PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to A's Fanfest/Tailgate???

staindsox
03-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Drop me an email if you're going. I have a want list and it would be a fast and easy way to make some good money.

Thanks!

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

Manram
03-24-2010, 04:12 PM
I am very mad....... looks like i can not go this year

momen55
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
i would like to know too. i am interested in one of those throwback helmets they wore i believe it was last year; the yellow ones. one for a lefty batter or a catcher's style helmet would do.
whomever is going, please drop me an email oldz70@yahoo.com (oldz70@yahoo.com) so i can give you my number so you can tell me what is available. :)

2000mvpfan
03-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Same here-Id be interested in seeing if the A's had any Giambi jerseys,nameplates,or black alt caps or helmets from '09.I can be reached at baldgannon@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Joe

bigtime59
03-24-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm looking for a black alternate jersey: first choice would be a #59 Edgar Gonzalez, after that I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive.
If a Gonzalez #59 green turns up, I'd be interested in that as well.
Contact info is below.
Thanks!

pietraynor
03-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Finders fee paid for any #16 Jay Payton Home or Alt Jersey (have his road jerseys) or batting helmet. Thanks in advance, Jay.
ldonalds@columbus.rr.com

STLStuff
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I'd be interested in any Jay Marshall #52 items that are available. Please e-mail me at ecktrading@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Jeff

dnrapp
03-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Drop me an email if you're going. I have a want list and it would be a fast and easy way to make some good money.

Thanks!

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

I am planning on going, since I have tickets to the game that follows. After last years near give away prices, there wasn't that much left at the end. Since I pass by the stadium every day and the event will be in the parking lot. I may drop in on Friday afternoon to look into buying some tickets to future games. I should be able to get the lay of the land while i ma there. What style of Hannahan jerseys are you looking for?

dnrapp
03-25-2010, 11:52 PM
I helped a few people out last year. I see no reason why I can't do it again this year. you can send my your wish lists with $ amounts you are looking to spend and I will see what I can do. My email is my member name at AOL.com.

randyjbeck
03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
I would be interested in obtaining one jersey from anyone on this list.
Daric Barton
Matt Holliday
Adam Kennedy
Clayton Mortensen (could use a few of his)
Russ Springer
Kiko Celero
Dan Haren

my email is randy@stlbeck.com

athletics61
03-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I helped a few people out last year. I see no reason why I can't do it again this year. you can send my your wish lists with $ amounts you are looking to spend and I will see what I can do. My email is my member name at AOL.com.

Email sent

Don

staindsox
04-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Just thought I would bump this since it is tomorrow. I am looking for a few Jack Hannahan things. I am looking for a home (cool base), grey (regular), and green (cool base) jersey. I know they sold for $60 last year, but I would be willing to go $200 each on these.

Just in case they have anything else, I would go $500-600 on the 1939 TBTC Oaks Hannahan jersey (#22) if it is there and $300 for his black helmet or $150 for a home.

Thanks guys!

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

dnrapp
04-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I just got back from the A's fanfest/Tailgate and game. They did not have as wide a selection this year as they did last year. (only a 2 sided list instead of 4 pages they had last year.) Prices were not bad. Non-stars, coaches and non star players no longer on the A's were $50. Returning regulars atarted at $100 and went uo to $250(Nomar and Holliday included) Most of the jerseys were from 2008 or 09. I did not get there as early as I wanted to but it sounded like it would not have mattered. I first few people out of the tent were carring boxes of unifroms and bats. A few of workers were talking about a couple of $2k purchases early.

A couple of interesting items they had were stacks of line up card, some MLB auth most from 2008-09. Although my sister found one from 2003 signed by manager Art Howe. They were 4 for $10 They also had a table full of game used TBTC 1929 Chicago White Sox pants from last year. Most were non stars and coaches.

For those of you who Emailed me about picking this up. I did get some stuff. I will let you know via email this weekend if I got your stuff or not.

Don

randyjbeck
04-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Man I would have loved to get a Holliday

hippo916
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
The A's Fan Appreciation Tailgate was held in a partitioned outdoor area of the main parking lot between 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Saturday before an A's v. Giants game. The memorabilia sale tent was inside the partitioned area. So, in order to reach the memorabilia sale, fans had to stand in the tailgate line, and once inside, the memorabilia sale line. When I arrived at 9:00 a.m., there were already approximately 1,200 to 1,300 fans in line for the tailgate. Once I reached the memorabilia sale, there were about 20 fans in the tent, and 60 fans in front of me waiting their turn to enter the tent. According to the price list, there were fewer jerseys and equipment than in past years. For example, there was only one Kurt Suzuki jersey, and no Jason Giambi jerseys. Also, there were only a handful of game-used caps and helmets, and no BP jerseys or jackets. The prices were modest for commons -- $50 to $150 -- and names -- $200 to $250. The most expensive jerseys at $250 were Suzuki, Chavez, Garciaparra, Bailey, Duchscherer, Holliday, Ellis, and Sweeney. Of course, given the modest pricing, those were all sold immediately per a Tailgate worker. By the time I got into the tent, a couple Ellis and Sweeney jerseys were all that were left of these higher priced jerseys. I heard the same comment as another forum member that was told by a Tailgate worker that several collectors left with $2,000 purchases. Significantly, the A's no longer issue Certificates of Authenticity. It seems the A's will remain with this format as fans were polled by an A's marketing representative about the Tailgate. We were asked questions like, "How did you learn about the Tailgate?", "What did you think of the autograph system?", "What did you think about the memorabilia sale system?", "Would you come back next year if we had the same format?"

