PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Adam Vinatieri Jersey in American Memorabilia Auction

hockeytigers
04-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Just wondering if this tag looks looks like a retail tag to anyone or not? The auction says it comes with a COA from Adam Vinatieri. Doesn't say anything about a year tag. Are there any Pats collectors out there with any knowledge on jerseys. His newer jerseys have a trimmed bottom and the jerseys I have are all size 46.

Thanks!!

sox83cubs84
04-05-2010, 06:08 PM
The design of the tail Reeboktag is not consistent with gamers I have seen from any NFL team.

Dave M.
Chicago area

TriplexXxSports
04-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah, that's a retail tag.

jgoldstein2000
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
If that's true that is ridiculous.

hockeytigers
04-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I thought it was a retail tag...that's why I asked.

Does this mean that this auction house does not know the difference between a retail tagged jersey and a game worn jersey? Or was Adam Vinatieri wearing retail jerseys and selling them...doubt it. Or is there a scam going on here...

They have turf shoes on auction as well...I'm sure those aren't good either.

If that's true that is ridiculous.

TriplexXxSports
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I thought it was a retail tag...that's why I asked.

Does this mean that this auction house does not know the difference between a retail tagged jersey and a game worn jersey? Or was Adam Vinatieri wearing retail jerseys and selling them...doubt it. Or is there a scam going on here...

They have turf shoes on auction as well...I'm sure those aren't good either.

AMI allows their consignors to make their own listings. AMI is not responsible for the content of the listing - just collect the 20% consignor fee if the item sells.

My guess is that the consignor of this item used a COA from another jersey to authenticate this retail jersey. The team would have never supplied retail jerseys for the team to wear. EVER.

prosvr1
04-05-2010, 10:40 PM
To all who are concerned about the Adam Vinatieri Jersey and cleats on American Memorabilia.
And just so no one, starts with, this guy works for American, I'm only selling items to get my money back that they owe me.

I can assure you 100% that these items came directly from Adam Vinatieri Authentics, They have never been out of my hands since they were purchased. I also have a blue jersey as well, that was purchased from an auction hosted by Vinatieri, And this jersey has the same tagging.
The holograms have never been touched, and all 3 pieces came with letters, signed by both Vinatieri and George Bowen.

I would find it hard to believe that he would sell a jersey directly to the public, with a signed letter that he didn't really wear.
This is what he was wearing and them selling to the public, from his web site.

I have looked at many of my autographed authentic jerseys, since this began and have not found any that have the numbers sewn on like these jerseys do. Very heavy material, added to the inside of number.

If you can't trust getting it straight from the player, who do you trust.
file:///C:/Users/Tim%20Hooper/Desktop/img_0109.jpg

If interested in more photos email prosvr1@tds.net

hockeytigers
04-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the explanation...

I have only heard of retail jerseys being used in a game in the case that a jersey was stolen or missing and the equipment manager had to find a jersey to replace it...usually when they are on the road. By you saying that you have a blue jersey as well, tells me that this is not the case.

I have a hard time believing that Adam was wearing retail jerseys and selling them or giving them away to auction houses. A player, especially of his status, can order multiple jerseys and pay for them. Why would he buy retail jerseys and not the real thing?

I have over 50 punter/kicker jerseys and follow this market pretty close. I have had 2 Vinatieri jerseys and both were a size 46. This is a 48.

I think this was an authentic retail jersey that was signed...

TriplexXxSports
04-06-2010, 06:32 AM
To all who are concerned about the Adam Vinatieri Jersey and cleats on American Memorabilia.
And just so no one, starts with, this guy works for American, I'm only selling items to get my money back that they owe me.

I can assure you 100% that these items came directly from Adam Vinatieri Authentics, They have never been out of my hands since they were purchased. I also have a blue jersey as well, that was purchased from an auction hosted by Vinatieri, And this jersey has the same tagging.
The holograms have never been touched, and all 3 pieces came with letters, signed by both Vinatieri and George Bowen.

I would find it hard to believe that he would sell a jersey directly to the public, with a signed letter that he didn't really wear.
This is what he was wearing and them selling to the public, from his web site.

I have looked at many of my autographed authentic jerseys, since this began and have not found any that have the numbers sewn on like these jerseys do. Very heavy material, added to the inside of number.

If you can't trust getting it straight from the player, who do you trust.
file:///C:/Users/Tim%20Hooper/Desktop/img_0109.jpg

If interested in more photos email prosvr1@tds.net

I would like to see pictures of the number stitching with the jersey turned inside out, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, a picture of the neckline from the inside of the jersey.

TriplexXxSports
04-06-2010, 06:37 AM
I think this was an authentic retail jersey that was signed...

You are exactly right. I have jerseys from 2000 - 2009 and not one single one of them has this tag. However, all of my authentic jerseys that I have had signed, ALL have this tag.

