PDA

View Full Version : Let's see some heavily used / pine tarred bats

3arod13
06-13-2007, 04:04 PM
I would love to see pictures of anyone who has a game used bat (don't care what player) that's pounded with tremendous use. Not bats with just a lot of pine tar, but bats that you can tell a player has used it for a while.

jon_8_us
06-13-2007, 04:50 PM
I would love to see pictures of anyone who has a game used bat (don't care what player) that's pounded with tremendous use. Not bats with just a lot of pine tar, but bats that you can tell a player has used it for a while.

A couple Manny's

3arod13
06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
A couple Manny's

Wow! Very nice gamers! Thanks for sharing!

metsbats
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Here's a Jorge Sosa 2007 gamer which I think qualifies.

Enjoy!
-David

kylehess10
06-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Here are some pictures from suave, who I am posting for:

Miguel Cairo game used bat
"This bat has tons of use that the pictures arent even showing and the
handle has such a bad crack the only thing holding together is the tons of pinetar"

kylehess10
06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Here's another bat from suave:

Jose Reyes game used 2007 bat
"Shows tons of use"

RyanZimmerman11
06-13-2007, 11:39 PM
That's what I like to see...;)

If I could only find a Zimmerman that look slike that Reyes...I would be happy :)

Jay

cjmedina1
06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
That Jorge Sosa is sick.That one serious game used bat:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Here is some Mcgwire with TAR:D

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net
Always looking to buy Mcgwire Sign Game Used bats:D

TFig27
06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/Tino_web.jpg

3arod13
06-14-2007, 10:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/Tino_web.jpg

There's no pic. Upload again.

staindsox
06-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Here's my 2004 Manny bat. This one is pretty pounded.

Chris

staindsox
06-14-2007, 09:15 PM
...and both ends.

gamer35
06-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Was that the Manny bat that was offered by California Sports Investments?

I can say with 99.9% certainty that Manny never used any blonde bats during the 2004 season. He used them in spring training in 04, but not once in game action during the course of the season. I remember seeing him offering it, but decided against it knowing that it was most likely a BP bat.

RyanZimmerman11
06-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Was that the Manny bat that was offered by California Sports Investments?

I can say with 99.9% certainty that Manny never used any blonde bats during the 2004 season. He used them in spring training in 04, but not once in game action during the course of the season. I remember seeing him offering it, but decided against it knowing that it was most likely a BP bat.

Ruh Roh RElroy!

staindsox
06-14-2007, 11:09 PM
I love my Manny bat and couldn't give a damn what it is.

1) I didn't think M9s came out til later in the 2004 season. I thought it was "Select Maple" in spring training to mid season.

2) How many of you have a blond M9 Manny, let alone one with this much use? I have had several Manny bats: regular LS, black M9, x-bat, etc...this one is far rarer and shows far more use (donut rings, pine tar, laces, ink transfers...and has always been my favorite. It was undoubtedly used by Manny and during the 04 season.

Hey Jon, do you know if Manny writes 24 on both ends...even with his BP bats?

Chris

camarokids
06-14-2007, 11:10 PM

Here's a Carl Crawford , no explanation needed ! except there are tons of lace impressions that might not show up in the picture .....

gamer35
06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
OK, it may have been used during the 04 season, but it most certainly wasn't in a game then. I have every Sox game from 04 archived and I can tell you that he did not use a blonde bat. I recall discussing this bat with Bobby in 2004 and we both concluded that he did not use it in game action.

gamer35
06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
And I dont understand why it being that much more rare would make a difference. The reason that this bat is rare is because it wasn't actually GAME used.

jon_8_us
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM

1) I didn't think M9s came out til later in the 2004 season. I thought it was "Select Maple" in spring training to mid season.

2) How many of you have a blond M9 Manny, let alone one with this much use? I have had several Manny bats: regular LS, black M9, x-bat, etc...this one is far rarer and shows far more use (donut rings, pine tar, laces, ink transfers...and has always been my favorite. It was undoubtedly used by Manny and during the 04 season.

Chris

I'm gonna have to agree with gamers assesment here.This is not a regular season game used bat.Although even though it's a spring training/BP bat i would give my left arm to have it!Very nice bat!
jon

jon_8_us
06-14-2007, 11:55 PM

Chris

Manny bats are so inconsistent with the numbering on the knob etc.This is not a regular season game used bat.Manny has not used blonde bats since 01 in game situations.Nonetheless you have an awesome bat which i am jealous of.I had no idea you had so many Manny gamers...want to sell any??
jon

staindsox
06-14-2007, 11:56 PM
SCARCITY determines how rare an item is. An collector understands that. That is why the Honus Wagner T-206 is unique...there are only 50 or so in existence. There is an even rarer Honus card, it isn't worth as much as a high grade 206, but it is RARER. An item is rare because very few were made or few exist...even if Manny only used it to scratch his ass in the shower.

For example, I have a Joe Mauer X-Bat (from an impeccable source). He used very few of these. He only used them a little early in his career. Let's say he plays for 15 or 20 years and continues to use Rawlings bats. How many Mauer Rawlings bats will be out on the market? How many Xbats? Scarcity is determined by how many of an item are in existence. Just like Rob L's bat. That is a very rare bat while there are loads of LS out there. I couldn't care less about dollars and cents...his bat is rare.

Puckett used LS throughout his career. What if there were a Rawlings Puckett bat from 1987, the Twins championship year. Even if he only used it in BP, even if he never used it, are you arguing that this wouldn't be scarce?

Lastly, you are trying to put a dollar value on preference...this is impossible. My favorite ballplayer of alltime is Paul Molitor and I actually caught a ball he hit. This is my favorite item in my collection. If I eBayed it, would it bring in the most money? No. It's my favorite anyway. You can't argue preference. I could have an 80K car, but I like the ball more.

