PDA

View Full Version : This make me want to cry...

metsbats
06-28-2006, 08:50 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Tom-Glavine-World-Series-Bat-Signed-by-26-Yankees_W0QQitemZ160002658060QQcategoryZ27261QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Well at least i wasn't sold to a card co and chopped up for cards!

-David

skipcareyisfat
06-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Should be burned immediately.

suave1477
06-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Ok guys this is going to be a dumb question but ill ask anyway what is it you dont like about this item?

I think I know the problem you guys are having but before I assume i rather ask?

metsbats
06-28-2006, 10:25 PM
This 1996 World Series Tom Glavine World series bat is signed by the 1996 Yankee team.:eek:

I've seen WS game bats signed by the team that the players bats is from (ie. 1986 Gary Carter WS bat signed by the entire 86 Mets squad) but never seen a team sign an opposing player's bat.

My guess is Tom Glavine wanted something autographed by the Yankees and he sent one of his WS game issued bats into the Yankee Club house.

Totally ruined the WS game bat. I just may buy it just to take some steel wool and remove the Yankee signatures to give the bat back it's dignity!

David

Frank
06-29-2006, 07:52 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Tom-Glavine-World-Series-Bat-Signed-by-26-Yankees_W0QQitemZ160002658060QQcategoryZ27261QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Well at least i wasn't sold to a card co and chopped up for cards!

-David

I think that everybody here would agree that we're all glad you weren't sold to a card co and chopped up for cards....

;)

metsbats
06-29-2006, 08:12 AM
I think that everybody here would agree that we're all glad you weren't sold to a card co and chopped up for cards....

;)

ME it!!

suave1477
06-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Metsbats I figured that was the reason just wanted to make sure. At the same time though by looking at some of the Autographs I am not a 100% comfortable with them!!!

trsent
06-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Can you believe it? I keep telling my friends, if his posts annoy you, don't email or call me, put him in your ignore list. MY PHONE JUST RANG WITH SOMEONE COMPLAINING TO ME THAT JASON IS NOW THE GAME USED FORUM AUTOGRAPH EXPERT BECAUSE OF HIS POST STATING THAT HE IS NOT COMFORTABLE WITH AUTOGRAPH'S ON TOM GLAVINE'S BATS.

Jason, please elaborate for my followers who find that they have to contact me to complain because they don't want to post on this forum and get you on the defensive. I can't figure it out, what makes you think there may be issues with this bat's autographs? I won't be able to read your reply, but they are right - If you are going to call autographs suspect, please provide proof to back up your statements.

By the way, did you email the seller your concerns about the autographs on this bat that he believes he bought an authentic item from a relative of Tom Glavine's family? Please let us know his reply before you post that you have issues with the item.

ONE MORE THING - My friends, my extended family, my flock - DO NOT EMAIL OR CALL ME WHEN YOU DO NOT LIKE POSTS FROM ANY USERS THAT YOU KNOW I HAVE IN MY IGNORE LIST. I HAVE NO NEED TO DISCUSS ANYTHING THEY ARE POSTING WITH YOU OR THEM BECAUSE I FEEL THEIR POSTS ARE NOT WORTHY OF MY TIME TO READ, SO PLEASE DO NOT MAKE IT MY TIME TO DISCUSS.

All donations can be made via PayPal, cash or money orders.

suave1477
06-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Well if someone actually did call TRSENT, I find that interesting that someone would contact TRSENT about me of comments or statements I make on top of that I don't understand why the person would feel it is such a sensitive topic that they couldnt contact me??????????

As far as eleaborating actually I shouldnt have too I never said anything about the autographs being fake I just said for myself I am not comfortable. That is my own personal opinion there is no need for explanation and if the person WHO WANTS TO KNOW WHY I FEEL THAT WAY is always more then welcome to post here or email me directly.

I did not email the seller bcuz I am really not interested in the item or buying the item or to be honest could careless about the item.

This will be the last response I give to TRSENT bcuz as I do not care to speak with members who have nothing better with there life to do then bait peoiple into arguments

seven4five20
06-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Clearly the only way to settle this dispute is with a fight until death on PPV. I have $5 on that.