PDA

View Full Version : Randy Johnson Jersey? from Japan

toshi
02-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Randy Johnson(Randall Glenn Johnson )
He played in Hiroshima Carp (1987 - 1988) for two years in Japan.
This is a jersey that he used for 1987.

toshi
02-19-2010, 11:16 PM
This is a photograph.

Randy Johnson(Randall Glenn Johnson )
He played in Hiroshima Carp (1987 - 1988) for two years in Japan.
This is a jersey that he used for 1987.

toshi
02-19-2010, 11:24 PM
This is a photograph.

jetersbatboy
02-19-2010, 11:26 PM
"Randall David Johnson"

joelsabi
02-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Randy Johnson

iamrags
01-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Where did you get that Jersey?

JDubbs73
01-03-2014, 10:58 AM
As Joel pointed out definitely not the "Big Unit", but name and note below are correct:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Johnson_(third_baseman)

godwulf
01-03-2014, 02:19 PM
I love stuff like this. There are a couple of gaijin players one of whose Japanese jerseys I would love to have, but I never see them offered for sale anywhere; I just assumed that the Japanese collectors snatch up and hoard all those items. I actually have one of this Randy's bats, a P72 L.S. from his Atlanta days; I paid $16.50 for it on eBay, mostly as a joke. This R.J.'s last stint in pro Baseball was in '86, when he played for the Phoenix Giants. I remember reading an account of him coming in from the outfield to pitch in a blowout game - only his second time on the mound - and throwing two innings, in the course of which he gave up 14 unearned runs on 6 hits and 8 base-on-balls (figure that one out).

JDubbs73
01-03-2014, 03:04 PM
I remember reading an account of him coming in from the outfield to pitch in a blowout game - only his second time on the mound - and throwing two innings, in the course of which he gave up 14 unearned runs on 6 hits and 8 base-on-balls (figure that one out).
Painful...to witness or accomplish...

jtnatalierica
01-05-2014, 11:17 PM
good thread. I have a real good friend who is contemplating retiring from the Japanese M.L after 10 years over there. His name is Brian Sikorski. He played for Yomuri, Lotte, Sebiu,Rakuten, made 3 all-star teams, played for Sadahahara Oh and Bobby Valentine. He gave me at least 15 of his jerseys and about 5 full game uniforms, some TBC's, hats. They get 7 home and 7 away jerseys per season. At the end of the year, they tell him to bring them back for the next season, but, when being traded/released, he keeps them. He has about 200 of his uniforms. I watched as he got his Yomuri Giants jersey, which he gave me previously, autographed by Sadahara Oh. I've got bp tops, hats, patent leather belts, and jackets. He has so much stuff, even he can't keep track of it. If I ever find out how to take pictures and transfer them here, I'll post them. Great stuff. I may be able to have him part with some stuff as he has so much, but, it will not come cheap.

godwulf
01-07-2014, 08:35 AM
They get 7 home and 7 away jerseys per season. At the end of the year, they tell him to bring them back for the next season, but, when being traded/released, he keeps them. He has about 200 of his uniforms.

That's amazing. I would have thought that the Japanese were a lot stricter about that kind of thing; who'd have thought they were more liberal (and generous) than the American major leagues? Different sport, but I always think about journeyman basketball player Paul Shirley, who wrote the book, "Can I Keep My Jersey?" (The answer was "No".)