PDA

View Full Version : Mlb Hologram Description Changes Overnight

ballhawknet
03-23-2010, 05:44 PM
OK , I think im going nuts . I double checked triple checked....and it happened. I cant prove it ...YET . But somehow a 5 year old description
changed overnight , from "Jason Bay home run " baseball to " game used.
:eek:

MR 495804 is the mlb hologram number .

And the other interesting part of the story , the person who sold it to me was actually the player / bullpen catcher who caught it . And he also knows , obviously , what it is ...um ..was.

I will keep you all updated .

mfsquirrelmaster
03-25-2010, 03:26 AM
I have a Mariano Rivera spring training jersey. That is at least what the Steiner letter says. I can't remember what the MLB hologram said when I tried looking it up. I think it was either unlisted at the time or said game worn spring training. A couple of months ago it said game worn batting practice jersey.

ballhawknet
03-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Taking a little longer to get an answer due to my sending them a five digit hologram # instead of the whole 6 . But as of today they are on the case :)

"We will look into this. Please note that this is a Deloitte hologram so getting information from them may take longer than usual, we are also going to check the system for an electronic trail of any changes made" - MLB authentication

I am not sure what a Deloitte hologram is but I am happy to hear that they can track if any changes have been made. I can not wait to hear how this could have happened !

suave1477
03-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Deloitte is the CPA Firm that they use.

It is actually Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.

tigerhidden
03-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Is this the ball you are referring to?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370328254475

tigerhidden
03-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm guessing you are the one who purchased the ball. Before the auction ended I asked why it said only that it was used in the game and this is the response I received.

"It landed in the Pirates bullpen and I was the bullpen coach at the time and had it authenticated after the game. It was taken down by MLB as such but when they entered it on line they just put game used ball. "

ballhawknet
03-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes , that is the ball. And yes it DID say Jason Bay home run not game used.
otherwise I would not have bought it :)

At some point in the auction it changed. I looked it up with a couple days to go in the auction . I AM 100 % POSITIVE on what the description was.

tigerhidden
03-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I looked it up and emailed him on the 3rd. He replied on the 4th. I guess anything is possible, but his email to me said that MLB wrote it down as a hr ball, but that it was entered as a game used ball. His email didn't say anything about it every being entered as a hr ball in the MLB database, or that it had somehow been changed.

Chris
goastros@verizon.net

ballhawknet
03-29-2010, 10:08 PM
I looked it up and emailed him on the 3rd. He replied on the 4th. I guess anything is possible, but his email to me said that MLB wrote it down as a hr ball, but that it was entered as a game used ball. His email didn't say anything about it every being entered as a hr ball in the MLB database, or that it had somehow been changed.

Chris
goastros@verizon.net

I agree that it seems very weird and unlikely that it was changed when it did . OR , and I hate to admit it , that there is a possibility that after reading the auction and talking to him , that somehow my subconscious
tricked me into seeing something that wasn't there :eek:

Ive seen descriptions change many times , but the odds of that happening
when it did just doesn't make logical sense anymore. I might be leaning to my first post in this thread that I am going nuts :confused:

I can only hope now that given the fact that a uniformed person caught the ball and had it tagged , that maybe he can help fix the
mistake in the description.