PDA

View Full Version : Phil's Bat Help

philsfan
03-10-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=73&lot_num=489

Hunt has a Boone, Hayes and Kruk bat up for auction tonight. Would love to add these to my collection. I need some quick help from any Phililes bat experts out there. Why would Boone write "Rocky" on the knob? Was that typical? Same question for the Kruk bat...why would he write JD? Not his initials. Thanks for the quick work.

David

Dewey2007
03-10-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=73&lot_num=489

Hunt has a Boone, Hayes and Kruk bat up for auction tonight. Would love to add these to my collection. I need some quick help from any Phililes bat experts out there. Why would Boone write "Rocky" on the knob? Was that typical? Same question for the Kruk bat...why would he write JD? Not his initials. Thanks for the quick work.

David

Either Kruk's bat was used by pitchers Jose DeJesus (1990-91) or Jose DeLeon (1992-93) or the JD on Kruk's bat could stand for Jack Daniels which he might have been a fan of back in the day.

philsfan
03-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Either Kruk's bat was used by pitchers Jose DeJesus (1990-91) or Jose DeLeon (1992-93) or the JD on Kruk's bat could stand for Jack Daniels which he might have been a fan of back in the day.

Thanks again Dewey. The Kruk bat is the one I'm really after. Makes me nervous to see JD on one of Kruk's bats. Doesn't make sense. Wouldn't be surprised if someone "borrowed" the bat during the game. Not what I'm looking for. The "Rocky" writing on the Boone bat also isn't a good sign. Thanks again.

David

bigtruck260
03-11-2010, 12:14 PM
If the player characteristics match, and it's obvious that the player whose name on the bat was the primary user...(to me) it's not a big deal on common players if there is something else on the knob - to each his own, and I understand where you are coming from.

Dewey2007
03-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks again Dewey. The Kruk bat is the one I'm really after. Makes me nervous to see JD on one of Kruk's bats. Doesn't make sense. Wouldn't be surprised if someone "borrowed" the bat during the game. Not what I'm looking for. The "Rocky" writing on the Boone bat also isn't a good sign. Thanks again.

David

David,

I see the auction ended last night. Did you end up going for the bats?

Dewey

philsfan
03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
No. I scare easily. I just don't want any questions of authenticity when I buy a bat. Still on the look out for another Kruk bat. Funny, I also noticed that other stuff by a Phillies player with the initals "JD" was up for auction. That really spooked me from the "JD" Kruk bat. The Boone bat did seem to match others I saw, but it was the Kruk bat I was after.

Dewey - any chance you have a Rollin's game used bat you want to unload?

Dewey2007
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
No. I scare easily. I just don't want any questions of authenticity when I buy a bat. Still on the look out for another Kruk bat. Funny, I also noticed that other stuff by a Phillies player with the initals "JD" was up for auction. That really spooked me from the "JD" Kruk bat. The Boone bat did seem to match others I saw, but it was the Kruk bat I was after.

Dewey - any chance you have a Rollin's game used bat you want to unload?

I don't have a Rollins game used bat that I'm looking to sell at this time. I sold the extra one I had awhile back and I only have two others that I'm planning on holding onto since they're two different models. I'll keep an eye out for one though.