PDA

View Full Version : 1972 Super Bowl Game Used & Autographed Football

ghostkid
06-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Okay, I just got a call from a guy who says he has a 1972 Super Bowl game used football that is signed by many of the Miami Dolphins players. Naturally, I am a bit skeptical. He wants me to look at it and make an offer. Game used Super Bowl footballs are not one of my areas of expertise. What should I look for when trying to determine if the football is from the 1972 Super Bowl. I realize that Pete Rozelle was the commissioner at the timel, but I'm pretty clueless after this point...

The current owner claims the football was given to the mayor of Dade County by Don Shula, who then gave it to this guy's father, who then...you know how these stories go...they sound nice but it's just a story without some real proof.

Thanks,
Kevin Kasper
kevinkasper@netzero.com

miracleonice80
06-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi...were you speaking of Super Bowl VI or VII? Wanted to see how this situation ended up....I am collecting game used balls from that era. Thanks

helmets
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Psst...
This post is almost 5 years old. Ghostkid hasn't posted to the forum in over three years. Perhaps try emailing him at the address that he lists with his name.

miracleonice80
06-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks.....