PDA

View Full Version : need your opinion

neverfinished94
02-26-2010, 11:26 PM
i just picked up a Bucs Roy Miller jersey that he wore last season vs the Patriots in London.
i know Roy personally and was wondering what inscriptions i should get on the jersey when i get him to sign it.

"game used"
"10-25-09"
"London"
"vs. Patriots"

should i get all of these, a combination of them or none? im really not sure as this is my 1st game used jersey. what do you guys recommend? thanks in advance

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k279/neverfinished94/roy1.jpg?t=1267244742

Dewey2007
02-26-2010, 11:35 PM
i just picked up a Bucs Roy Miller jersey that he wore last season vs the Patriots in London.
i know Roy personally and was wondering what inscriptions i should get on the jersey when i get him to sign it.

"game used"
"10-25-09"
"London"
"vs. Patriots"

should i get all of these, a combination of them or none? im really not sure as this is my 1st game used jersey. what do you guys recommend? thanks in advance

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k279/neverfinished94/roy1.jpg?t=1267244742

That's a nice looking jersey so I would suggest getting a nice 8x10 signed (if possible) that you could display with it. Or if you want it signed just have him sign one of the back numbers but don't add all of those inscriptions. I think it would detract from the jersey especially since you know it's all of those things.

By the way check your PM's...

neverfinished94
02-27-2010, 09:06 AM
thanks! maybe your right.

anyone else have an opinion??? 78 views and only 1 reply???

worldchamps
02-27-2010, 09:23 AM
i would just get his signature and the date of the game

all the other stuff you can put on a nameplate if you frame it

personally when you get too many inscriptions, i think it junks up the jersey

TNTtoys
02-27-2010, 02:29 PM
My opinion is to leave out the "vs Patriots" inscription. The others all work for me, especially the game used inscription.

I never cared for autographs on my jerseys but recently started going that route. I collect 80s baseball jerseys which were generally worn for the better part of the season back then. I normally have the players sign their name, and then underneath it add "19xx Game Used"

Mulligans
02-27-2010, 04:05 PM
If you need anything at all, I say Name only....Everything else is understood as everyone knows the game, date, GU etc. and it all takes away from the value. If you didn't have the paperwork on it, it would change my thoughts.

I really don't like the signed GU Football Jerseys. All other sports are fine. When a Jersey is dirty and dinged up it always looks like the autograph doesn't belong......Unless of course if the jersey is real clean like a Kickers then thats not as bad.

.....Just my thoughts.