PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers game bats

cjclong
06-26-2006, 03:59 PM
I almost never see any curent Texas Rangers players game used bats for sale. Does anyone know why? I see bats from players of almost every other team listed often.

suave1477
06-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Texas has a baseball team get out of town when did that happen?

JUST KIDDING I COULDNT RESIST!!:D :D

whirl
06-26-2006, 06:41 PM
The team has made bats available at the stadium gift shops (usually priced at or above what you can find them for from most dealers). When I was there last month I saw a Blalock, Mench and one or two others in one gift shop and several Juan Gonzalez bats which I swear were there the year before. They also make around four bats available for sale at their charity auction tables during games. Last year the bats were auction items; this year they were selling for $250 each regardless of player. I picked up a Soriano, Texeira and Young which all showed great use. I understand they have a fanfest type of garage sale once a year. Perhaps this is one of the few ways the team releases the bats, so fans not dealers get most of them.

indyred
06-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Did Meigray deal in any of the Rangers bats, or was it strickly jerseys they got from them? I know they are one of the teams that sells stuff at the stadium. Is there a thread with master list of teams that sell there own stuff at there games? If not one should be made for the board.