PDA

View Full Version : Photomatch help

JasonBanz
03-30-2010, 09:29 PM
I doubt I'll get very far but I was wondering if anyone else had any other means of photomatching besides Getty. I'm trying to photomatch my Jay Fiedler jersey which was worn in 2001, 2002, or even possibly 2003. I'm giving the 2001 possibility because the jersey was tagged for 01 and you can still see the original nfl shield under the nfl equipment shield. So I thought maybe it could have been used in 01 and witht he repair they went ahead and sewn on a equipment shield in case they decided to use it for the next season, maybe in the preseason. My best guess would be that it was used in 2002. I threw 2003 out there but I think that is a long shot even though teams have been known to use jerseys a few years after they were made. I'm also looking at the position of the nfl equipment shield. Its off-centered a little bit and thought even if I could find a picture of an off centered shield, I could get a lead and purchase video of that game to see whatI can find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

skinsfan0521
03-31-2010, 01:36 PM
I looked around on WireImage, Getty & PhotoShelter, but didn't really see anything. The closest thing that I saw was maybe the game @ Chiefs 10/19/02. The shield looks to be a bit off-center and the spacing between the top of the 9 and the "Dolphins" looks to match up. In the other games, it looks like the Dolphins is closer to the 9 and in that Chiefs game, it looks to be further apart.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but that's all I've got for ya. haha

slats7
03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1003/nfl.star.qbs.with.mid-career.team.changes/images/sonny-jurgensen.jpg

The CNNSI photo on the left is from an archive called Focus on Sport, but I can't find their URL address anywhere. Anyone heard of them?

JasonBanz
03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
I looked around on WireImage, Getty & PhotoShelter, but didn't really see anything. The closest thing that I saw was maybe the game @ Chiefs 10/19/02. The shield looks to be a bit off-center and the spacing between the top of the 9 and the "Dolphins" looks to match up. In the other games, it looks like the Dolphins is closer to the 9 and in that Chiefs game, it looks to be further apart.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but that's all I've got for ya. haha

Thanks! Thats one thing I looked at too. The wear from washing in the repair proves it was game worn. Now I'm just looking for a decent photomatch for it.