Chris

jon_8_us
06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Good point.This Manny bat you have is obviously used by him.Regardless of the situation he used it in i would buy it in a second due to it's rarity.What you have is a bat that Manny collectors such as myself search for.If your ever going to sell please let me know!
jon

staindsox
06-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the reply Jon. I'm not looking to move any Manny bats right now, but I'll let you know if I ever do. My feeling is that I would rather have a bat sloppy with use than a legit gamer with only 2 or 3 ball marks. Any Manny fan could easily be jealous of your collection. You might have the most diverse collection of his bats out there. Keep postin' em. :)

Chris

jon_8_us
06-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Jon. I'm not looking to move any Manny bats right now, but I'll let you know if I ever do. My feeling is that I would rather have a bat sloppy with use than a legit gamer with only 2 or 3 ball marks. Any Manny fan could easily be jealous of your collection. You might have the most diverse collection of his bats out there. Keep postin' em. :)

Chris
Thanks but i'm still second to a certain Mr. Bobby Texeira when it comes to my Manny collection.
jon

3arod13
06-15-2007, 03:33 AM
SCARCITY determines how rare an item is. An collector understands that. That is why the Honus Wagner T-206 is unique...there are only 50 or so in existence. There is an even rarer Honus card, it isn't worth as much as a high grade 206, but it is RARER. An item is rare because very few were made or few exist...even if Manny only used it to scratch his ass in the shower.

For example, I have a Joe Mauer X-Bat (from an impeccable source). He used very few of these. He only used them a little early in his career. Let's say he plays for 15 or 20 years and continues to use Rawlings bats. How many Mauer Rawlings bats will be out on the market? How many Xbats? Scarcity is determined by how many of an item are in existence. Just like Rob L's bat. That is a very rare bat while there are loads of LS out there. I couldn't care less about dollars and cents...his bat is rare.

Puckett used LS throughout his career. What if there were a Rawlings Puckett bat from 1987, the Twins championship year. Even if he only used it in BP, even if he never used it, are you arguing that this wouldn't be scarce?

Lastly, you are trying to put a dollar value on preference...this is impossible. My favorite ballplayer of alltime is Paul Molitor and I actually caught a ball he hit. This is my favorite item in my collection. If I eBayed it, would it bring in the most money? No. It's my favorite anyway. You can't argue preference. I could have an 80K car, but I like the ball more.

Chris

Chris, in reference to my 1996 Rawlings Alex Rodriguez Game Used HR Bat, only 6 were made for arod in 1996 (I have a letter from Rawlings). With that said, and this being a HR bat from 1996, I would say this is a pretty rare bat, correct? Also, how can I find out how often and how many Rawlings bats did arod order/use? I know he did early in his career, and if no longer, based on what you said, this bat would be pretty rare, right?

3arod13
06-15-2007, 03:34 AM
Sorry, 12 bats were ordered for arod, not 6. Still, that's a pretty low number of bats considering the number of games he played in 1996.

kylehess10
06-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Out of all the bats I own, the one with the most use is probably my Michael Tucker signed game used 1999 LS bat. It is completely broken in half and the back of the barrel had hit so many baseballs that the paint was coming off from each hit. There are tons and tons of seem impressions, blue ink-transfers, and cleat marks. And I only got it for $5!!

indyred
06-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Great thread. That Manny blonde bat is really cool. Even if it was just bp/spring training used, still really unique to see that style from him.

eGameUsed
06-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Great idea for a thread! Well, I have to start with one of my favorite pieces in my collection. Not only the heaviest used bat I have ever seen, but also an incredible story direct from the player. So, here it is:

2003 Jeff Bagwell Bat

In addition to 62 distinctive seam impressions and 100s of spike marks almost covering the barrel labeling, the pine tar is layered and layered and still fresh from being encapsulated since the day it was received, only to be taken out for the sigtnature in late 2003. Jeff was known for neither being a label up or down hitter, but rather for twisting the bat in his hands while preparing to swing. The seam and ball marks cover all sides of the barrel. The unique part of this bat is that Bagwell remembered the bat and the day it cracked - he commented being disappointed because it was a very good bat for him. He reports using the bat for over 6 weeks before it cracked. It also happened to be the bat he used immeditaely following his 400th Career Homerun. The HOF requested the bat from his 400th HR, he obliged, and used this one until it cracked. Here are the pics:

eGameUsed
06-16-2007, 02:44 PM
And how could I leave out my favorite player of All-Time - Craig Biggio! Biggio is the dirtiest, toughest player to ever play, and keeps climbing up the All-Time Hit and Doubles List (BTW, he tied Nap Lajoie last night for 6th All-Time in Doubles with 657). So, here are 5 recent bats from my collection:

2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Craig Biggio Bats

Each perfectly prepared Louisville Slugger Model H176 bears Craig's famous tape and heavily tarred handle. All are cracked, with the exception of the 2002 and 2003 which remain intact. All are loaded with seam and ball marks, are are 5 of the heaviest used Biggio's I have ever seen. When is the last time you have seen a Biggio bat like this on the market? Here are the pics:

metsbats
06-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Awesome Biggio bats and Bagwell too.

Thanks of sharing!

David

dcrules01
06-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Here is mine...
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/Game%20Used/pedrojersey001.jpg

eGameUsed
06-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks David! I have worked hard to establish those. I need a Biggio bats that can be pinpointed to 1993 and 1996. It will be tough! I will let you know when I get the Biggio info ready here on the forum!

Thanks,

indyred
06-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Those Biggio bats are amazing. How many of the Select Maple bats of his even exist? Great collection. Has he ever used any other brands or colors? Seeing all these bats, you can see why so many people get hooked on collecting them.

eGameUsed
06-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks! I have seen and owned only 2 Biggio Select Maple bats. They were obviously both from early 2004, a time when Biggio was lightening up on the tar for some reason. His bat order records do not specify the change from maple, to select maple, to M9.

