PDA

View Full Version : 2005 issued matsui yankees jersey

amex46
06-29-2006, 03:00 PM
PSI
is offering this 2005 matsui yankees game issued jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-HIDEKI-MATSUI-NEW-YORK-YANKEES-GAME-ISSUED-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ220002309089QQihZ012QQcategoryZ605 97QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dose the #55 on the back seem to match this 2005 matsui yanks-steiner jersey offered in gfc's past auction? i

BULBUS
06-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Here is a picture of a 2005 Matsui game used jersey from Steiners website:

Here is the one from PSI:

The 55 on the Steiner jerseys spans about 11-12 pinstripes. The 55 on the PSI jersey spans 10 pinstripes.

amex46
06-29-2006, 03:26 PM
good point i was thinking the same thing as well. i wonder if psi (bernie) will see this thread and respond.

suave1477
06-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Well I am playing devils advocate on this one. As far as the jersey stripes you cant really go by that becuz it all depends and how thw mateirial is cut. If its 3 or 4 stripes difference then yes there is an obvious problem but if you look at all the jerseys on Steinersports. some jerseys are about 10 some pretty close or if not are 11 stripes so it depends on how the mateirial is cut.

On the other hand this is a 2005 Matsui Jersey and should have come from Steiner so there should be a letter or at least a hologram on ther jersey from them.

Eric
06-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Amex-

You should be proactive and tell Bernie what your concerns are. You can't sit back and expect him to see the thread.
Eric

Eric
07-07-2006, 10:04 PM
This item just sold for $510. Amex, did you ever get answers to your questions?
Eric

suave1477
07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Eric I have to chime in on this one and i think the sold price can answer all out questions with me saying this. The sold price should have went for a whole lot more!!!

Eric
07-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Not sure what your point is.

You're saying the "low price" suggests people backed off the jersey? (possibly because the numbers don't appear to match Yankees Steiner Matsui jerseys- see below)

BUT if what you're saying is true- this low price is still money being spent ($510, not exactly low) by someone who thinks they're getting a "Game Issued" jersey. Is it truly "Game Issued" if the numbers don't match the 2005 Yankees style?

Eric

suave1477
07-08-2006, 02:12 AM
Not sure what your point is.

You're saying the "low price" suggests people backed off the jersey? (possibly because the numbers don't appear to match Yankees Steiner Matsui jerseys- see below)

BUT if what you're saying is true- this low price is still money being spent ($510, not exactly low) by someone who thinks they're getting a "Game Issued" jersey. Is it truly "Game Issued" if the numbers don't match the 2005 Yankees style?

Eric

Eric what doesnt match as far as the numbers? If you read what i wrote earlier in this thread the numbers are really not that far off from the stripes. If you look at all of Matsuis jerseys the numbers dont match up to the stripes on a few of them. It all depends on how the mateirial is cut. So in all fairness the NUMBER theory is really void. $510 your right is not exactly low for a fake jersey, but an item if it was legit in market value is very low. Espcially with Matsui his items are very rare so there is a huge collecting market out there for his items for even a Game Issued item. This Jersey should have sold for double or close to it.

You have to take in to count 3 collectors on this one.
1) The Baseball memorabilia collectors - collectors who would just like to ass this to there collection
2) The Yankees collectors - collectors who want this item bcuz its of a star Yankee
3) The Asian Market collectors - which speaks for itself

So with an item like this in all fairness should have sold for more.
Or it could have just had bad exposure and not many people knew about it there fore it didnt get many bids.

I am not saying if its real or not all I am saying is for what it sold for to me does say a lot!!!

trsent
07-08-2006, 02:52 AM
What you folks are forgetting is that the Yankee market is dropping every few months. They haven't won in a while, and their items are more available now than they were a few years ago.

The final price for this item was low, but I saw a Jeter sell last week for about 1/4th the price I used to sell similar jerseys for six months ago. These jersey are just not holding their prices due to the fact that the team hasn't won the big one in a few years, and people care about what you can do for me now, not what did you do for me before?