PDA

View Full Version : Game Used, But Not Played

jetersbatboy
03-31-2010, 01:21 AM
I am really Interested in this jersey up for auction. But something troubled me about this jersey. Here is the MLB holo#BB 931091

Hologram number BB931091 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
Session Product Description:
Session Name: NEW YORK YANKEES AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: March 31, 2008
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: SPRING TRAINING #2 JETER

According to MLB.com the game was PPD and not played March , 31 2008 VS TOR PPD

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=nyy&m=3&y=2008

Does anyone know if the game was partially played, and did not meet the innings to qualify as a game?

joelsabi
03-31-2010, 01:59 AM
I am really Interested in this jersey up for auction. But something troubled me about this jersey. Here is the MLB holo#BB 931091

Hologram number BB931091 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
Session Product Description:
Session Name: NEW YORK YANKEES AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: March 31, 2008
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: SPRING TRAINING #2 JETER

According to MLB.com the game was PPD and not played March , 31 2008 VS TOR PPD

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=nyy&m=3&y=2008

Does anyone know if the game was partially played, and did not meet the innings to qualify as a game?

Session date is the day the uniforms were collected and hologramed. So I am thinking it was collected on March 31 as ST was over and Opening Day was the following day. I would try to photomatch from other ST games if thats even possible. I noticed that the previous collection was from the Virginia Tech exhibit game on March 18.

TNTtoys
03-31-2010, 10:37 AM
I concur with Joel... and I speak from experience. I let a good jersey go for the same reason in the past and regret it.

My jersey was a "turn back the clock" jersey... The MLB session date was coincidentally a game that the player in question did not play; however, what I did not know at the time was that the team wore them for the entire weekend, not just the day they were documented. Long story short... although my player sat out game 3, he played in games 1 and 2, and played well. My loss... lesson learned!