PDA

View Full Version : Stan Musial Baseball Glove?

Antonio D.
03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
While at the flea market today, I had a chance to buy a 'Stan Musial' 3 finger baseball glove for $5.00. I told the seller to hold it for me but then he sold it to someone else.

However, the baseball glove looked brand new and I was skeptical that it was a replica. I wasn't sure but on the glove I saw the following words:

"Stan Musial"
"RAWLINGS
"Pro League"

And the glove looked kinda small. However, it wasn't dusty at all. It was really cleaned and looked like new. That's why I didn't buy it at first because I wanted to do my research on my iPhone.

Did I let a good opportunity pass by or is this glove most likely a replica? Thoughts anyone? Sorry I can't provide pictures. I didn't bother taking pictures.

Well?

VERIS#60
03-14-2010, 05:48 PM
As we all know in the collecting world, knowledge is the key to everything. I don't know much about the glove you are describing, but even replicas would most likely sell for that much. If you just used it as a display piece in your collection it might be nice.

The way you have to look at it is, it is only $5.00. If you expect it to be worth more and you are wrong, you are not out very much. When I am in situations like that I go ahead and buy and give myself a chance at something good. I bought a group of old baseball bats at a local auction a few years ago for $2.50 a bat. I was really only interested in one of the bats that I did'nt know much about. I said for $2.50 a bat it was worth the chance. The bat ended up being a Cincinnati Reds Estell Crabtree game used bat from around 1930 or so. The bat sold on ebay for $405. I was thrilled, but I gave myself a chance to hit it big. Always give yourself a chance if it is a small amount. I hope this helps! Happy collecting!

David
03-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Agree, you wouldn't be taking much of a risk at $5. A modern replica might be worth more than $5.

entitled_nitwits
03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Is this what the hobby has come to? Guys questioning whether they made a "mistake" over a $5.00 item? If so, we're not in a recession. It's hit a full blown depression.

Are you serious when you even contemplate the chance of the glove being real?

You can't even get a quarter pounder small combo at McDonalds for $5.00 today. Do we need to really discuss this further?

jbsportstuff
03-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Is this what the hobby has come to? Guys questioning whether they made a "mistake" over a $5.00 item? If so, we're not in a recession. It's hit a full blown depression.

Are you serious when you even contemplate the chance of the glove being real?

You can't even get a quarter pounder small combo at McDonalds for $5.00 today. Do we need to really discuss this further?
I agree with you completely...although I'm not surprised.

flota89
03-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Did you ask the seller why he didn't hold it like he said?

flota89
03-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Of course he didn't ask. He submitted this absolute nonsense to see what kind of responses he could get out of friendly members here, for his own misguided pleasure.

I urge you to read the post again. There is no possibility, none, that this was a serious post.

How does anyone end a posting with "Well?" when asking advise? That's something a mother would ask a naughty child who was just busted with his hand in a cookie jar 5 minutes before dinner.

How can anyone breathing air contemplate the possibility of a glove from an old timer, a super-star no less, used or not, and in non-dusty condition by God (huh???) consider a remote possibility of being offered to the public for "$5.00" as letting "a good opportunity pass"?

Are we all going to be duped by such silliness? Please, close this thread mods. This can't be real. Please tell me it can't be real!!!
Yea I have to agree with you. I asked my question more out of sarcasm that anything lol.