As for models, Biggio has always used natural color blonde ash or maple bats. His order records have specified natural only forever. I did see a Black Rawlings made for him in 1994, but it was unused.

As for model numbers, here is a what he has used:

M216 (The rarest with only 15 bats ordered)
D143 (Only 20 bats orders, 12, 6, and then a final 2)
B348 (Only 135 ordered between 1988-1990)
H176 (His preferred model since the 1991 and he hasn't turned back since)

Thanks again!

3arod13
06-17-2007, 11:55 AM
And how could I leave out my favorite player of All-Time - Craig Biggio! Biggio is the dirtiest, toughest player to ever play, and keeps climbing up the All-Time Hit and Doubles List (BTW, he tied Nap Lajoie last night for 6th All-Time in Doubles with 657). So, here are 5 recent bats from my collection:

2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Craig Biggio Bats

Each perfectly prepared Louisville Slugger Model H176 bears Craig's famous tape and heavily tarred handle. All are cracked, with the exception of the 2002 and 2003 which remain intact. All are loaded with seam and ball marks, are are 5 of the heaviest used Biggio's I have ever seen. When is the last time you have seen a Biggio bat like this on the market? Here are the pics:

WOW! WOW! WOW! Now that's what I call pounded game used bats! Thanks for sharing those bats!

dcrules01
06-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Chris awesome Biggio collection.He is a true gamer and your collection has to be the envy of many...

eGameUsed
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks Guys! I am very proud of my Biggio collection. Keep posting these photos! I love seeing the hammered bats!

gamer35
06-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Chris, would you please respond to the emails that I have sent regarding the Manny SAM bat that you sold? I have sent numerous without a response. fantasybase4660@aol.com. Thanks

eGameUsed
06-18-2007, 08:48 PM
gamer35,

This is a thread about hammered game used bats. BTW, I don't recall seeing any e-mails regarding the sammy bat. Also, it is sold. Does that answer all of your questions!

Thanks,

autographedgamers
06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I think I have photomatched it to Arods 400th homerun. Regardless the bat is demolished showing Arod use characteristics (pinetar/mota stick on the lower handle, heavy ballmarks and cleat marks)

uwmrules09
06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Here is my Derek Lee game used bat. It has some nice use to it.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/raytownkid09/Leebat1.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/raytownkid09/Leebat2.jpg

autographedgamers
06-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Here are the pics.

gamer35
06-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I am aware what this thread is about, but you refuse to answer my questions through other forms, so I figured I would address it here now since I had your attention.

And it was about the Manny Ramirez SAM bat that you sold.

I have sent you an email.

3arod13
06-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Here are the pics.

Close, but you can see on the pic of one bat, the top ball mark is a lot lower that the other one (one is actually touching the letters)

However, as stated, it's still a nice gamer.

eGameUsed
06-20-2007, 08:37 AM
gamer35,

I did receive your e-mail and I replied! In regards to the Manny 2006 Sam bat you purchased, I sold the bat as a late season 2006 bat. I forwarded you the original e-mail I sent you on 11/23/2006 when you asked about more details and photos. Your attempt to match a bat used prior to the 2006 All-Star game would not have seen this type of bat as it was used late season. Please reread the original e-mail for any details and let me know if you have any further questions! I did note that your e-mail has changed since the original sale, so please verify you were e-mailing the correct address.

As always, my phone number is posted! This is done to eliminate the "you didn't respond to my e-mail" issue. Please feel free to call if you or anyone else does not receive a reply in an acceptable time period. I would also encourage you to check the reliability of your e-mail. Your e-mail address appears to have changed within the last year; mine has not! Finally, please create a separate thread in the future to get my attention! Please do not hijack a very good thread others are involved in!

Now, back to heavily pounded game used bats!

Thanks,

autographedgamers
06-20-2007, 03:09 PM
3 arod 13. That first pic with the clear ballmarks was taken way before this bat was finished being used. You can see the initial pine tar was whitish and later on it becomes brown. Also, many ballmarks are superimposed upon each other so its hard to pinpoint ballmarks in the center or the barrell. The one ballmark adjacent to the powerized logo seems to be the same size/shape with the same exact position. What do you think?

Rob

3arod13
06-20-2007, 03:39 PM
3 arod 13. That first pic with the clear ballmarks was taken way before this bat was finished being used. You can see the initial pine tar was whitish and later on it becomes brown. Also, many ballmarks are superimposed upon each other so its hard to pinpoint ballmarks in the center or the barrell. The one ballmark adjacent to the powerized logo seems to be the same size/shape with the same exact position. What do you think?

Rob

Rob, it could be. Difficult to tell. Maybe I'll look to see if I can find better/clear pics. Not matter what, nice bat!

oldworth
06-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Cool seeing that letter from Bill Steele. I worked for his brother for a few years and he's a close family friend. Bill lived in New York working for Rawlings/Adirondack the last I heard and I guess he went to St.L when Rawlings, Worth, etc all got bought out.

Carlevv
06-20-2007, 04:58 PM
3arod13, give me your email address please. I'd like to talk off the record to you. No hurry.

3arod13
06-20-2007, 05:33 PM
3arod13, give me your email address please. I'd like to talk off the record to you. No hurry.

arod13tb@yahoo.com

3arod13
06-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Cool seeing that letter from Bill Steele. I worked for his brother for a few years and he's a close family friend. Bill lived in New York working for Rawlings/Adirondack the last I heard and I guess he went to St.L when Rawlings, Worth, etc all got bought out.

Bill Steele is a really nice guy. Took a long time to get the letter from him, as he stated on numerous occasions how busy he was. However, it was well worth the wait. To have a letter stating that arod only ordered 12 bats of this model, makes the bat pretty rare. Especially considering it's a HR bat.

