PDA

View Full Version : Jersey ordering records

justinwc80
02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Has anyone attempting to get these from the manufacturers? I wonder if they keep these records or if its a team record. We seem to be able to get the bat records which helps validate bats but I have never seen anything on jerseys. Definitely would be a great resource.

Dewey2007
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Has anyone attempting to get these from the manufacturers? I wonder if they keep these records or if its a team record. We seem to be able to get the bat records which helps validate bats but I have never seen anything on jerseys. Definitely would be a great resource.

I have never tried to contact jersey manufacturers but I would think that this would be more of a team issue. I have been able to contact a couple of team equipment managers and they were very helpful with specific questions I had about certain player jerseys.

For instance the Marlins EM told me that after they switched over to Majestic in 2006 I think it was they kept record of when jerseys were worn by the strip tagging numbers. He was able to tell me the date a 2006 Dontrelle Willis jersey I purchased was worn by the last 3-digits on the strip tag.