PDA

View Full Version : What auto'd jersey would you rather have?

advan24r
03-15-2010, 01:13 PM
A. Game Used Throw Back the Clock Autographed Jersey (w/COA from the Oakland A's)

B. Replica Oakland Atheletics Autographed Jersey (COA from the sports memorabilia store but has been authenticated through PSA/DNA quick opinion service)

The player: Rickey Henderson

He has been a child hood hero and I think I can finally obtain one.

TNTtoys
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't think you'll seriously find too many people out there who would turn down a game used jersey of a hall of fame caliber player ($1000-2000) only to buy a cheap replica ($100-200).

legaleagle92481
03-15-2010, 01:39 PM
A. Game Used Throw Back the Clock Autographed Jersey (w/COA from the Oakland A's)

B. Replica Oakland Atheletics Autographed Jersey (COA from the sports memorabilia store but has been authenticated through PSA/DNA quick opinion service)

The player: Rickey Henderson

He has been a child hood hero and I think I can finally obtain one.

Congrats. And I agree with Nick (TNTtoys) doubt many people would opt for the replicia if they had the choice. But with the price difference the replicia is the best many people could do in today's economy.

skinsfan0521
03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why you're even posing the question on the "Game Used Forum"? haha

I'm sure that you won't find a person who would rather have the replica auto.

Good luck, I hope you get the game used!

-Brian

David
03-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Clearly A is the better item, but I assume they won't be priced the same at sale-- and price/value would be a consideration at purchase time.

I'd also be interested to know the name of the memorabilia store. If it's a known and reputable place, or even better had in in store signing, that would be great. Obviously the PSA Quick Opinion is used helps back up the store's COA-- and I think PSA's Quick Opinions are overall reliable (if quick and dirty).

sportscentury
03-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Clearly you are talking about Danny's Rickey Henderson game worn throwback on eBay. You might say that I know a bit about Rickey Henderson uniforms/equipment (had one of the biggest collections in the world at one point) ... let me tell you that Danny's jersey is an absolute killer, at a very reasonable price. Good luck.

advan24r
03-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Clearly you are talking about Danny's Rickey Henderson game worn throwback on eBay. You might say that I know a bit about Rickey Henderson uniforms/equipment (had one of the biggest collections in the world at one point) ... let me tell you that Danny's jersey is an absolute killer, at a very reasonable price. Good luck.

You are absolutely right! I ended up choosing option A and got one hell of a deal (atleast AFTER the FACT Rickey got into the HOF..before, weren't Rickey auto items so much cheaper?!?) Also w/the BING CASH BACK, made it even more worthwhile.

The whole reason why I had this dilemma in the first place was it didn't say HENDERSON on the Jersey like the rest of my jerseys that I have framed so people usually don't know or can't read the signature. But being it game used, this is my first piece of actually owning something game used. I am very excited, something that my child hood star has actually touched =P

sportscentury
03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
You are absolutely right! I ended up choosing option A and got one hell of a deal (atleast AFTER the FACT Rickey got into the HOF..before, weren't Rickey auto items so much cheaper?!?) Also w/the BING CASH BACK, made it even more worthwhile.

The whole reason why I had this dilemma in the first place was it didn't say HENDERSON on the Jersey like the rest of my jerseys that I have framed so people usually don't know or can't read the signature. But being it game used, this is my first piece of actually owning something game used. I am very excited, something that my child hood star has actually touched =P

This was your first game used acquisition? Congrats - a terrific way to start things off. That's a great shirt.

advan24r
03-15-2010, 06:08 PM
This was your first game used acquisition? Congrats - a terrific way to start things off. That's a great shirt.

Yes sir, it's my first actual game used item besides regular sports cards that have just a slight patch. Other than that, all my full jerseys that I have framed were of the UDA version (replica w/autograph).

jgoldstein2000
03-15-2010, 06:16 PM
If you change your mind I'll buy it from you.

advan24r
03-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Hahaha, that'll be a long shot. Henderson autographed jerseys rarely turn up on ebay especially since he doesn't sign jerseys anymore. To get a game used one vs. a replica is so much more significant since it's part of baseball history.

jgoldstein2000
03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Hahaha, that'll be a long shot. Henderson autographed jerseys rarely turn up on ebay especially since he doesn't sign jerseys anymore. To get a game used one vs. a replica is so much more significant since it's part of baseball history.

Exactly!

advan24r
03-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Exactly!

If you are looking for another auto'd jersey, there is another one on ebay that isn't game used though. It's on a replica white oakland a's jersey. I also had that one PSA/DNA quick opinioned and it came back "LIKELY GENUINE" The original seller was asking for $1195 before he got it framed and changed his auction to $2195. Price is still not bad vs those same jerseys if you were to google them are asking for around $2400+. Just his asking price from $1195 to $2195 for the framing work is kinda ridiculous to me since framing it shouldn't cost $1000 for that type of work IMO.

sportscentury
03-15-2010, 07:44 PM

I have Rickey's primary home Red Sox complete uniform from 2002. Jersey and pants, both signed, both hammered with wear. Guaranteed to photomatch to more home games than any other Rickey Red Sox jersey in existence. Absolutely nothing like the lightly-worn ones that could be found on eBay back in '02. Bought it directly from Rickey/MOS and it comes with with Rickey's hand-signed letters (one for the jersey, one for the pants). Give me a shout if you're interested - rgf2@hotmail.com. One of the finest RH gamers you'll ever see, but I don't really collect baseball any longer. Not looking to make a single cent on it.