselves.

Agreed. Terrible idea that they issue more than one LOA or holograms for stuff.