PDA

View Full Version : New member from Nashville

Preston
03-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Over the past two months, I've been "prospecting" the board and reading and enjoying the [positive] interaction as well as the extreme sense of knowledge on this board, and finally decided to jump aboard and hope to be an asset and contribute to this very interesting message board.

About me - My name is Preston and I'm from Nashville. I hold a masters in sports administration from Belmont University and undergrad in journalism (also from Belmont), but currently am a P.I. I started collecting actual game used ITEMS a few years ago, starting with getting Titans players' gloves at training camp. It escalated into getting tight with a couple players and getting jerseys as well as purchasing a few jerseys before finding (after much searching) some game worn Memphis tigers basketball jerseys, as well as some shoes worn in the championship game v. Kansas. My seats at the Titans stadium give me a great opportunity to add to my collection with each home game (2nd row by visitors tunnel).

In addition to collecting Tigers basketball game used items and Titans jerseys/gloves/etc, I also enjoy collecting game worn fielding gloves (only have one in my collection--Rafael Furcal--), Ben Johnson game used items (former Mets, Padres and Cardinals OF and personal friend), as well as random game used items - I've got over 150 game worn gloves I've received either at training camp, after a game or doing minor league baseball (batting gloves) and I know exactly who every glove belongs to and the exact date I got them (completely OCD I know...lol). Also I collect cards and have cards valued anything from .10 cents to a couple grand, and love getting mini helmets, baseballs etc signed in person.

anyway, I look forward to contributing to the MB and learning more, and getting to know some other collectors.

chakes89
03-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the board

:)

Aloving77
03-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Good to have another Titans fan on the board. Let me know if any of your Titans stuff is for sale or if you have any exclusive access that you want to share. Make sure you put up some pictures of your collection too.

legaleagle92481
03-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Over the past two months, I've been "prospecting" the board and reading and enjoying the [positive] interaction as well as the extreme sense of knowledge on this board, and finally decided to jump aboard and hope to be an asset and contribute to this very interesting message board.

About me - My name is Preston and I'm from Nashville. I hold a masters in sports administration from Belmont University and undergrad in journalism (also from Belmont), but currently am a P.I. I started collecting actual game used ITEMS a few years ago, starting with getting Titans players' gloves at training camp. It escalated into getting tight with a couple players and getting jerseys as well as purchasing a few jerseys before finding (after much searching) some game worn Memphis tigers basketball jerseys, as well as some shoes worn in the championship game v. Kansas. My seats at the Titans stadium give me a great opportunity to add to my collection with each home game (2nd row by visitors tunnel).

In addition to collecting Tigers basketball game used items and Titans jerseys/gloves/etc, I also enjoy collecting game worn fielding gloves (only have one in my collection--Rafael Furcal--), Ben Johnson game used items (former Mets, Padres and Cardinals OF and personal friend), as well as random game used items - I've got over 150 game worn gloves I've received either at training camp, after a game or doing minor league baseball (batting gloves) and I know exactly who every glove belongs to and the exact date I got them (completely OCD I know...lol). Also I collect cards and have cards valued anything from .10 cents to a couple grand, and love getting mini helmets, baseballs etc signed in person.

anyway, I look forward to contributing to the MB and learning more, and getting to know some other collectors.

Welcome!

allstarsplus
03-15-2010, 11:36 AM

Wow, a Masters in Sports Administration! You may be the first on this board with that background!

sox83cubs84
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Welcome in, my friend,
to the board that never ends,
we're so glad you could attend,
Come Inside, Come Inside!

Dave M.
Chicago area

Preston
03-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys! I plan on getting pics up soon.

@ALoving - I have yet to part with any of my Titans stuff but I will be seeing Kenny Britt this weekend...I've got a card I've got to give him that he wants (Allen & Ginter) and I hope to score some cleats come August @ Training Camp. as far as having Titans connections, mine are sketchy...they'll have a few for me then I won't hear from them for a year. The Titans gamers I have are Cortland Finnegan (rookie year), Daniel Loper, Erron Kinney, Chris Brown (I'm friends with his girlfriend and went to college with her), Quinton Ganther and Billy Volek. All of the above are great guys and I wish Daniel Loper would come back to Nashville.

BTW are you in TN, ALoving? Titans training camp is a LOT of fun (especially if you like over 100 degree weather with little to no shade) :)

xpress34
03-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Welcome in, my friend,
to the board that never ends,
we're so glad you could attend,
Come Inside, Come Inside!

Dave -

VERY Nice!!!!

Preston -

Welcome to GUU... I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here!

All the best -

Chris

Aloving77
03-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks guys! I plan on getting pics up soon.

@ALoving - I have yet to part with any of my Titans stuff but I will be seeing Kenny Britt this weekend...I've got a card I've got to give him that he wants (Allen & Ginter) and I hope to score some cleats come August @ Training Camp. as far as having Titans connections, mine are sketchy...they'll have a few for me then I won't hear from them for a year. The Titans gamers I have are Cortland Finnegan (rookie year), Daniel Loper, Erron Kinney, Chris Brown (I'm friends with his girlfriend and went to college with her), Quinton Ganther and Billy Volek. All of the above are great guys and I wish Daniel Loper would come back to Nashville.

BTW are you in TN, ALoving? Titans training camp is a LOT of fun (especially if you like over 100 degree weather with little to no shade) :)

Right now, I'm in New Orleans for law school, but I'm originally from west Texas so I know a few things about 100 degree weather. Hopefully I'll make it to training camp one of these days. I've heard that they sell jerseys for pretty good prices at training camp, have you ever been to the sale? I usually catch the Titans when they play in Houston. I went to undergrad at Texas Tech when Loper was there, so I met him a couple of times, but I don't have any real connections.

xpress34
03-16-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm originally from west Texas so I know a few things about 100 degree weather. I went to undergrad at Texas Tech...

Get Yer Guns Up!!!

I'm from Garland originally but attended Tech ('83, '85, '87) and then went to UNT in Denton!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/TexasTech.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Caps/TexasTechCap2.jpg

Moved to Denver in '91 and been here ever since!!!

All the best -

Chris

Preston
03-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Most definitely! I go to training camp just about every day they have open practices, and it's definitely a great place if you want a Titans gamer for a great price. For about two weeks they had them cheaper than normal and hopefully they continue to put out some new ones like they usually do. late July cannot come soon enough!