PDA

View Full Version : Is this really cool or really tragic?!

STLHAMMER32
04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Here is a nearly non-existent early stan musial signature bat. As the story goes it was cracked at Yankee Stadium by Musial (which probably would mean it was a WS bat if true) and it was then filled to make it a weighted bat for the yankee hitters to swing on deck. It hurt me to see a bat of this significance basically destroyed but maybe there are some that think it is neat with the story and the players after musial that may have swung the bat. Whats your take on this bat? Tragic or cool?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stan-Musial-rare-Game-Used-Heavy-Bat_W0QQitemZ300414464901QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item45f218f385

Dewey2007
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Here is a nearly non-existent early stan musial signature bat. As the story goes it was cracked at Yankee Stadium by Musial (which probably would mean it was a WS bat if true) and it was then filled to make it a weighted bat for the yankee hitters to swing on deck. It hurt me to see a bat of this significance basically destroyed but maybe there are some that think it is neat with the story and the players after musial that may have swung the bat. Whats your take on this bat? Tragic or cool?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stan-Musial-rare-Game-Used-Heavy-Bat_W0QQitemZ300414464901QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item45f218f385

I don't think there is anything tragic about this if the story behind the bat is true. The Yanks equipment manager probably saved this Musial bat from the trash since it was cracked and gave it new life. Equipment back then wasn't treated the way it these days.

Lokee
04-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I think that's very cool especially to think who might have swung that after Stan.

legaleagle92481
04-07-2010, 10:41 PM
i think it illustrates how little regard people had for gu stuff back then and like someone else said it is great that it was saved from the trash and it is cool to consider who might have swung it. it gets me alot mader when people cut stuff like that up for cards.

Manram
04-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Very cool story. You can only wonder who swung it......... :rolleyes:

Rob L
04-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Awesome. Assuming the story is true, a great piece of Yanks and Musial history.