3arod13
06-21-2007, 03:24 AM

Emailed you this morning

NegleyPirate
06-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Here's some pics of a Benito Santiago Old Hickory gamer with alot of use.
Thanks,

NegleyPirate
06-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Here's some pics of one of my favorite gamers. Jason Bay signed NL Roy '04. I got it signed April 16, 2005 in person at the Robert Morris Show. Enjoy!

NegleyPirate
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
These bat pic's are for Bobby & Jon the King's of Manny Ramirez gamer's. Here is pic's of my only Manny bat. Gamer from his Cleveland Indian days.
Thanks,

NegleyPirate
06-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Here's is some pic's of my 2006 A.Soriano Washington Nat's gamer. The one player the Yank's should of kept. I wish my Pirate's had a player like this. Enjoy this pic's. Sorry for all the postings in a row.

NegleyPirate
06-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Vladimir Guerrero Gamer from his Expos day's. The bat has a ton of tar,marks,etc. with MLB hologram.

eGameUsed
06-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Mike,

Awesome bats! Like the Manny bat especially. Thanks for posting!

Carlevv
06-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Not to be a stickler but why does the SORI have more use on the trademark then the handle? Just curious.....

eGameUsed
06-23-2007, 08:35 AM
When Jeff Kent was with the Astros in 2003 and 2004, at one point I had 13 of his Astros bats. I kept all but one, the most pounded Kent bat, and a Select Maple (one of only 3 Select Maples I had seen on his from 2004). Here are some pics:

eGameUsed
06-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Here is another. A 2007 Luke Scott Opening Day Bat. Luke used this bat from Monday, 4/2/2007 until Saturday, 4/7/2007 when it cracked. Luke logs every pitch, pitcher, at bat result in a log book. He is incredibly meticulous and recalls getting an inside pitch that cracked the bat. Enjoy!

3arod13
06-23-2007, 12:58 PM
When Jeff Kent was with the Astros in 2003 and 2004, at one point I had 13 of his Astros bats. I kept all but one, the most pounded Kent bat, and a Select Maple (one of only 3 Select Maples I had seen on his from 2004). Here are some pics:

Awesome Jeff Kent Gamer. Super nice use! Thanks to everyone sharing their pounded gamers. I'm jealous!

brianborsch
06-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Is there really only two types of ball mark colors? I have seen green and light blue and also a dark blue? What is the difference? I heard green is typically from BP balls and light blue is from game balls. But what is dark blue from?

jon_8_us
06-23-2007, 01:23 PM
These bat pic's are for Bobby & Jon the King's of Manny Ramirez gamer's. Here is pic's of my only Manny bat. Gamer from his Cleveland Indian days.
Thanks,

If you ever decide to sell this bat you know who to call!Very nice...
jon

staindsox
06-23-2007, 01:40 PM
I would assume the light blue is from baseball's when they used to have league president's names on the balls and the dark blue/almost black marks are from Selig balls. The ink color seemed to change some when they made the switch.

Chris

Carlevv
06-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I really need to figure out how to take pics and put them on my computer. I have some sweet bats i'd like to share with you all. That Kent bat is what a gamer is all about. Has to be as good as his bats get.

BULBUS
06-23-2007, 09:09 PM
He are some pictures of my Jeter bat. I got it from Steiners Auction a couple of years ago:

gameusedbat.com
06-24-2007, 08:22 AM
This Sosa bat has such good use characteristics! HR #601 and counting...Go Slammin' Sammy!

GameBats
06-24-2007, 02:53 PM
He are some pictures of my Jeter bat. I got it from Steiners Auction a couple of years ago:

Bulbus, Your Jeter Bat is perfect! The pine tar application is spot on for Jeter. You can see exactly where his hands gripped the bat. I wouldn't purchase a Jeter bat without the "rings" of pine tar as your bat displays. Have you cosidered having the handle repaired?

tigerhidden
06-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Ausmus bat

BULBUS
06-24-2007, 09:17 PM
gamebats,
i usually repair my own bats, but i think i'm going to leave this one alone. jeter used this bat for a while and stopped once he cracked it. i think i like it the way it is. however, the crack does squeeze together nicely and could be repaired to make it hardly noticeable.

gameused
06-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Here's a 2003 Edgar Martinez bat with tons or tar and nice ballmarks.

Bobby

eGameUsed
06-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Bobby,

That is awesome! That makes Goerge Brett's bat look just fine! Nice piece!

10thMan
06-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Here`s my 2006 Vladi Easton Gamer. I have a `98 Vladi Sam Bat that has very heavy use, innumerable Seam marks, is 35 inches & signed, the black color makes pics difficult though. I enjoy your Bat pics...
Sean

kingjammy24
06-27-2007, 10:52 PM
my 1990 cecil fielder. the 51 HR season. (back before everyone started hitting 45+). fielder gave the bat to opposing pitcher duane ward after a jays/tigers game and inscribed it to him "d. all in my kitchen. all the best. big daddy". i got it from ward.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3376/fielder1rn9.jpg
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4364/fielder2zi1.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8458/fielder3zi7.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4517/fielder4vv8.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9544/fielder5mv6.jpg

rudy.

Carlevv
06-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Rudi great bat. I love seeing bats from the 90's when they werent so popular. Cecil was one of my favorite guys back in the day. Always smiling and joking around and was one of the biggest tippers of his time. Price was always with him wherever he went on the road. How times have changed. Sad, sad story about Big Daddy.

Carlevv
06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Rudi great bat. I love seeing bats from the 90's when they werent so popular. Cecil was one of my favorite guys back in the day. Always smiling and joking around and was one of the biggest tippers of his time. Price was always with him wherever he went on the road. How times have changed. Sad, sad story about Big Daddy.
Sorry, Prince would be with him not PRICE!

autographedgamers
07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
My jeter bat.

