PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia Auctions=clueless!

gameused
04-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Latest mess-up by the experts (100% authentic team) at American Memorabilia Auctions.

They list a regular season 1999 Nomar Garciapara game worn home jersey as a Game-Worn All-Star Jersey, stating the jersey has a 1999 All Star patch:http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=56298&qf=0&t=Open&q=nomar&p=0

If you take a look getty images all the Red Sox uniforms from 1999 have this patch as the All Star game was played in Boston in 1999.

Those guys at American Memorabilia are totally clueless:confused:

Bobby

sox83cubs84
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey...the inner not only gets a misidentified jersey...he gets a brief supply of toilet paper, too (100% Authentic LOA).;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

jgoldstein2000
04-09-2010, 08:07 PM
My question is does it look like a good 1999 Garciapara jersey? Thoughts?

Dewey2007
04-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Latest mess-up by the experts (100% authentic team) at American Memorabilia Auctions.

They list a regular season 1999 Nomar Garciapara game worn home jersey as a Game-Worn All-Star Jersey, stating the jersey has a 1999 All Star patch:http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=56298&qf=0&t=Open&q=nomar&p=0

If you take a look getty images all the Red Sox uniforms from 1999 have this patch as the All Star game was played in Boston in 1999.

Those guys at American Memorabilia are totally clueless:confused:

Bobby

Can the folks at American Memorabilia be much to blame anymore? I thought consigners now created their own auction listings and provided their own pics. Which I guess can leave the door open for potential error and misrepresentation of items if one wanted to. I thought AMI just collected a 20% consignment fee for items listed on their site.

sox83cubs84
04-10-2010, 03:23 PM
My question is does it look like a good 1999 Garciapara jersey? Thoughts?

The jersey itself, at least from photos, looks promising...just misattributed.

Dave M.
Chicago area

jgoldstein2000
04-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Removed?

sox83cubs84
04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I had a GUF member who is a Red Sox fan point out something that I didn't see in the photos I perused...the presence of the 2000-present MLB neck logo (on a 1999 jersey). It seems unusual, but there is one way that this would be explained. The neck logo was added in 2000 spring training, not the regular season, and 1999 jerseys worn in the 2000 preseason would have this logo present. I was at Cubs camp that spring, and saw numerous examples of 1999 home jerseys withthe neck logo added (the Cubs do wear game jerseys for home games in Arizona).

Dave M.

justinbittner220
04-17-2010, 09:42 PM
I'll agree with anyone that says something bad about AM. I bought a "supposed" Forbes Field turnstile. It took 3 months to get. They would not reply to emails, but they had no problem emailing and calling 6 times an hour asking for payment. They had no clue to authentification. No COA like promised... and they still won't respond to me, even after a letter from my attorney. I blame myself though, in the long run, for choosing to deal with them over a more reputable auction group.

Mulligans
04-18-2010, 07:20 AM
I like to listen to peoples opinions about items and Auction Houses, but then at the end of the day I have to make my own decisions. I had heard some negative publicity on here about AM.

I have been dealing with AM for 3 months now and I have never encountered anything quite like it. I have had non stop issues with their items, their delivery, their people and it just goes on and on and on and on.....I am speaking to them at least 10 times a week and it is just absolutely rediculous.

These people are an absolutely clueless group of children running around with their heads cut off. Seriously, I have NEVER seen anything like it. I understand that they are just a conduit to the sellers, but there is no excuse.

I have started to deal with GF and Hunt more often, I cannot begin to tell you how truely great these companies are run in comparison to AM.

Sometimes over zealous opinions about an item or an Auction House on the Forum will scare bidders away which creates GREAT opportunities.
That said, it just isn't worth the hassle of screwing around with American Memorabilia!

Just one man's opinion....