PDA

View Full Version : Coinincidence?

LastingsMilledge85
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
As some of you may know the Syracuse Chiefs are auctioning off their game used home jerseys on the MILB auctions website. For a few days now there was a GU Milledge jersey and I emailed the Chiefs yesterday regarding if something could be done about the price. I checked the auction last night and noticed it was still active. This morning I received an email back from the Chiefs regarding that the auction has ended on it. Surely, it can be a coincidence that the jersey was sold this morning, but it was just something that ran through my head. Let me just say that I'm annoyed about the jersey being sold. :mad:

bigtruck260
02-23-2010, 03:14 PM
As some of you may know the Syracuse Chiefs are auctioning off their game used home jerseys on the MILB auctions website. For a few days now there was a GU Milledge jersey and I emailed the Chiefs yesterday regarding if something could be done about the price. I checked the auction last night and noticed it was still active. This morning I received an email back from the Chiefs regarding that the auction has ended on it. Surely, it can be a coincidence that the jersey was sold this morning, but it was just something that ran through my head. Let me just say that I'm annoyed about the jersey being sold. :mad:

I learned this the hard way early on here...

Sometimes an item is 'outed' here...and if more than one person collects items that fit it's description - let's just say that part of collecting is the competition from other collectors (friendly).

I saw the thread when the jersey was mentioned and the number of people that looked at it. Trust me, I feel your pain. I've lost so many things to other people that I have had to re-focus my collection several times over. A few times, on items that have been on eBay and had zero interest until mentioned in the forum.:D

LastingsMilledge85
02-23-2010, 03:28 PM
This is like the fifth big loss to me, so I was hoping to compensate them by getting this Chiefs jersey because it is sharp and I really wanted that jersey. Realize though, you probably collect a much better and logical player than I do. Lastings Milledge, IMO, really isn't a must get guy and can't imagine that anyone else collects him other than his mother as another forum member put it.

ziggy
02-23-2010, 04:01 PM
$350 for a minor league jersey of common players? I don't think they will sell too many.

Sangy 35
02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
$350 for a minor league jersey of common players? I don't think they will sell too many.

That's really kind of.....insane. I'd be interested in the Eldred and the Clippard but not for 350 clams. I picked up Clippard's game used alternate worn in the last game at Cooper Stadium in 2008 direct from the Clippers two years ago for less than a hundred bucks. My best guess-they have a ton of jerseys to raffle off at a game, none of which fetch $350.00.

LastingsMilledge85
02-23-2010, 04:23 PM
That price has me wondering, especially of a player like Milledge. I have no idea who would pay that much for a Milledge jersey. The only players that MAY be worth that money is Stammen, Desmond, Martis, and Dukes.

legaleagle92481
02-23-2010, 09:48 PM
That price has me wondering, especially of a player like Milledge. I have no idea who would pay that much for a Milledge jersey. The only players that MAY be worth that money is Stammen, Desmond, Martis, and Dukes.

They probably took an offer from someone. Alot of people just like to get what someone else wants and in a month it will probably be on Ebay.

LastingsMilledge85
02-23-2010, 10:58 PM
I can only hope so, but I've not be so lucky with losing out on his jerseys recently. Lost one on MLB auctions a few months back and hasn't turned up, lost one from the Lynchburg Hillcats and hasn't turned up, and lost one on Ebay a while back that was actually being offered on this forum but was never given a heads up, and that jersey has yet to resurface. Just a very crushing day "hobby-wise" and hopefully it will resurface. Just doesn't seem fair when you have gone through the effort that I put into this. Oh well :)

ahuff
02-24-2010, 01:20 PM
As BigTruck mentioned, this does happen. Hopefully, no one on this board is the buyer, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. I learned my lesson 5 years ago. It was at that point that I asked about a jersey that had been offered in an ebay store for quite some time. I asked about characteristics that I should look for. Amazingly within the hour it was sold. I've always wondered who purchased, no doubt someone on here, and I've always had my hunches as to who. But I have learned to let go, and simply don't post questions about specific jerseys or provide links to them, anymore. It is ashame, because the more people that get burnt, the fewer that will post, which will result in less information being passed around. Just my 2cents.

