PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Strasburg 1st Interview in Spring Training

allstarsplus
02-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Here is the audio to his 1st interview. Big crowds there for Pitchers & Catchers reporting day. Listen to the comments about the autograph seekers: http://twaud.io/2FC

Strasburg took a middle mound, opposite catcher Derek Norris, also a top prospect. ESPN's "Baseball Tonight" television truck hummed not far away. National reporters, along with roughly 75 fans, pushed against the fence. Future Hall of Fame catcher Ivan Rodriguez took a crouch and watched Strasburg from behind the mound. Team president Stan Kasten ... See Morestood directly behind Rodriguez. Four members of Washington's front office observed from a parked golf cart, and almost every pitching coach in the organization paced behind the five pitchers.

vdsporty25
02-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Mr. Strasburg is going to be a beast if he can stay healthy!! Can't wait to see him make his debut!!

OaklandAsFan
02-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Down here for Arizona Fall League attendance went from an average of like 100 people to 600 or 700 for the Desert Dogs games and even more when he pitched. I kinda like the low key factor of AFL so hopefully nobody of that status comes around for another few years ;)

BTW he was a beast for most of his time in AFL (One bad game but bounced back from that quite strong)

murfsteve25
02-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Listen to the comments about the autograph seekers:

I cant listen to it on a Gov computer. What was said about autograph seekers?

vdsporty25
02-22-2010, 10:08 PM
I cant listen to it on a Gov computer. What was said about autograph seekers?

Basically he was there to do his work.....but if the people wanted to wait until after he was done he would sign for them....He said it was crazy with all of the people there waiting for him!!!

OaklandAsFan
02-22-2010, 10:55 PM
thats how he was here during AFL. The first game he signed for about 6 people and then I never saw him sign before a game the rest of the season. He always waited and signed after the games.

murfsteve25
02-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Basically he was there to do his work.....but if the people wanted to wait until after he was done he would sign for them....He said it was crazy with all of the people there waiting for him!!!

Well thats good that he's at least willing to sign. I know of a few prospects that do everything they can to avoid fans (caugh*Homer Bailey*caugh)

markfd
02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Since we are talking Strasburg here are a couple of shots I took from the past two days here in Viera.

allstarsplus
02-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Since we are talking Strasburg here are a couple of shots I took from the past two days here in Viera.

One day hopefully you will tell your Grandkids you saw Stephen Strasburg in his 1st batter simulated practice of his 1st Spring Training!

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

markfd
02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks Andrew! I got this today after practice!

markfd
02-28-2010, 08:54 PM
It helps to hit upload first :)