PDA

View Full Version : Selling jerseys in your collection

JasonBanz
03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
I purchased a jersey tonight and in return I am selling my least favorite in my collection. This will be the first time I have ever sold one. Even though its my least favorite, I am still a little upset to get rid of one. Anyone ever feel this way?

jgoldstein2000
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
I purchased a jersey tonight and in return I am selling my least favorite in my collection. This will be the first time I have ever sold one. Even though its my least favorite, I am still a little upset to get rid of one. Anyone ever feel this way?

What did you buy?

ivo610
03-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Ahh sellers remorse. Dont be surprised if you find yourself trying to buy it back.

JasonBanz
03-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Ipurchased a 2002 Jay Fiedler jersey. I have been looking for a QB jersey to add to my collection and this one came at a decent price. I really don't think I'll be trying to buy back the jersey I'm selling. Its a 2003 Billy Yates jersey. I never really cared for him and just bought it because I was going through a buying withdraw one time. It just feels weird to let one go.

legaleagle92481
03-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Yeah I have defintely felt that way but my theory is as long as you are upgrading just focus on that and not what you sold. Noone can own every last jersey and sometimes you have to let a past impulse buy go to get something you will enjoy more.

JasonBanz
03-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Yeah I have defintely felt that way but my theory is as long as you are upgrading just focus on that and not what you sold. Noone can own every last jersey and sometimes you have to let a past impulse buy go to get something you will enjoy more.

Thanks! Definitely a good way to look at it.

TNTtoys
03-15-2010, 01:28 PM
I upgrade all the time, so I am used to selling "expendable" parts of my collection.

The reality is I want a lot of stuff and don't have the money to pay for it all. I find either the least desirable items or the items most similar the ones I am about to buy and sell them off. In the end, I have a better collection for it.

AWA85
03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I am exactly the same as TNT. There are always new things I would like to pick up and while I like to remain selective there are always pieces in my collection that lose a little interest. Many times I take a loss on an item or two if I know that I am moving them to buy an upgrade or something I really wanted.

Unlike some who have never sold an item, I like to rotate my collection and my interests change as players either leave the Reds, begin to fall of statistically or so on. Just another way to improve your collection!

dcgreg25
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Very similar approach here. I just added a bunch of stuff to my collection and forced myself to sell off several items to finance it. In my collection, there are items that have fallen out of my focus or I got as part of a package that are less core to my collection and those are often weeded out when I go on buying sprees. If I have trouble parting with an item, I usually wait a week or two and see if I feel differently.

As I have gotten more into GU collecting, I have sold off multiple lower tier items to buy more expensive items helping me improve the quality and focus of my collection.

jgoldstein2000
03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Very similar approach here. I just added a bunch of stuff to my collection and forced myself to sell off several items to finance it. In my collection, there are items that have fallen out of my focus or I got as part of a package that are less core to my collection and those are often weeded out when I go on buying sprees. If I have trouble parting with an item, I usually wait a week or two and see if I feel differently.

As I have gotten more into GU collecting, I have sold off multiple lower tier items to buy more expensive items helping me improve the quality and focus of my collection.

Greg, please hit me up when you sell more red sox, hanley items.

JasonBanz
03-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys for all your help. I do feel a little better about it now! :D