PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice anything new on opening day?

gameused
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I watched the Red Sox opening game yesterday and noticed that Dustin Pedroia was not using Easton brand equipment anymore. Pedroia was wearing Franklin batting gloves and wrist band, New Balance cleats and he was using a Wilson fielding glove.

Also, Manny Ramirez was swinging a Hoosier brand bat vs the Pirates today. I think the last time he used a Hoosier bat was with the Indians.

One more thing to add.....Pujols is still a HR hitting machine!:D

Anyone else notice anything new about their favorite team or player?

Bobby

LastingsMilledge85
04-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Move over Pujols, Garrett Jones launched two today :D. A few changes I noticed though where that a few prominent players on the Red Sox changed there numbers this season.

matt
04-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Did any of you notice the white rectangular labels on the handle of some bats, above the grip area? What are those things?

M

gameused
04-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Did any of you notice the white rectangular labels on the handle of some bats, above the grip area? What are those things?

M

Matt,

I think they leave that area bare to check the grain on the maple bats. Last year all the maple bats were two-tone and this year they went back to solid and two-tone maple bats.

Bobby

rwoodsbats
04-06-2010, 01:36 AM
I noticed in the Seattle vs. Oakland game that the bat boys had a game ready bat in their hand for the current batter ready to go in case of a break. Possibly a way to "speed up" the game?

jobathenut
04-06-2010, 02:29 AM
Being a red soxs fan please dont get upset at me talking about them.But i swear that jorge posada changed helmets during the game.His first at bat i noticed his normal dirty helmet and i even said to my brother "man it's a new season wear a new helmet"And at his next at bat it seemed to be cleaner.I was going to go over the tape to see if he indeed switched helmets.
I watched the Red Sox opening game yesterday and noticed that Dustin Pedroia was not using Easton brand equipment anymore. Pedroia was wearing Franklin batting gloves and wrist band, New Balance cleats and he was using a Wilson fielding glove.

Also, Manny Ramirez was swinging a Hoosier brand bat vs the Pirates today. I think the last time he used a Hoosier bat was with the Indians.

Bobby

kellsox
04-06-2010, 06:53 AM

Bobby
It was recently announced that Pedroia signed a deal with New Balance.
Kelly

legaleagle92481
04-06-2010, 08:19 AM
David Wright is back to hitting homeruns and my Mets are undefeated. As are the Pirates. Jason Heyward looks like a beast and Halladay adjusted quick to the NL. April is fun because it is like the first week of the NFL season unpredictable stuff happens then stuff starts to get back to normal. Remember last year how the Jays were in 1st place for awhile then finished 4th? Or the Mets leading their division for a streach? Or the Rangers leading the AL West?

TNTtoys
04-06-2010, 01:02 PM
The Mets and Twins wore new uniforms... The new Twins road uniforms were nothing special. The Mets were attempting to throw a vintage feel into their home jerseys, turning the white into an "off white" (or cream) but IMO, the black drop shadows looked ridiculous on a vintage style jersey.

Vintagedeputy
04-06-2010, 02:37 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0405/mlb_a_obama01_200.jpg

I noticed [the President] threw out the first pitch at the Nationals game and offended the home host team by pulling out some ratty old White Sox hat and wearing that with his Nats jacket. As a Nats fan, I was offended. I also read that the Nats manager was a bit flustered by it as well.

"Obama sported khakis and a Nationals jacket, and when he got to the mound, he donned a cap from his favorite team, the Chicago White Sox (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cha). "Bad touch there," Nationals manager Jim Riggleman said.

LastingsMilledge85
04-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Not a fan of the new Mets cream alternate jerseys, hopefully they won't wear them that often and just stick to the white home uniforms.

kylehess10
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I noticed in the Seattle vs. Oakland game that the bat boys had a game ready bat in their hand for the current batter ready to go in case of a break. Possibly a way to "speed up" the game?

They do that every game for every at-bat. It's nothing new

TNTtoys
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
I noticed [the President] threw out the first pitch at the Nationals game and offended the home host team by pulling out some ratty old White Sox hat and wearing that with his Nats jacket.

Yikes. That reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine sported an Orioles cap while sitting in the owner's box at Yankee Stadium!

2000mvpfan
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
I kinda liked those Minnesota road uni's with the 2-tone cap.
On the other hand,that new 2-tone powder blue/royal blue cap that Kansas City wears with the powder blue alt jerseys is,well,suckish...

Joe

Fnazxc0114
04-07-2010, 02:40 PM
i didnt notice anything new at the rangers game since i was about six hundred feet from home plate lol. It was a good game though

sox83cubs84
04-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I noticed that the White Soxs have stopped giving batboys name and number jerseys (TOM 08) and have added the stock BB instead.

Dave M.
Chicago area

bronx_burner
04-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Being a red soxs fan please dont get upset at me talking about them.But i swear that jorge posada changed helmets during the game.His first at bat i noticed his normal dirty helmet and i even said to my brother "man it's a new season wear a new helmet"And at his next at bat it seemed to be cleaner.I was going to go over the tape to see if he indeed switched helmets.

Perhaps the time you saw a cleaner helmet was later in the game in his at bat vs. Okajima. His right handed batting helmet is considerably cleaner that his left handed batting helmet. I think he typically gets around twice as many left handed ABs in a season. With his catching helmet, he juggles 3 helmets in a given game.

jobathenut
04-08-2010, 07:02 PM
bronx-I am so stubid.:eek: Yeah i forgot that he would have to switched helmets if he swtiched batting from the left anf right.I forgot about that.Thanks for that.
Perhaps the time you saw a cleaner helmet was later in the game in his at bat vs. Okajima. His right handed batting helmet is considerably cleaner that his left handed batting helmet. I think he typically gets around twice as many left handed ABs in a season. With his catching helmet, he juggles 3 helmets in a given game.

sox83cubs84
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
It's a week later, but I see the Milwaukee Brewers are wearing a team 40th Anniversary sleeve patch (right).

Dave M.
Chicago area

MLB_Authentic
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I noticed the Twins are playing outside at home!!

skier14
04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I noticed that the White Soxs have stopped giving batboys name and number jerseys (TOM 08) and have added the stock BB instead.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Well, they cant do they year for jersey number anymore because it wouldn't be right to give the bat boy #10 when most teams do actually have a #10. Because of this many teams are going back to the "BB" or nothing at all on the backs of the jerseys.

LastingsMilledge85
04-12-2010, 09:09 PM
The Brewers have always given their bat boys number 99, and some teams have a player with that number.

gameused
04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I noticed the Twins are playing outside at home!!

Thats a nice baseball stadium, I hope they can play during the late season cold weather.

Anyone see Joe Mauers log cabin getaway? His man cave was impressive!

Bobby

sox83cubs84
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Well, they cant do they year for jersey number anymore because it wouldn't be right to give the bat boy #10 when most teams do actually have a #10. Because of this many teams are going back to the "BB" or nothing at all on the backs of the jerseys.

Makes sense...thanks for the input.:)

Dave M.
Chicago area