PDA

View Full Version : Canada Wins Hockey Gold!

dirtyla2000
02-28-2010, 06:56 PM
The World Makes Sense Again We Are The Best Hockey Country!total Props To A Really Young U.s Team,especially Ryan Miller. He Is Without A Doubt The Best Goalie In The World.

Manram
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
I wanted the U.S. to win, but you knew in the end Canada would win. And i could not agree with you more about Ryan Miller

sugarpam
02-28-2010, 07:49 PM
What a great game all around for both teams. Of course, I'm not going to deny I was more than pleased by the outcome :)

It's crazy how people have taken to the streets here to celebrate! Go Canada Go!

-Pam

allstarsplus
02-28-2010, 08:04 PM
It will go down as a classic!

Dewey2007
02-28-2010, 08:47 PM
The biggest hockey star in Canada scores the game winning goal for the gold medal in his home country. Doesn't get much better then that.

spartakid
02-28-2010, 09:24 PM
It was without question an awesome game. I'm not going to lie, I was definitely upset that the U.S. couldn't pull it out. I actually lost my voice yelling/cheering after they tied it up with 24 sec. left. Great game though, couldn't have been much better.

sugarpam
02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
It was without question an awesome game. I'm not going to lie, I was definitely upset that the U.S. couldn't pull it out. I actually lost my voice yelling/cheering after they tied it up with 24 sec. left. Great game though, couldn't have been much better.

I almost lost my voice too, except I was cussing, not cheering at that moment :)

-Pam

sox83cubs84
02-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Regardless of who won, that was a game that won't take very long to show up on ESPN Classic.

Dave M.
Chicago area

both-teams-played-hard
02-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Regardless of who won, that was a game that won't take very long to show up on ESPN Classic.

Dave M.
Chicago area
Great game, couldn't help but to root for Canada.
However, it will NEVER be on ESPN Classic...NBC owns the rights!

CampWest
03-01-2010, 01:28 PM
USA 1 loss in tournament to Canada.
Canada 1 loss in tournament to USA.
I guess timing is everything. I won't be disappointed over a silver medal and a hard fought loss.

Sure wish they'd have had to play another game. Seems to me they should have played another game. They finished with the same record and 1-1 head to head.

Oh well. Great game, lots of fun. Now hockey will go back to a minor professional league that gets nowhere near the attention it deserves.

And to think they're talking about this being the last Olympics with NHL players. :mad:

kudu
03-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Awesome game. Definitely lived up to its expectations. Congrats to Canada. Kinda weird how mens and womens hockey medals finished the same: Canada, USA, Finland

As far as both teams having the same record, keep in mind, the USA win was a qualifying game and not a part of the "tournament".

gingi79
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Guess my Roberto Luongo Photomatched jersey just went up in value huh?

Of course I'm just kidding. It's my wife's shirt. Our prenup actually lists it as hers if we divorce. What she doesn't know is we stay married just for that jersey :D