PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Cardinals Fans question

AWA85
03-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Plan on making a weekend trip to the STL for a few Reds games, and was curious if anyone knew which hotel the players from the visiting team stay at? Guessing it is close to the stadium and wanted to see if maybe I can wind up at the same place.

Thanks for the help!

bigtruck260
03-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Plan on making a weekend trip to the STL for a few Reds games, and was curious if anyone knew which hotel the players from the visiting team stay at? Guessing it is close to the stadium and wanted to see if maybe I can wind up at the same place.

Thanks for the help!

The Cards have stayed at the Westin, which is about 30 yards from the stadium...to be honest, I've never paid attention to where the visiting team stays - Tyler Flota probably knows, I think he's a grapher...

stlbats
03-20-2010, 11:42 PM
I havent tried for autos in a few years, but the visiting teams used to stay in a few different hotels. Some stay at the Westin, some at the Hyatt (this is where the All Star teams stayed), both of these pretty much across the street from Busch. Some teams used to stay at Union Station as well (5 or 6 blocks from Busch). Some teams stay out in Clayton at the Ritz. Clayton is about 30 mins from downtown.

Hope this helps a little. I would guess the Westin or Hyatt would be your best shot. If you get there early enough- 5 or 6 hrs before game time, I'm sure the regulars out there will know.

Jason

AWA85
03-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a little more of a challenge then I expected, was hoping to stay at the same one as the team with a game used item or two. If anyone has anymore details let me know.

Thanks for the tips so far!

70to66
03-21-2010, 04:05 PM
If it is the westin forget about trying for autographs, the security there is rude and do not care if you are staying there or not. They hate autographers.

Call the reds and tell them you are a fan and like to stay in the same hotel,
some teams will tell you where they stay. Hope this helps.
70to66

slambam
03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure when this was last updated or how accurate it is so take it for what it's worth, but it says St. Louis Hyatt Union Station.

http://travel.ballparksofbaseball.com/nlcentralhotels.htm

flota89
03-22-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm almost certain its the Westin. I will be there for some Reds games this year, so if it's before you go, I can let you know forsure.