Nnunnari
07-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Here's some pics of my Manny bat hammered w/ use
Nickhttp://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z34/Nnunnari/L1000336.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z34/Nnunnari/L1000339.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z34/Nnunnari/L1000338.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z34/Nnunnari/L1000337.jpg

3arod13
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
My jeter bat.

Nice Jeter gamer with a beautiful signature! Nice!!

indyred
10-15-2007, 01:21 PM
anyone get any new pounded bats?

thomecollector
10-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Here's a Thome early model Cooper with some use..........

eGameUsed
10-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Picked up another Biggio bat last month. Some of the deepest seam marks I have ever seen on a bat with the exception of a Vladimir Guerrero bat. Bat has great weight marks and even some boning on the top side of the barrel which is usually only seen on select Biggio bats. The knob on this bat has also been sanded down more that normal for Craig. Tar completely intact. I was pleased to pick this one up. Bat dates to the 2002-03 season.

harpt
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Holy Cow!

That's a great bat!

eGameUsed
10-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Harpt,

Thanks! That is what a Biggio bat should be like. There is so much Biggio junk out there now that his bat prices for quality bats are in excess of $1000, and as high as $3000. I wonder what will happen one day to all those bats he has kept?

Thanks,

bigtruck260
10-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Here is the most hammered bat I own. It is from Ray Lankford. I am pretty sure this is/was a BP bat, as the other ones I own do not show 1/3 of the use on this one...this thing is blasted with cleat marks, ink, deep seam marks...and everything else. I LOVE it. It really shows what an angry player Ray was. He never got the respect he deserved.

Enjoy.

JasonHalliburton
10-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Alfonso Soriano 2006 40/40/40 bat.

Vintagedeputy
10-19-2007, 06:13 AM
bigtruck - please tell me how you photographed that bat. The detail is amazing!

bigtruck260
10-19-2007, 10:11 AM
bigtruck - please tell me how you photographed that bat. The detail is amazing!

You like that? Good. I like it too...it really helps when I catalog them in my database.

I use a Kodak EasyShare on 6.1MP - there is a close-up function for items less than 18 inches away...I could blow this up to a poster and the detail remains. The camera was inexpensive, really ($250-300).

grandpahoo
10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Every time this gets bumped back to the top, I see the title and think it says "would love to see anyone's ass pounded with game used bat." I wonder what that's all about.

Vintagedeputy
10-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Freudian slip? :)

joecoco
12-20-2007, 04:22 PM
so i am a complete fan of bats that are destroyed with pine tar. i know that there was a thread a while ago with pounded bats, but i would like to see some with a lot of pine tar, regardless of use:) once i figure out how to work my new camera, i will put a few of mine up! - joe

bigtruck260
12-20-2007, 04:31 PM
I expect to see some Brett's, Mark Grace, Soriano and Posadas....

Dave

bubbrubb25
12-20-2007, 04:36 PM
This is my cousins bat Jeff Manto not sure what year the bats from I didnt do much research I also have one of his Rockies bats.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/GAME%20USED/9bfd_1.jpg

10thMan
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
1997 Pudge Bat...If I had a better camera i`d post some better stuff. They get "heavier" than this, good thread, thought i`d take the bait. I`d like to see some too!
Sean

gameused
12-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Manny Ramirez 2007 Sam Bat and Edgar Martinez 2003 LVS.

Vintagedeputy
12-20-2007, 05:34 PM
My 2007 Posada bat isn't that bad at all as far as pine tar goes but here's my 2003 Mark Grace gamer, I call it my chocolate pudding bat. As a side not, Grace gave the bat to former pitcher Scott Service who in turn gave it to a police officer. I bought the bat from the officer. I wrote Scott Service about the bat and he confirmed that Grace did in fact give it to him at the end of the season.

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/8073/gracebatkb3.png

Birdbats
12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Here's a Mark Grace bat I used to own.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Bats/Gracetar.jpg

Vintagedeputy
12-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Nice one Jeff!

He really coats that stuff on!

Jim

TFig27
12-20-2007, 09:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/IMG_2683.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/IMG_2684.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/IMG_2686.jpg

bigtruck260
12-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I remember seeing Jeff's Grace bat a few years ago at a show. That thing had twigs and rocks all over it. Funny thing about Grace is I don't remember him wearing batting gloves...his uniforms must have been disgusting.

Anyone have something of Pete Incavilia? I saw him literally dunk his handle into a bucket one time.

Dave

tym
12-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Here is my Edgar from 2003
http://www.friendsofcff.com/images/baseball/the_hall/P1010900.JPG
Regards,
Ty

Visit the Mariners Online Museum....www.FriendsOfCFF.com (http://www.FriendsOfCFF.com)

eGameUsed
12-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Here are a few from my collection:

2002-03 Craig Biggio Astros Bat
Astros clubhouse people are known for wipping off a lot of Biggio's tar when the bat get out. This one made it uncracked and unwiped.

1995 Jerry Goff Astros Bat
One of my favorite Astros bats because it has great eye appeal.

1992 Juan Guerrero Astros Bat
Not the biggest star, but he sure knew how to add the tar and tape.

1992 Pete Incaviglia Astros Bat
Someone asked for it, and here it is. He did pur tar on everything he used, and especially this bat. I have never seen another one like this.

And last but not least (but not from my Astros Collection),

2006 Alfonso Soriano Nationals Bat
From his 40/40/40 season, photomatched, and one of the best Soriano bats around, plus PSA/DNA 9.5. Thanks Andrew!

Enjoy!

3arod13
12-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Here are a few from my collection:

2002-03 Craig Biggio Astros Bat
Astros clubhouse people are known for wipping off a lot of Biggio's tar when the bat get out. This one made it uncracked and unwiped.

