PDA

View Full Version : Are these NFL issued/autographed jerseys too good to be true?

RKO18
03-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Hey guys,

I was looking on ebay for the usual game-worn, game-issued, pro-cut jerseys that I usually would, but a few caught my eye that looked almost too good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Calvin-Johnson-Game-Issued-Detriot-Lions-jersey-signed_W0QQitemZ260561597632QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3caaae74c0

Now the seller has solid feedback with the exception of one instance, but the rest seem to have gone really well for some pretty sweet NFL Auction-style items.

Is it just me or are some of these prices, like the Calvin Johnson jersey for instance, too good or am I just a little out of touch with what such items have been going for in the off-season?

34swtns
03-04-2010, 01:56 AM
I believe "ivo610" is a member here.

RKO18
03-04-2010, 02:13 AM
I am most certainly not complaining. The feedback looks great, the items look fantastic, and the asking prices seem even better depending on which jerseys you have interest in.

After my last post, I looked at some recently closed NFL Auctions and the prices some jerseys have gone for have been very reasonable. Perhaps it's due to it being the off-season and perhaps this sellers asking prices aren't that off from what they're going for through NFL Auctions.

skinsfan0521
03-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm sure these jerseys are legit and signed, but they are NOT "game issued" as the seller says. They're the pro-cut (or "authentic" as NFL Auctions calls them) versions. So, they appear to definitely be from NFL Auctions and autographed, but that's different than Game Issued. For example, the Elway that's listed now, says that it's "game issued", but then also says that it was manufactured after his playing days and was used for him to sign and has no neck tagging.

So, these are still reasonable prices for the signed "pro-cut" jerseys, but they're not "game issued"