PDA

View Full Version : eBay 1992 Donnie Baseball

jetersbatboy
02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
I was watching this jersey on ebay as I had some interest in it, not to buy it of course!!!!! But there is one very big red flag for me, the fact that there is Russell trademark on the sleeve. I just wanted to get others thoughts, as the seller claims it is legit and it was purchased from Kirby Pucket. Has anyone ever seen a Yankees gamer with a trademark?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370337218571&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2213wt_941

DonFan23
02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Scott,

Check your PMs.

R.J.

suave1477
02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Just to answer you question.

As you said it is highly unlikely to find a Yankees Jersey with the Manurfacturer trademark on it but............... it has happened.

So I am not saying this jersey is real or fak but it has happened in the past.
Last year Angel Berroa was a last minute call up for the Yankees during a road trip game. They didn't have a Jersey for him so they ran out and bought a retail Jersey for him to wear, which had the Manufacturers logo on it.

BULBUS
02-25-2010, 10:53 AM
There is also a neck tag which Yankees jerseys do not have.

I had a jersey just like this, but the neck tag was cut out. I bought it many years ago as an autographed jersey and sold it as an autographed jersey. The 92 tag was the same wrong 92 tag.

-Chris

sox83cubs84
02-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I was watching this jersey on ebay as I had some interest in it, not to buy it of course!!!!! But there is one very big red flag for me, the fact that there is Russell trademark on the sleeve. I just wanted to get others thoughts, as the seller claims it is legit and it was purchased from Kirby Pucket. Has anyone ever seen a Yankees gamer with a trademark?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370337218571&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2213wt_941

Never say never, but the few I've seen like that were signed jerseys Roger Clemens donated to the Rick Wilkins Foundation charity auction about 7 years ago. Clemens told the auction organizer that they were game used (they were not) and, despite my showing the organizer why they weren't (among the reasons was the presence of the Russell R's), he insisted on selling them as game-used because "Clemens told him they were" and he didn't want to insult Clemens and risk losing his support for the charity. The Puckett connection might be his old off-season billiards or bowling tournament (I forget which sport), which would be similar sourcing as the Clemens jerseys.

Dave M.
Chicago area