PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Baseballs

joelsabi
02-13-2010, 04:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-JETER-ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-GAME-USED-BASEBALL-YANKEES_W0QQitemZ310199444100QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item483953e284

THEY COME EACH WITH MEARS TAMPER PROOF HOLOGRAM AND SERIAL # STICKER ON THE BALL WHICH ESTABLISHED TEH BALLS AS OFFICIAL YANESS GAME USED BALLS. YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE A COA FROM MEARS. YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE A COA FROM SPORTS COLLECTIBLES AUTHENITCATED WHO HAD TRACED THE HISTORY LETTERS AND PROVENCE IN ESTABLISHING WHICH PLAYERS HIT THESE 2 SPECIFIC BALLS.
DEREK JETER AND AROD!!

Anyone ever heard of Sports Collectible Authenticated? How can they trace it specifically to Jeter and ARod? Also come with a MEARS letter of opionion. This is the first time I have seen a baseball authenticated by MEARS. Thoughts?

David
02-14-2010, 02:18 AM
It would appear that there was other undetailed documentation on the history, etc. Maybe they came from an umpire or someone.

David
02-14-2010, 02:22 AM
I assume MEARS wouldn't have given the COAs without good documentation/provenance.

legaleagle92481
02-16-2010, 12:56 AM
The Mears COA only opines that the balls are game used it does not mention anything about when, where or by whom so it does not give the collector very much to go by. As far as the other company in 20 years of collecting I have never heard of it. I would not touch them with a ten foot pole based on the following. The auction is filled with excessive "puffing". Jeter and Arod the best Yanks ever? Has he not heard of Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio and Mantle? The cited values of the items are beyond ambitious if they were worth as much and such easy resales and going to sjyrocket in the future as he claims why is he selling them so "cheap"? The description is also very confusing and lacking key information, such as in which game (s) the baseballs were used in 2007.