1995 Jerry Goff Astros Bat
One of my favorite Astros bats because it has great eye appeal.

1992 Juan Guerrero Astros Bat
Not the biggest star, but he sure knew how to add the tar and tape.

1992 Pete Incaviglia Astros Bat
Someone asked for it, and here it is. He did pur tar on everything he used, and especially this bat. I have never seen another one like this.

And last but not least (but not from my Astros Collection),

2006 Alfonso Soriano Nationals Bat
From his 40/40/40 season, photomatched, and one of the best Soriano bats around, plus PSA/DNA 9.5. Thanks Andrew!

Enjoy!

WOW! THOSE ARE SOME AWESOME GAMERS! REALLY NICE!!

metsbats
12-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Not a lot of tar by modern day standards but old Keith could always give George Brett a run for his money in the 80's when it came to using pine tar.

David

big10champ
12-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Doug Mientkiewicz

AROD313
12-22-2007, 10:52 PM
This is the most tar I have ever seen on an Arod bat it's sweeeet! Also have a couple nice Vladimir Guerrero bats he's always good for some Tar. Great thread!

Game Used Bats
12-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Hi AROD313,

Can you please contact me at Richardsona742@aol.com. I have a question I would like to ask you regarding one of your bats.

Thanks,

Anthony

bagbig
12-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Are the Vlad Guerrero bats or the Arod bat for sale???

gameused
12-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Vladimir Guerrero and Wily Mo Pena:

joecoco
12-24-2007, 10:54 AM
great bats guys!
the astros clubhouse attendants use to wipe off the pine tar
before the bats got out! :( what the heck is the reason for that?
I wonder if any other clubhouse attendants do that? yankees?
likely not seeing the posada bats.... joe

eGameUsed
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I think it was just for Biggio bats. I heard it from Astros team personnel. He might have even done it himself. Biggio is not the friendliest for game used collectors. I think he started collecting items from his career for his family maybe 5 to 7 years ago. He sort-of frowns upon people like me. There are some items, such as my 1990 Biggio Home and 1999 Biggio Home that he really gave me a nasty look at.

frikativ54
12-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Biggio is not the friendliest for game used collectors....He sort-of frowns upon people like me. There are some items, such as my 1990 Biggio Home and 1999 Biggio Home that he really gave me a nasty look at.

Wow!?!? What is the reason for him frowning on game used collectors?
It just seems a bit odd; players should be happy that people admire them enough to collect their g/u items. What happened?

Nnunnari
12-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Here's my A-Rod gamer from '03, covered in tar and mota stick

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g30/nunnari19/L1000405.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g30/nunnari19/L1000406.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g30/nunnari19/L1000407.jpg

eGameUsed
12-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow!?!? What is the reason for him frowning on game used collectors?
It just seems a bit odd; players should be happy that people admire them enough to collect their g/u items. What happened?

Leslie,

I honestly have no idea. My only theory is that he has become a collector of his own personal items in recent years. I know three other people (that purchased bats from me) that had the same experience when getting their bats signed. He usually gives off a very negative vibe and will often place a very small signature. Puzzles me, but that is how he is!

Thanks,

frikativ54
12-26-2007, 04:32 AM
Leslie,

I honestly have no idea. My only theory is that he has become a collector of his own personal items in recent years. I know three other people (that purchased bats from me) that had the same experience when getting their bats signed. He usually gives off a very negative vibe and will often place a very small signature. Puzzles me, but that is how he is!

Thanks,

Is he like that only with game used items, or just in general? I met Bidge once when I was at what is now Chase Field in Arizona. He was nice enough to sign a ball for me, but seemed quite brusque. Is that just the way he is?

joecoco
12-26-2007, 11:41 PM
the pride of my collection:D

Jags Fan Dan
03-06-2008, 09:29 AM
I just wanted to bump this thread back up, as I love the pounded bat photos!

joecoco
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
jewel of my collection:)

zookerman182
03-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Just got this in today. Has been my holy grail ever since i saw it almost a year and a half ago. Its graded 9.5 by psa and also photomatched.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/zookerman182/P3060001.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/zookerman182/P3060003.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/zookerman182/P3060005.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/zookerman182/P3060004.jpg

woodbat
03-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Here is a Mike DiFelice AD bat from his 2002 Cardinal days.
Don
woodbat@bellsouth.net

shoremen44
03-07-2008, 07:33 AM
While it's not puonded like some of the others... My Pujols is one of my favorties, and has great use for one of his bats

indyred
05-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Bump for some new one's...

Rob L
05-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Josh Arhart bat. He was with the Devil Rays minor league system for the last several years. His dad is a friend of mine.

Jags Fan Dan
05-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Here is my Chris Stynes. It's riddled with clete marks and the bat was pounded until the grain separated too much to use anymore.

Fnazxc0114
05-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Hank Blalock G/U Bat

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/jgrogers1978/aprilmay2008094.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/jgrogers1978/aprilmay2008093.jpg

joecoco
06-15-2008, 02:04 PM
i just wanted to bump back this thread as i love seeing completely destroyed bats! let's see all the grain swelling, stich marks, ball marks and thick gobs of pine tar guys!! oh man, i am getting excited, i think i need professional help.... joe

shoremen44
06-15-2008, 07:06 PM
My Tino Martinez game used Pujols bat

CampWest
06-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Aaron Guiel bat, though it appears to have been used by his former teammate, Abraham Nunez, based on the markings on the knob.

