PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Tadahito Iguchi Game-Worn? Signed White Sox Jersey (MLB Hologram)

platinum1
02-17-2010, 12:13 AM
American Memorabilia has a 2006 Tadahito Iguchi jersey up for auction with the strip tag that doesn't have a set #. Instead it has the jersey #.
They claim the jersey is game worn but when you pull up the hologram number the jersey is just a signed jersey from 2006.
In what game did he use it when the jersey was signed on Feb 23rd 2006?
This is proof that the White Sox jerseys that dont have set # are used for autographs and are never game worn.
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55529&aucsearch=white sox&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Hologram number MR925141 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under JERSEYS.
Session Product Description: SIGNED JERSEY

Session Name: WHITE SOX SPRING TRAINING SIGNING
Session Date: Feburary 23, 2006
Autographer: TADAHITO IGUCHI
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BLACK JERSEY

WadeInBmore
02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Edgar...

Thanks for keeping us all informed and educated on this grey area on white sox jerseys. Dave M's as well as your info and opinion on Sox gamers are greatly appreciated and have kept many of us from making an ill-advised purchase.

wade

platinum1
02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Edgar...

Thanks for keeping us all informed and educated on this grey area on white sox jerseys. Dave M's as well as your info and opinion on Sox gamers are greatly appreciated and have kept many of us from making an ill-advised purchase.

wade
No Problem I love posting here.
I dont know alot like Dave does but I try to help

karamaxjoe
02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
This is proof that the White Sox jerseys that dont have set # are used for autographs and are never game worn.

Edgar,

I don't think I'd go as far as to say these have never been worn in game action. I'd also like to say that I'd never buy one either.

Without hard proof from a clubhouse employee that these jerseys were made for promotional purposes only, I'm guessing they could have been possibly worn. I've seen these jerseys as early as 2002 in a number of auctions and even MEARS has graded some A10. I went back and forth with Troy from MEARS about this grade and they were confident giving the grade based on a Sox Charity letter from Rob Gallas. We also know these letters are quite generic and probably suspect to fraud if copied.

Again, I'd never buy one since it's not too difficult to find others with a set number. I just want hard proof before I can confidently say they were never meant for game action and would never see the field.

platinum1
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Edgar,

I don't think I'd go as far as to say these have never been worn in game action. I'd also like to say that I'd never buy one either.

Without hard proof from a clubhouse employee that these jerseys were made for promotional purposes only, I'm guessing they could have been possibly worn. I've seen these jerseys as early as 2002 in a number of auctions and even MEARS has graded some A10. I went back and forth with Troy from MEARS about this grade and they were confident giving the grade based on a Sox Charity letter from Rob Gallas. We also know these letters are quite generic and probably suspect to fraud if copied.

Again, I'd never buy one since it's not too difficult to find others with a set number. I just want hard proof before I can confidently say they were never meant for game action and would never see the field.
Thats true anything is possible.
But from all the jerseys that I have seen that have the jersey # instead of set # are all brand new.
When I see them at the White Sox garage sell most of them are signed and have MLB holograms and they have multiples of the same jersey.
At the clubhouse sale a couple of months ago they had a couple of Swishers,Iguchi and Loaiza jerseys with the MLB holograms and signed with the jersey #. They claimed all the jerseys where game used but they all looked new to me.
Also I agree with you about the letters being very easy to copy.
I once asked them for some info and they wrote it on the back of a black
C.O.A letter. I could of made multiple copies.