PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training 2010 - Cactus League

rays54
02-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Spring training has started and the players (Rockies and Diamondbacks) have gone out of their way to sign for everyone. Went up to Phoenix over the weekend and the players all were super at signing everything. Weather has been pretty cold and rainy most days but over the course of spring training should heat back up. Reds/Indians fanfest on Sat Feb 27th in Goodyear, Az. Picked up autographs on balls, bats and photos. Would like to hear how spring training is at other venues (AZ/ FLA)

rays54
02-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Just got back from Reds/Indians fanfest at Goodyear Park, Az. Complex is
large. Hitting fields for each team is spread out. Reds players very accomodating. Jack Bruce best signer, no sign of Chapman. Indians players all freely signed and were the best. Best to catch players at facility gates as they leave the complex. Gomes, Bruce, Laynce nix stopped and signed on the way out. All in all a beautiful day to take in practice and obtain autos.

markfd
02-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Report from the Grapfruit League:

Nats camp in Viera is open and fairly accessible this year (I use fairly because with the coming of Pudge or Strasburg the rules have become a bit more restrictive, they both require fans to line up single file and sign for a limited number of people each day). However, that being said all in all almost every players take time to sign for anyone who wants a signature whether you are 3 or 83 and whether it is multiple cards or a GU item.

rays54
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Another beautiful day here in Tucson. Players all signed on there way into the gate ( Dela Rosa, Reynolds, Redding, Oliva, Nelson, Payton). On the field every Rockie player signed items presented before the irregardless of the numbers. Helton was a good signer. Tulo waited at the dugout gate until everyone who asked for a autograph was taken care of. Fowler was
out sick. Classy bunch of athletes all the way around.
Diamondback signers, Webb, Allen, Upton all good today.
Hi Corbett Field for my money is the best all around spring training venue
for autographs and player contact.
Oh before I forget, Giambi and LoDuca each day have gone out of their way, like Tulo to make sure everyone has an autograph.

bratcher1
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Just got back from Reds/Indians fanfest at Goodyear Park, Az. Complex is
large. Hitting fields for each team is spread out. Reds players very accomodating. Jack Bruce best signer, no sign of Chapman. Indians players all freely signed and were the best. Best to catch players at facility gates as they leave the complex. Gomes, Bruce, Laynce nix stopped and signed on the way out. All in all a beautiful day to take in practice and obtain autos.

I know its a significant upgrade from the Sarasota complex, but I am sad my Reds have moved to Arizona. I had some great experiences at the games in Florida....

rays54
03-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Feel your pain as we are about to lose the Rockies and Diamondbacks from
Tucson. The new Reds/Indians stadium is a beauty. The practice fields are a fenced in fortress. Accessability to players only at gated players parking facilities as they come out.

rays54
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Rockies players headed up to Phoenix early this morning for games against Angels and Giants. Got autographs of players left behind, Tim Redding, Jason Giambi just to name a few. Fowler stayed behind as well and signed for all.

both-teams-played-hard
03-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Arizona, 1956

http://i48.tinypic.com/308e1ds.jpg

lehmsbobby
03-08-2010, 11:32 PM
im going up to tucson on thursday for the weekend... cant f***ing wait!

anyone else gonna be there?

rose14
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
It's cool to see the picture above with all of the photographers standing right by 1st base. I know that was normal back in the day but could you imagine if they did that now?

One of the most famous photographs of all time was shot by Charles Conlin in 1909 as he was standing by 3rd base. As he was talking with New York 3rd baseman Jimmy Austin, Cobb broke from 2nd base heading for 3rd on a bunt. Conlin stumbled and wasn't even sure he snapped a picture. He decided to change the plate in his camera and didn't know he had captured one of the most famous photos until later that day.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/2576130127_fce091c482.jpg

xpress34
03-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Spring training has started and the players (Rockies and Diamondbacks) have gone out of their way to sign for everyone. Went up to Phoenix over the weekend and the players all were super at signing everything. Weather has been pretty cold and rainy most days but over the course of spring training should heat back up. Reds/Indians fanfest on Sat Feb 27th in Goodyear, Az. Picked up autographs on balls, bats and photos. Would like to hear how spring training is at other venues (AZ/ FLA)

Joe -

Sent you an eMail!

- Chris

lehmsbobby
03-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Just had a great day in my first day in tucson.

Because i am just 16 I was asked to batboy for the giants which i happily accepted... got to mingle w/ the players and got a john bowker bat and some balls out of it.

Great day!:D

rays54
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Chris, emailed back. Are you in Tucson now.
joe