PDA

View Full Version : Thome and the Twins

skyking26
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Enjoying MLB Xtra Innings purely from the prospect I can watch the Twins. Here is a team that can go all the way...what a matchup: MN vs. Philly. Wow.

After watching last nights game, and I realize it was 1 game, Thome looked terrible. Definately not the guy we used to see. I saw a guy hanging on. Took two beautiful strikes and then flailed at a 3rd strike miserably. I wish he would have retired gracefully. Seeing guys you have alot of respect for hang on is pitiful...

legaleagle92481
04-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Enjoying MLB Xtra Innings purely from the prospect I can watch the Twins. Here is a team that can go all the way...what a matchup: MN vs. Philly. Wow.

After watching last nights game, and I realize it was 1 game, Thome looked terrible. Definately not the guy we used to see. I saw a guy hanging on. Took two beautiful strikes and then flailed at a 3rd strike miserably. I wish he would have retired gracefully. Seeing guys you have alot of respect for hang on is pitiful...

Give him some time it is first couple of games of the year it takes guys awhile to get going sometimes. If around Memorial Day he still is scuffing then its a different story. Power like he has does not just evaporate and he always whiffed alot so I would not be concerned yet.

gorilla777
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Wayyyy too early to make that call off one, two appearances? He needs to see some at bats this year.
And I just got back from the game tonight and he looked anythilng but done, blasting one out in center field.

Ben

LastingsMilledge85
04-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Way to early to tell, but if I remember he wasn't too impressive with the Dodgers off the bench. Power doesn't necessarily evaporate but his approach may have changed like David Wright in 2009.

thomecollector
04-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Yep ! He sure looked washed up last night when he hit that 3 run bomb ! Lol. Patience , Bobby. You could always sell me your Thome stuff ..:D

skyking26
04-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Yep ! He sure looked washed up last night when he hit that 3 run bomb ! Lol. Patience , Bobby. You could always sell me your Thome stuff ..:D
The Twins game was nowhere to be found on MLB ExtraInnings when Thome hit the HR. Another reason I won't pay $200 for it. I have certain teams I watch like the Twins, and laying out that dough and having it not there would make me upset. Anybody have any video of the HR they can send me?

sox83cubs84
04-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Last night at the Cell, Thome stopped to sign autographs after taking his BP cuts...on the WHITE SOX side of the field! He adopted his usual strategy there of signing for fans furthest from the dugout (he assumes the ones next to the dugout are dealers and/or the autograph version of Trekkies). However, he pretty much ignored all the fans gathered (including me) on the Twins side of the field.:mad:

Dave M.
Chicago area

ironmanfan
04-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Last night at the Cell, Thome stopped to sign autographs after taking his BP cuts...on the WHITE SOX side of the field! He adopted his usual strategy there of signing for fans furthest from the dugout (he assumes the ones next to the dugout are dealers and/or the autograph version of Trekkies). However, he pretty much ignored all the fans gathered (including me) on the Twins side of the field.:mad:

Dave M.
Chicago area

Does Thome still sign TTM? I got the bottom card signed about five or six years ago c/o Spring Training:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/multiole-2.jpg

thomecollector
04-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Ironman,
Email me . I might be able to help answer questions.
Roger