HawaiiSportsNut
04-04-2010, 01:28 PM
If anyone here bought the Kurt Suzuki jersey and wants to sell it please email me. guppies@guppies4me.com

AthleticsFan
04-04-2010, 03:46 PM
If anyone here bought the Kurt Suzuki jersey and wants to sell it please email me. guppies@guppies4me.com

I wish I had known that you had wanted one. They had one green cool base Kurt Suzuki jersey. I actually took a look at it but put it back since I have already have his rookie green cool base jersey.

Just a couple quick note on the memorabilia sale. Garciaparra and Holiday were the first jerseys to go as were the first batch of bats and helmets(not sure what was available there). As with most A's events, the memorablia sale was somewhat disorganized. When the memorabilia sale was held at one of the stores inside the stadium, most of the jerseys were hung up on the wall. This time you had to flip through stacks of jerseys which were somewhat sorted by price.

Yamils
04-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello,

If anyone here bought a jersey used by Henry Rodriguez (#63) and wants to sell it, my email is: yamils2000@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Mets05
04-04-2010, 04:46 PM
AthleticsFan:

If you ever decide to move his rookie jersey, please drop me a line...Kurt played ball at Cal State Fullerton and I am trying to locate some of Kurts' items for donations to be raised...Thanks

Mets05

isimovich at gmail.com

Manram
04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I was not able to attend fanfest this year. I was very mad about this. If you are looking to sell any jerseys, bats, or helmets I would be interested and please send me an email

hippo916
04-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Manny,

For the past day, I'd been bumming about not waking-up earlier to get in line because of the modest prices. But I just received an e-mail from a collector on this forum who said he was in the second group of ten fans allowed into the tent, and the best jersey he got was a Trevor "Bum Shoulder" Cahill. He said the one Suzuki, Hollidays, Garciaparras, Andersons, Crosbys, Bartons, Bucks, and Penningtons were definitely gone within minutes. And the home whites with the OPD patch, and black alternates were especially picked over. So, unless we would have been one of the first few fans into the memorabilia sale, we would be even more bummed that we wasted a probable three-to-four hours in line for a chance to pay $250 for Ryan Sweeney or Mark Ellis.

HawaiiSportsNut
04-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I wish I had known that you had wanted one. They had one green cool base Kurt Suzuki jersey. I actually took a look at it but put it back since I have already have his rookie green cool base jersey.

Just a couple quick note on the memorabilia sale. Garciaparra and Holiday were the first jerseys to go as were the first batch of bats and helmets(not sure what was available there). As with most A's events, the memorablia sale was somewhat disorganized. When the memorabilia sale was held at one of the stores inside the stadium, most of the jerseys were hung up on the wall. This time you had to flip through stacks of jerseys which were somewhat sorted by price.

That's a bummer. Oh well...

Let me know if you ever come across one for sale, or if you want to sell yours.

Thanks,
Rick

Email---> guppies@guppies4me.com

AthleticsFan
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
On Opening Night, the A's had several game used jerseys available at their silent auction. They had a Kurt Suzuki game used black alternate jersey (which I picked up for my personal collection), an Eric Chavez home white cool base jersey with the OPD patch, a Daric Barton road grey jersey and a Justin Duchscherer (if I remember correctly) road grey jersey. In addition, there was a Nick Swisher game used bat from his days with the A's and a number of signed baseballs. With the exception of the Duchscherer jersey, all of the jerseys sold for more than the asking price at the tailgate memorabilia sale.

HawaiiSportsNut & Mets05 - I'll keep you guys in mind if any Suzuki jerseys show up again.

hippo916 - I was one of the first 15 people in (would have been one of the first 10 if not for the mad dash to the tent when people were specifically told to walk) and I only walked away with an Anderson and a Cahill jersey and a couple of bats from the second batch that was brought out and some line-up cards. The Suzuki jersey was probably available for at least the first 20-30 mins. I know where three of the Anderson jerseys and two of the Cahill jerseys ended up and it looks like another Cahill jersey was sold on eBay. As for Buck and Barton, I actually had my hands on both of their jerseys but put them both back as I already have their rookie jerseys. I didn't look for either Crosby or Pennington but I'm surprised they sold so quickly. After the sale, I spoke to one guy who wasn't too far behind me in line and he said the best jersey he picked up was a Crosby.

eric16841
05-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Did you happen to pick up the swisher used bat ? if so is it for sale?

eric16841
05-04-2010, 07:06 AM
On Opening Night, the A's had several game used jerseys available at their silent auction. They had a Kurt Suzuki game used black alternate jersey (which I picked up for my personal collection), an Eric Chavez home white cool base jersey with the OPD patch, a Daric Barton road grey jersey and a Justin Duchscherer (if I remember correctly) road grey jersey. In addition, there was a Nick Swisher game used bat from his days with the A's and a number of signed baseballs. With the exception of the Duchscherer jersey, all of the jerseys sold for more than the asking price at the tailgate memorabilia sale.

HawaiiSportsNut & Mets05 - I'll keep you guys in mind if any Suzuki jerseys show up again.

hippo916 - I was one of the first 15 people in (would have been one of the first 10 if not for the mad dash to the tent when people were specifically told to walk) and I only walked away with an Anderson and a Cahill jersey and a couple of bats from the second batch that was brought out and some line-up cards. The Suzuki jersey was probably available for at least the first 20-30 mins. I know where three of the Anderson jerseys and two of the Cahill jerseys ended up and it looks like another Cahill jersey was sold on eBay. As for Buck and Barton, I actually had my hands on both of their jerseys but put them both back as I already have their rookie jerseys. I didn't look for either Crosby or Pennington but I'm surprised they sold so quickly. After the sale, I spoke to one guy who wasn't too far behind me in line and he said the best jersey he picked up was a Crosby.

If you did pick it up please email me at Eric16841@aol.com and let me know if you picked up the swisher bat and if its for sale