PDA

View Full Version : 2009 World Series jerseys with no MLB hologram

mbenga28
04-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Steiner Sports has several Yankees game used 2009 World Series jerseys available, but with no MLB Authenticated holograms. have other World Series game used from previous years/teams also not have any MLB Authenticated holograms on them? I would assume that for one of baseball's biggest events, anything game used and sold to the public would have a hologram affixed on them. thanks.

LastingsMilledge85
04-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Steiner does sell many items without MLB holos and just have their own untrackable holos.

legaleagle92481
04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Steiner Sports has several Yankees game used 2009 World Series jerseys available, but with no MLB Authenticated holograms. have other World Series game used from previous years/teams also not have any MLB Authenticated holograms on them? I would assume that for one of baseball's biggest events, anything game used and sold to the public would have a hologram affixed on them. thanks.

I think there is some sort of error as for Steiner the prices are very reasonable and why post them now months after the World Series? I find it hard to believe that some of the ones available have not sold at those prices. Also they have a Wang jersey and the guy was not even on the World Series roster and had not played in months so why would he dress for the Series?

mbenga28
04-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I remember contacting Steiner several time after the World Series to ask about the jerseys and they said they were sold out, then a couple of weeks later some showed up on MLB Auctions and now this.

Was Wang with the team at the time, maybe he dressed up and was sitting in the dugout which would still constitute as game worn, right?

LastingsMilledge85
04-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Wouldnt surprise me if Wang dressed for the series because I'm almost certain Nady dressed for it and he played a day or two for the Yankees.

legaleagle92481
04-07-2010, 11:49 AM
I remember contacting Steiner several time after the World Series to ask about the jerseys and they said they were sold out, then a couple of weeks later some showed up on MLB Auctions and now this.

Was Wang with the team at the time, maybe he dressed up and was sitting in the dugout which would still constitute as game worn, right?

I have the scoop. They cannot confirm they were used in the Series and suspect that they are regular season jerseys that had the patches added and were backup jerseys during the Series and the letter only states that they were used in 2009. That being said I am considering buying a couple because they are cool looking with the patches and they are not a bad price all things considered and who knows maybe I can get a photomatch to one of the Series games.

LastingsMilledge85
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
You have a point with them being backup jerseys for the series because I think most of the players kept the ones worn if not auctioned. I do recall during one of the games that Teixeira wore a jersey sans the WS patch.

mbenga28
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
even as regular season jerseys with World Series patches added on, shouldn't they nonetheless have MLB Authenticated holograms? did they say exactly they can't confirm and suspect they were used in the regular season? that just doesn't sound solid enough for me to spend that money, even if it was used in the regular season only, well suspected to have been used.

shafrancollectibles.com
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
The set with MLB Authentication - which authenticated the home jerseys to game 6 and the road jerseys to game 5 - were sold directly via Steiner and also via MLB Auctions. Having had a few of the homes in my possession, I can verify, for the ones I saw, that they had extensive use - I did photomatch a few coach's jerseys to game 6 at Yankee Stadium as well so I was very comfortable with that set based on the small sample I had the pleasure to handle.

I do believe there are 1 or 2 more jerseys from this set at Steiner including this Gaudin where you can see the MLB hologram authenticates it to Game 5:

http://www.steinersports.com/chad-gaudin-41-2009-yankees-world-series-game-used-road-gray-jersey-w/-inaugural-season-ws-patches

Lokee
04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
bahahaha 1500 for Gaudin. Are you serious ? that is crazy.

legaleagle92481
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
bahahaha 1500 for Gaudin. Are you serious ? that is crazy.

that isn't bad at all for a jersey worn during a ws game by a guy on the active roster the coaches even went for more than that.

ereyes
04-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm Efrain Reyes from Steiner Sports. I've sold a few of the WS jerseys and this is the story. Teixeira wore 2 jerseys on the road, in game 3 and 5 he wore a jersey without the WS patch and in game 4 the jersey had the WS patch, hence the question about the second jerseys with the World Series patches. All game 5 jerseys and game 6 jerseys that we recevied were authenticated by MLB. The jerseys that were up on my site yesterday had the wrong wording. The jerseys are 2009 game used with inaugural and WS patches. I do have a few road MLB authenticated jerseys available, if you want a list or have any other questions please let me know. ereyes@steinersports.com

FYI - this year we'll have a partnership with the Chicago Cubs so I'll have opening day jerseys available.

legaleagle92481
04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm Efrain Reyes from Steiner Sports. I've sold a few of the WS jerseys and this is the story. Teixeira wore 2 jerseys on the road, in game 3 and 5 he wore a jersey without the WS patch and in game 4 the jersey had the WS patch, hence the question about the second jerseys with the World Series patches. All game 5 jerseys and game 6 jerseys that we recevied were authenticated by MLB. The jerseys that were up on my site yesterday had the wrong wording. The jerseys are 2009 game used with inaugural and WS patches. I do have a few road MLB authenticated jerseys available, if you want a list or have any other questions please let me know. ereyes@steinersports.com

