PDA

View Full Version : Value of Ruben Tejada memorabilia (Mets SS)

skinsfan0521
04-05-2010, 02:14 PM
So, I'm just wondering what some baseball collectors (prolly Mets collectors) think of the value of Ruben Tejada items? I live near Binghamton, so I get to a decent amount of BMets games and last year I got one of Tejada's bats he cracked after the game. The next day, I had him sign it. So, it's a game used (cracked) autographed Ruben Tejada bat. Any ideas what it might be worth?

I understand that it's not worth a lot, I was just looking for a ballpark guess. I'm not interested in selling it (unless of course somebody offered me a lot of money for it lol), but I'm just wondering.

Supposedly, he's going to be sent back down (not sure if back to AA or not) once Reyes comes back, so I'd prolly like to pick up some other stuff of his too (maybe a hat, batting glove, etc). So, I'm just wondering what the values of these things may be too? Again, I'm not interested in selling them. I'm not even a baseball collector, but I like to collect local memorabilia for my own collection.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I'd appreciate any information/opinions you may have!

-Brian

nationals2k9
04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
$28

skinsfan0521
04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Is that for real or are you just throwing out random numbers?

Lokee
04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
He is pretty on point with his numbers.

skinsfan0521
04-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Ok, that's fine. I just wasn't sure since it just seemed like a random number.

Thanks!

-Brian

nationals2k9
04-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Is that for real or are you just throwing out random numbers?

It was partially just to provide you with some sort of answer since no one else had said anything and partially about what I'd estimate. If guys like Cristian Guzman and Ronnie Belliard and the 50 other guys a lot like those two can only fetch $30-40 for a g/u bat, I'd say this guy needs to be a hair below that for now. But if you play up the signature and his ST stats and find a big Mets fan, maybe not.

skinsfan0521
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Cool, I really appreciate the opinion!

Thanks again!

legaleagle92481
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
it is a loaded question. the guy is a temporary callup who once reyes is healthy is blocked at his position for the forseeable future. maybe they move him to second to replace castillo later on this season or next year or trade him to a team where he can play short or maybe he ends up alternating between the minors, the big league bench and spot action. if he goes to another team or replaces castillo maybe he bolsoms into an above average player. the fact is noone is sure of what he will become the same it is with any other prospect. a decade ago what was pujols stuff valued at before he made the majors? not very much but today it is worth 1,000s. now i am not saying he will be pujols or even an allstar or even in the big leagues two years from now all i am saying is that since he is young and unproven you cannot properly value his stuff at this time. yeah if you sold it maybe you would only get 25-35 bucks for it because people are reluctant to invest much in someone like him but my advice is hold on to it see how he pans out and in a year or two you will have a much better idea of where you stand.

skinsfan0521
04-06-2010, 08:24 PM
it is a loaded question. the guy is a temporary callup who once reyes is healthy is blocked at his position for the forseeable future. maybe they move him to second to replace castillo later on this season or next year or trade him to a team where he can play short or maybe he ends up alternating between the minors, the big league bench and spot action. if he goes to another team or replaces castillo maybe he bolsoms into an above average player. the fact is noone is sure of what he will become the same it is with any other prospect. a decade ago what was pujols stuff valued at before he made the majors? not very much but today it is worth 1,000s. now i am not saying he will be pujols or even an allstar or even in the big leagues two years from now all i am saying is that since he is young and unproven you cannot properly value his stuff at this time. yeah if you sold it maybe you would only get 25-35 bucks for it because people are reluctant to invest much in someone like him but my advice is hold on to it see how he pans out and in a year or two you will have a much better idea of where you stand.
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

As for the last part about holding onto it... that's really what my plan is anyway, I was just wondering what it may be worth. Like I said earlier, I really like to collect "local" items, so I'm not planning on getting rid of the bat... especially since I got it from him and had him sign it and all. If I bought it, I'd be more interested in moving it, but since I got it myself, I'd rather just keep it for only $30.

Titans74
09-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm looking for R. Tejada game used stuff. Prefer MLB but will consider certain milb items.