PDA

View Full Version : Reason for thread deletion?

Trublubrucru
03-18-2010, 07:48 PM
About ten minutes ago I was reading a thread about obtaining info about a New Jersey collector. Any reason?

joelsabi
03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
About ten minutes ago I was reading a thread about obtaining info about a New Jersey collector. Any reason?

The post was against Rule #4 of the GUU Forum.

4. No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.

SkubeBats
03-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Joel,
You state that no one can post on here to promote any websites or dealers. Then WHY in the heck can people make post on here that are like the following. (Who has had good luck dealing with company AA or BB or CC? Then everyone puts there two cents in how they delt with them. When they praze the company or dealer it's promoting their buisness isn't it????)Why aren't those post removed then?? Please expalin that one for all of us....

metsbats
03-18-2010, 08:50 PM
"No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe."

Jamie,

The intent of the type of post you are describing is not primarily to promote or advertise that entity or website but to gather experience in dealing with that entity. The promotion is not being done by the entity itself therefore it is not self serving, but it does receive the benefit of any praise and conversely any negative reports.

Hope this helps.

joelsabi
03-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Joel,
You state that no one can post on here to promote any websites or dealers. Then WHY in the heck can people make post on here that are like the following. (Who has had good luck dealing with company AA or BB or CC? Then everyone puts there two cents in how they delt with them. When they praze the company or dealer it's promoting their buisness isn't it????)Why aren't those post removed then?? Please expalin that one for all of us....

All I did was state the rule that was broken. Based on our discussion with the other Mods, it was decided that we would delete that thread.

In my own opinion, there is a difference between recommending a dealer AA or BB or CC from a past positive transaction versus promoting a collection that is presently available.

There was a recent thread where a member had a good experience from a friend they had bought from. The member had such a nice experience that he offered to assist in getting that friend's inventory list out to other members. Eventually it was discovered that the friend was a major dealer and that the thread was against the forum rules.

So there are limitations in what you can say when recommending company AA or BB or CC.

Hope that clarify things. If not please use the email system for further questions to the Mods.

jobathenut
03-19-2010, 12:06 AM
I was just about to ask the same thing.But also how about the members that have thier websites in thier post.Isn't that advertising? And to the fact that when someone asked about so and so.What's stopping someone from that company or seller from asking that question knowing that people will be talking about them.And they can act like they don't know who they are.I mean you don't know if they run the site or if they are from the site they are asking about.People are tricky and can get around things like that.Its knid of like on the auction thread.You could make a posting asking about a item when it's your item.And this way you are getting people to know about your item.But you are diguisning it as someone just asking about the item.I mean unless you know the members ebay name they can do it.So they are not breaking the rules.
Joel,

sportscentury
03-19-2010, 05:37 AM
Wow. Can't believe the complaining here. The new Mods have taken over management of GUU out of selflessness and an interest in contributing positively to the hobby. They are getting nothing for their efforts - zilch. The difference in GUU from before they took over to now is night and day in terms of improvement. They have banned multiple frauds and chronic rule violators and have reinstored accountability for GUU members. If someone has broken an established GUU rule and therefore had his thread edited or deleted, this is the way it should be. Just because this wasn't being done for many months doesn't mean it shouldn't have been. Yesterday, I posted a note about American Memorabilia that was deleted within minutes. I used the appropriate "Contact Forum Moderator" portal to inquire as to why my post was deleted. The Mods pointed out to me that my post violated a GUU rule. I then apologized, thanked them, and promised it would not happen again. After realizing that my post had violated a GUU rule, I was actually glad that they had deleted it because it reminded me of how much better GUU is now. My suggestion is that we support and help the new Mods, not make their job more challenging and distasteful than it has to be.

SkubeBats
03-19-2010, 05:47 AM
The new mods might have changed a few things so far but they have a lot of work a head of them. It will take a long time to bring this site back to what it use to be. I don't care how many mods you have there will always be some kind of complaining being done. If you removed the post on the 300 bats for sale maybe you mods should look over all the sections and delete all the post with website included in people posts. I think their is one on this page about Dave M. doing authentication and he even gives prices to how much he will charge per item he looks at. I believe that these post are against forum rules but it's still on here for everyone to see. WHY IS THAT?????

metsbats
03-19-2010, 06:04 AM
The new mods might have changed a few things so far but they have a lot of work a head of them. It will take a long time to bring this site back to what it use to be. I don't care how many mods you have there will always be some kind of complaining being done. If you removed the post on the 300 bats for sale maybe you mods should look over all the sections and delete all the post with website included in people posts. I think their is one on this page about Dave M. doing authentication and he even gives prices to how much he will charge per item he looks at. I believe that these post are against forum rules but it's still on here for everyone to see. WHY IS THAT?????

Jamie,

Report that post to us. We may not have see that one yet.

We are closing this thread. Please use "contact Forum Moderator" for any subsequent discussions regarding this subject.