I feel for you, and will keep my eye open for it to resurface. The good news is that if the buyer tries to resell (or better yet NEEDS to resell) down the road it may work in your favor. If you think the price paid is too much, you might just find that you get it for a very cheap price. I've had that happen both as a buyer and seller of minor league stuff.

LastingsMilledge85
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Well there's no way the buyer will ever get what they paid because he will never be worth that price. I hope it's no one on the forum that bought it because if they did, what were they thinking, considering that Lastings is not going to have much of a career. Any help is appreciated if it shows up again and someone heads me up. I'm still looking for his B-Mets jersey, Lynchburg jersey, and TBTC Bucs jersey.

dcrules01
02-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Don't let it eat you up inside.You have a great collection just keep building. When I miss out on something I believe it was meant to be and something better will come along. I have been there it stings I understand that. Many of us have regrets about not jumping on an item and letting it pass.

LastingsMilledge85
02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm not bothered it by it anymore, I just find the whole thing odd. What ticks me off though is that I contacted the team months ago if they could sell me the Milledge jersey, and they never got back to me.

dcrules01
02-24-2010, 08:22 PM
That has happened to me on a few occasions. Half the time the person on the other end of the phone has no idea what I am even talking about lol. I thought you were gonna pass because of the price?

LastingsMilledge85
02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
I was going to see if they would reduce the price because we exchanged emails while the auction was active, but in the end I would have bought it for $350 because of the rarity and the fact I'm the biggest and only Milledge fan around. I do have three Milledge jerseys that are being offered to me now and plan to buy them, but don't have the money for even one at the moment.

suave1477
02-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Here is something that might interest you right now on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LASTINGS-MILLEDGE-SIGNED-CLEAT-NEW-YORK-METS-WOW_W0QQitemZ380208841363QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Bas eball_Fan_Shop?hash=item5886368293

LastingsMilledge85
02-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks for posting that, but I saw it and have no interest. I would only buy a set of cleats and that cleat isn't game used. Thanks anyway though

MLB_Authentic
02-25-2010, 07:55 PM
He is actually right on the money with this one. If you want something, you don't set the price, the seller does. If you really wanted it, you should have paid for it. Now you will never see it again.

Jags Fan Dan
02-25-2010, 08:16 PM
It's hard to pull the trigger sometimes when an item of a guy you collect is out there but it seems too pricey. But I regret very few purchases, and regret quite a few things I passed on. When in doubt, shell it out.

LastingsMilledge85
02-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Suicide, I guess really needed to go out with a bang. He forgot to leave his little animations::mad::p;):D:o:):(:confused::rolleyes::c ool::eek:

LastingsMilledge85
02-25-2010, 09:06 PM
What I was also trying to say that I find it odd the Milledge jersey is the only one that sold (so far), and there's better players there that all have the same price on, so why that one?

sugarpam
02-25-2010, 09:21 PM
What I was also trying to say that I find it odd the Milledge jersey is the only one that sold (so far), and there's better players there that all have the same price on, so why that one?

To be fair, the Milledge jersey isn't the only one sold so far, I picked up the Travis Snider jersey last week :)

-Pam

LastingsMilledge85
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Never saw that one, might have been before this was brought to my attention. Ok, but given that...that's two players that don;t have much hype or anything to show for in THIS day and did you get the Snyder one because you like him or something? The ones I'm surprised that are there is the Ricky Romero, Ian Desmond, Craig Stammen, and Elijah Dukes.

sugarpam
02-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Never saw that one, might have been before this was brought to my attention. Ok, but given that...that's two players that don;t have much hype or anything to show for in THIS day and did you get the Snyder one because you like him or something? The ones I'm surprised that are there is the Ricky Romero, Ian Desmond, Craig Stammen, and Elijah Dukes.

Travis Snider not much hype? He's been touted as the Jays top prospect (and one of MLB's top prospects) ever since he was drafted in 2006. He's projected to be a big time hitter and a key to the Jays future success, and to find one of his jerseys for only $350 is a crazy good deal - the Blue Jays are looking in the $1000 dollar range for one of his big league jerseys.

The only reason I found this jersey was thanks to the forum member who brought the Milledge jersey to your attention, so a big thanks to whomever that was :)

-Pam

LastingsMilledge85
02-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Wow had no idea about Snider, he did struggle last year and never eard about him again. In that case you got a great deal on his jersey. The Milledge jersey will always puzzle me.