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/GuielFull.jpg

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/GuielKnob.jpg

Sheffield11
06-25-2008, 11:31 PM
I just picked up this beltran gu 07 bat from steiner. It shows tremendous use and has a small crack. i was able to photomatch it to at least 3 games in which beltran got 4 hits a double and 2 RBI. here are the pics. Would love to see other pounded photomatched bats.

eGameUsed
06-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Here is my 2004 Beltran photomatches bat. The photo is from Friday, 8/27/2004. The caption of the photo reads "Carlos Beltran of the Houston Astros hit his 1st of 2 Home Runs of the day versus the Cubs on Friday." Of all the bats I have been able to photomatch, this one is the best! No questions here.

HENMICK44
09-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Joe I Know Your Looking For Mientkiewicz Bats But Do You Have Any You Would Be Willing To Sell???????? henmick44@optonline.net

shoremen44
09-19-2008, 07:24 PM
My heavier tarred bats

'93 Tettleton
'02 Tino Martinez Pujols
Ryan Howard

joecoco
09-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Sorry HENMICK, I don't have too many and patiently waited a few years for my favorite ones to surface. Wish I could be of more help. Great luck- Joe

joecoco
09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
There is currently a nice Mientkiewicz bat up on ebay. I think it has something like 29 days to go? I hope that helps you somewhat:) - Joe

HENMICK44
09-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks Joe, Its A Littel Much Though!!!!!!!!!

joecoco
12-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I know this thread has been done before, but I would love to see the new pounded bats you guys have picked up. You know what I mean, pine tar, seam marks, ball marks, etc.... Happy holidays to all! - Joe Coco

marinersbaseballfan21
12-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Reed Johnson game used Old Hickory!!! By far my favorite bat I own, covered with tar and ball marks!! GREAT thread!!

marinersbaseballfan21
12-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Let's see some more of these bats!!!

camarokids
12-29-2008, 02:38 PM
bump, this thread has been in hiding for awhile....

marinersbaseballfan21
12-29-2008, 03:10 PM
I put these pics on a similar thread, but I'm so excited about this bat I'll put it on here to. Reed Johnson is one of my favorite players, and one of the biggest hustlers in the bigs.

AWA85
12-29-2008, 03:55 PM
You wouldn't think one of my most pounded bats would be a pitchers bat, but I have to say my Bronson Arroyo bat is one of my favorites.

joecoco
02-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Hey guys. A little while ago i posted a thread looking to see all the beaten-up, heavily pine tarred bats out there. I thought I would bring it back as I love to see destroyed bats. Let's see what you all got! Thanks a lot - Joe

panthrotc
02-19-2010, 04:49 PM
96' McGwire Gamer-

Barrel

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/DSC04559.jpg

08' Longoria

Barrel

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/Evan%20Longoria/Memorabilia/98019.jpg

platinum1
02-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Here is my Alexei Ramirez bat.
I just love how it looks

rwoodsbats
02-20-2010, 03:10 AM
One of my Edgar game bats

JMJ24
03-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Here are 2 Vladimir Guerrero bats and a Russell Martin that have a ton of use and a ton of tar.

Jeremy

gameused
03-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Photo matched Dustin Pedroia 2009 blonde LVS P156 bat, bat is hammered with game use and tar. Only two P156 models were made for Pedroia in 2009.

gameused
03-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Photo matched Manny Ramirez 2009 SSK bat, heavy pine tar and hammered with seam impressions on the barrel.

Masimen
03-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Here are a couple of my heavier tarred Posada bats.

Nnunnari
03-07-2010, 10:36 PM
sweet vlad bats Jeremy!

JMJ24
03-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Nick-
Thanks. Here is another Vladimir Guerrero and 2 Manny Ramirez bats with nice tar and heavy use. Vlad's career homerun #375

Jeremy

Nnunnari
03-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Nice bats, how many Vlads do you have?

JMJ24
03-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Nice bats, how many Vlads do you have?

Nick -
Those are the only three that I have but always looking for more!

Jeremy

Nnunnari
03-09-2010, 02:36 AM
very nice finds Jeremy, Vlad's one of my all-time favorites and unfortunately there's alot of phony bats of his out there, those are legit!

Manram
03-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Photo matched Dustin Pedroia 2009 blonde LVS P156 bat, bat is hammered with game use and tar. Only two P156 models were made for Pedroia in 2009.

Bobby,

This pedroia bat is amazing. Never seen one with as much use, and greta pine tar. As usual great bo sox pick up

AWA85
03-16-2010, 10:48 PM
A bat that I overpaid for because of all the use, probably will never part with it due to the price paid. If only the player ended up as being as great as the bat.

Wily Mo Pena bat, even has a little grass still attached to the tar.

thegoodz15
03-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Nick Swisher-licious

thegoodz15
03-17-2010, 09:09 PM
1965 Mickey Mantle vintage pounded use D113 with letter from NY Yankees

thegoodz15
03-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Roberto Clemente vintage Forbes Field poundage

thegoodz15
03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
The nicest A-Rod hammered to death with plenty of pine tar over the label

thegoodz15
03-17-2010, 09:12 PM
David Wright - 15" of delicious pine tar; perfect DW gamer

thegoodz15
03-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Robinson Cano - one of the nicest rookie Cano bats to be found

justinbittner220
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM
JMJ24,
Contact me. I just joined to get some info. lol I promise I'm not a stalker. How'd you verify the HR 375 bat? I have a couple hammered Vlad bats too. justinbittner220@hotmail.com

CampWest
06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
If you ever get to KC for a Royals game, make sure you go to the Royals HOF display in Left Field. The highlight is the bat and ball from George Brett's 3000th hit - as a GU collector, viewing this bat is worth the admission to the stadium - especially if you get the $8 seats. This is the most annhialated disgusting bat I have ever come across. Its beautiful. Compare that to Gwynn changing bats every hit. This thing is just a dream... I'd sell everything I own (TVs, appliances, furniture, clothes) to get this bat - if it ever were for sale... This thing is way more tarred than the "pine tar incident" bat.

Bad cell phone pics, but you get the idea. I'll have to take my camera some day and get good pics of it.