TriplexXxSports
04-06-2010, 07:38 AM

Did you personally buy these jerseys direct from AVA? Or did you buy them from the 2nd hand market (auction house, eBay, etc.) from someone who said 'they' got them from AVA?

prosvr1
04-06-2010, 12:27 PM
After speaking with Matt, I have contacted American and asked them to remove the jersey from there auction, there are to many unanswered questions about this jersey.
Even with the letters and AV Hologram, this jersey appears to be an authentic retail jersey.
I'm in the process of contacting AVA / Bowen promotions to find out, how this could happen, and if there was a chance, Vinatieri, ever wore this style jersey.to be sold to the public.

jgoldstein2000
04-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Nicely done Tim.

hockeytigers
09-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Well, this retail jersey did not sit in the closet long...back for sale in the AMI auction that ended last night. This time the jersey had more information with it...used on 12/12/2004.

The only problem is that the jersey is still a retail jersey.

Look at the blue elastic on the sleeves of the jersey in the auction and compare that to images from the game on 12/12/2004. I also think the front number is smaller on the retail jersey. Adam also wears a size 46 and this is a 48.

suave1477
09-17-2010, 03:14 PM
I am just going by the pics provided or maybe I am missing it.

But the Jersey in the picture provided from the auction only shows a #4 on one shoulder.

The pics provided by the meber here from Getty show a #4 on both shoulders.

Does anyone else see this?

trsent
09-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I am just going by the pics provided or maybe I am missing it.

But the Jersey in the picture provided from the auction only shows a #4 on one shoulder.

The pics provided by the meber here from Getty show a #4 on both shoulders.

Does anyone else see this?

Great catch!

hockeytigers
09-17-2010, 04:27 PM
It is the way the jersey is displayed...here is another picture from the auction of the back side of the jersey

trsent
09-17-2010, 11:09 PM
It is the way the jersey is displayed...here is another picture from the auction of the back side of the jersey

That jersey has 4's on each shoulder!

TriplexXxSports
09-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Look at the color of the sleeve ends....I mean.....mingya, RETAIL! I don't care what the signature says, or the COA, or the seller.

TriplexXxSports
09-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Look at the color of the sleeve ends...

Compare them to the game photo...(I meant to say)

trsent
09-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Compare them to the game photo...(I meant to say)

I think you need to say look at the location of the colors on the sleeves as they are way off from the game photos. Colors from a picture in an auction compared to a picture from Getty are never the same due to lighting.

TriplexXxSports
09-18-2010, 12:55 PM
No. The cuffed ends on the sleeves on the auction jersey are blue. In the game photo they are white. That is the comparison I was referring to.

trsent
09-18-2010, 08:49 PM
No. The cuffed ends on the sleeves on the auction jersey are blue. In the game photo they are white. That is the comparison I was referring to.

Cool, the space between the 4 on the shoulders is also much, much different.

perlman9
09-19-2010, 07:55 AM
from someone who has been burnt like this and reading the explanation from the seller of the hologram stating it being authentic signed, I think it is pretty clear the "Game Used" was added later and both jerseys were bought from Adam as signed jerseys with authentication and the seller added Game used in silver ink pen. That is my two cents and I bet the hologram speaks nothing to game used but only to being signed...

trsent
09-19-2010, 03:49 PM
from someone who has been burnt like this and reading the explanation from the seller of the hologram stating it being authentic signed, I think it is pretty clear the "Game Used" was added later and both jerseys were bought from Adam as signed jerseys with authentication and the seller added Game used in silver ink pen. That is my two cents and I bet the hologram speaks nothing to game used but only to being signed...

I would be surprised if anyone can prove your theory correct. There is no proof that Adam didn't write this inscription other than your blind guess.

There is something wrong with this item as we have seen many players over the years inscribe an item with a game used inscription that was not game used.

Mulligans
09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
AMI pulled it when they learned it was a fake.

legaleagle92481
09-20-2010, 03:10 PM
I would be surprised if anyone can prove your theory correct. There is no proof that Adam didn't write this inscription other than your blind guess.

There is something wrong with this item as we have seen many players over the years inscribe an item with a game used inscription that was not game used.

Very true. A few years ago there were fake Favre gamers on the market (it was reported by SCD) that had the Farve three step hologramed signature of Brett himself complete with GU inscription to a specfic game. And those sold for much more than these.

trsent
09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Very true. A few years ago there were fake Favre gamers on the market (it was reported by SCD) that had the Farve three step hologramed signature of Brett himself complete with GU inscription to a specfic game. And those sold for much more than these.

I remember that. Didn't Chris Nerat write an incredible, ground breaking article that he was to continue but then he left SCD and never finished it? Prior to that job he worked for AMI, then he went to MEARS, left MEARS, came back to MEARS and now works for HAG?

He likes to work for companies with initials for their names. I wish he would have finished that investigation.