FYI - this year we'll have a partnership with the Chicago Cubs so I'll have opening day jerseys available.

don't take this the wrong way but this is the prime example of why you guys need an online verification system. on ebay in the next few months i guarentee that at least one of these jerseys will turn up as a gu world series jersey that the seller happened to 'lose' the steiner loa for and some unsuspecting sap will buy it because of the patch and the fact that it has a steiner hologram.

mbenga28
04-10-2010, 11:13 AM
so did Steiner receive these recently from the Yankees, I just don't understand the inconsistency in why some jerseys have MLB authenticated holograms while other do not.

ereyes
04-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Couldn't agree with you more legaleagle, i see them on ebay myself and cringe because i know some poor bidder that knows nothing about the industry would be taken for a ride. We are looking into different ways of deterring this from happening in the future.

ereyes
04-12-2010, 08:20 AM
The secondary jersey were received from the Yankees a couple of months after the season was over. After Game 5 MLB authenticated all used WS road jerseys, not the secondary jerseys, not even the one Teixeira used in Game 4. That's why all of the secondary jerseys with the WS patches are categorized as 2009 Game Used with World Series patch, not World Series used.

mbenga28
04-12-2010, 08:29 AM
thanks Efrain, does Steiner also sell Yankee player belts and do you plan on receiving additional 2009 items or is that the complete inventory received from the Yankees currently listed on your site.

ereyes
04-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Funny you ask about belts, several collectors have asked about the belts recently, but since our partnership began in 2004 we've never received any belts. I believe this was the final shipment. We just received some pants and got back the Gardner 09 MLB authenicated WS Road jersey which was being signed and inscribed. Are you looking for something specific from 2009?

mbenga28
04-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Efrain yes I'm looking for a belt to go along with one of the pants I have to display. someone here suggested I go purchase a Mets game belt on your site though I have some doubts about if that would fit.

ereyes
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Efrain yes I'm looking for a belt to go along with one of the pants I have to display. someone here suggested I go purchase a Mets game belt on your site though I have some doubts about if that would fit.

We have belts a little as $9.99 so its probably worth the try.

pags13
04-13-2010, 06:35 AM
that isn't bad at all for a jersey worn during a ws game by a guy on the active roster the coaches even went for more than that.
boy, and I can't even get $800 for my 2000 game used road World Series jersey worn by Jose Vizcaino, and he actually played in 2 road games that series. I have been trying to sell this jersey for months now, with no success. I'll keep it before I give it away

legaleagle92481
04-13-2010, 08:13 AM
boy, and I can't even get $800 for my 2000 game used road World Series jersey worn by Jose Vizcaino, and he actually played in 2 road games that series. I have been trying to sell this jersey for months now, with no success. I'll keep it before I give it away

Is it Steiner/MLB certified? If it is 2000 I am guessing no. I was just pointing out that it was not a bad price for a Steiner/MLB certified jersey worn by an actual player during the Series. Especially since the Series is so recent and fresh in people's minds. I believe that most of the players went for over 10 grand and the coaches for at least 2 grand.

BULBUS
04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Is it Steiner/MLB certified? If it is 2000 I am guessing no. I was just pointing out that it was not a bad price for a Steiner/MLB certified jersey worn by an actual player during the Series. Especially since the Series is so recent and fresh in people's minds. I believe that most of the players went for over 10 grand and the coaches for at least 2 grand.

Its just Steiner authenticated. Steiner/Yankees did not use MLB on jerseys back then. And you're right, its all about the NOW and whos hot. Thats why we see current players selling for more than past stars that had great careers.

In ten years, those people who paid 2 grand for a coaches jersey, wont get anything near that for them.

mbenga28
04-13-2010, 08:26 AM
didn't Vizcaino hit the game winner in Game 1?

off topic but does anyone know why the Yankees don't use the stitched name, size, year swatch that most teams use on their game jerseys that's located near the jocktag or collar?

pags13
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
yeah it is only Steiner certified with their numbered hologram, which is pretty much a token thing, since you cannot enter the number and get any info via their website. jersey is 100% the real deal however, but hard to photomatch on a road, without the pinstripes.

Mattingly85MVP
04-18-2010, 12:48 PM
what's the going rate for Robbie Cano GU jersey's on the secondary market?

legaleagle92481
04-18-2010, 04:08 PM
what's the going rate for Robbie Cano GU jersey's on the secondary market?
probably about 2-2,500. the yanks go for big bucks and if he keeps up his torrid season it will only rise.