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/brett3000hithandle.jpg

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/brett3000hitbarrel.jpg

MichaelofSF
06-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Wes,
not necessarily a better pic, but here is Brett's 3000 hit bat from when it was in his restaurant. As far as baseball goes, this would be my holy grail item as well

spartanservitto
06-16-2010, 10:44 PM
The best Texas Arod gamer I have ever seen....

spartanservitto
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with gamers assesment here.This is not a regular season game used bat.Although even though it's a spring training/BP bat i would give my left arm to have it!Very nice bat!
jon

I love that blonde manny bat, BP or not, beautiful bat.

-Tony

spartanservitto
06-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Here is Castillo gamer from a while back... pretty amazing use.

Krausmann
06-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Here's my 65-72 Norm Cash gamer. Loads of pine tar. - Tom

vdsporty25
06-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Here is my Edgar Martinez 1996 gamer with moderate to heavy application of pine tar on the handle and lower barrel...

vdsporty25
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Pedroia gamer from 2008 that fits both criteria for this thread so I thought I would post ...

tylerkent22
07-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Albert Pujols Game Used Bat

Masimen
07-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Posada 09 Mizuno. Still super sticky.

Masimen
10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
And another Posada. This one from this year.

danny_0_6
10-13-2010, 09:37 AM
This Is My 09 Posada Lvs 125th Anniversary Lots Of Tar And Cleat Marks.

danny_0_6
10-13-2010, 09:38 AM
have to resize the pic

danny_0_6
10-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Lets Try This Again ...

thegoodz15
10-13-2010, 07:02 PM
hey danny, can you please let me know if your jorge posada game used bat is for sale...thanx so much......you can find some of my bats on this thread also...thegoodz15....thanx scott...email..thegoodz15@aol

kudu
10-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Xavier Nady Padres era bat

tigerdale
10-14-2010, 06:15 AM
a pudge gamer from april of this season (2010)...tons of cleat marks all around the barrell & so much tar it covered all the tape...its thick!!....

yankees506
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Thought id give this a bump, swisher A's pounded bat

Masimen
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
My latest Posada. This one is Nasty!

gameused
12-06-2010, 03:45 PM

Steve,

That's one heck of a bat....I just love the way Posada slathers on pine tar.

Great pick up.....Bobby

joecoco
12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Great looking Posada bat! I just picked up the top two Glaus bats at the top of the pic and a recent Royals Mientkiewicz bat (my favorite player)

Masimen
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Great looking Posada bat! I just picked up the top two Glaus bats at the top of the pic and a recent Royals Mientkiewicz bat (my favorite player)

Sometimes I think Glaus and Mientkewicz give Posada a run for his money in the Pine tar department. Nice pickups!

AutographAddiction
12-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Speaking of Glaus...

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/1234tls/IMG_18091.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/1234tls/IMG_1818.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/1234tls/IMG_1813.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/1234tls/IMG_18201-1.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/1234tls/2010-12-5h.jpg

tigerdale
12-10-2010, 01:57 PM
what an awesome bat!!!!!!!!!!

panthrotc
12-12-2010, 12:24 AM
2001 HR McGwire
Mota Tar
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/576003.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/576001.jpg

JMJ24
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
I thought I would give this thread another bump and share some more heavily used bats.

Jeremy

3arod13
12-12-2011, 04:24 AM
I thought I would give this thread another bump and share some more heavily used bats.

Jeremy

Nice bats! Love seeing bats with so much use on them!

gameused
12-12-2011, 05:28 PM
David Ortiz 2011 Marucci bat. Ortiz clubbed a total of 3 HR's in August with this bat.

22nd HR (371 career) 8/8/11 vs Twins
23rd HR (372 career) 8/10/11 vs Twins
24th HR (373 career) 8/12/11 vs Mariners (video matched)

Thanks, Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

gorilla777
12-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Here are a few,

Johnny Bench 1970
George Brett '87-'89
Robinson Cano '05 Rookie
Johnny Bench 1976
Johnny Bench Rookie
George Brett '77

cammy collector
12-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm going to ask a stupid question.. I see a lot of these bats are described as having "cleat marks". I'm wondering how a bat gets cleat marks on it? The only thing I can think of is the cleats are in the bat bag with the bat?

ironmanfan
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm going to ask a stupid question.. I see a lot of these bats are described as having "cleat marks". I'm wondering how a bat gets cleat marks on it? The only thing I can think of is the cleats are in the bat bag with the bat?

Cleat marks are generally there from a player knocking the barrel of the bat against his cleats to clean them out (Cal Ripken was known to do this often).

BULBUS
12-13-2011, 12:33 PM

Players bang the bat on their cleats (kick the bat) to knock the dirt/maud out of their cleats, thus leaving indents in the bat.

maverick14
12-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Cleat marks are generally there from a player knocking the barrel of the bat against his cleats to clean them out (Cal Ripken was known to do this often).

Brett Gardner does this alot as well. I have 2 Gardner bats and the handles have been beaten on his cleats relentlessly.

godwulf
12-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I'll have to dig out my two Johnny Estrada bats, that I bought in 2006 - he used them in Arizona that year - and post some photos. The pine tar is so deep on these things, I swear it is still sticky after more than five years. I have a bat Luis Gonzalez used in LA that is almost as bad.

coletrain98
02-26-2013, 11:06 PM
here are a couple of Luis Jimenez bats lots of tape and tar

coletrain98
02-26-2013, 11:07 PM
forgot 1

3arod13
02-27-2013, 07:48 AM
2009 Alex Rodriguez Game Used Bat.

CampWest
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
This thread seemed the best place to share this video, relating to the application of pine tar to a bat... :D :p

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25645247&topic_id=&c_id=kc&tcid=vpp_copy_25645247&v=3