PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for GUU

frikativ54
02-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Hey Guys,

A political forum I used to post on did a good thing that I think GUU should consider. That is, having a banned members official thread, whereby each user who was suspended was cataloged, along with the offense that led to that person's banning.

Having this feature would lead to transparency on the site. For example, for the most recent suspension, it would stay TDKID banned for being the incarnation of the banned user tjm5711. That way, there would be no questions about why a particular forum member was banned.

BTW, I noticed that Genke was finally banned. Were my suspicions about him correct?

Thanks for your consideration about the suggestion. It worked quite well for the site I used to participate on, and I think it would work well on here too.

-Frik

AthleticsFan
02-12-2010, 07:32 PM
All I have to say about this is....

http://www.spooncraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/beat_dead_horse2.jpg

Rossi46
02-12-2010, 08:42 PM
This isn't a political forum, it's a game used forum. Making a list of banned members would be a complete waste of time & pointless in my opinion. What would you gain from knowing why someone has been banned? It's not like your going to be doing business with them through this forum anymore so who cares. Just my 2 cents though.

frikativ54
02-12-2010, 08:48 PM
This isn't a political forum, it's a game used forum.

My suggestion had nothing to do with the nature of the forum. It just has to do with the inevitable frustration of looking through posts and finding someone you know has the word "banned" by his name. Having such a list would prevent all the "Why was so and so banned?" threads, and the "this poster was really that poster" threads.

Vintagedeputy
02-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Ya know, last time we had a mess like this, I volunteered to be the sergeant-at-arms and travel city to city on GUU's dime whipping member's asses when they get out of line.

The offer still stands! :)

cohibasmoker
02-12-2010, 09:10 PM
This isn't a political forum, it's a game used forum. Making a list of banned members would be a complete waste of time & pointless in my opinion. What would you gain from knowing why someone has been banned? It's not like your going to be doing business with them through this forum anymore so who cares. Just my 2 cents though.

Since the economy is based on decisions that are being made in Washington and since the hobby is dependent on the economy, how can questions about the economy and/or politics NOT be relevant to the hobby? The solution? A section that members can share their opinions on how the economy is effecting the sports memorabilia industry.

If a separate section would be added, no-one would be forced to visit and/or participate in the section - a member can either participate or they can choose NOT to participate - Freedom of choice at it's finest.

Why not give it a test run? Perhaps 30 days? It would be interesting to see how many people visit the OT section and compare it to the other sections of the forum. As long as personal attacks are kept OUT of the section, the section should be quite spirited.

Just my opinion - hope I didn't offend anyone.

Jim

Rossi46
02-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I think an off topic section is a great idea...every other forum I belong to/read has an off-topic section

metsbats
02-12-2010, 09:17 PM
I can definitely see a ban list on a political forum. In political forums there are so many different points of views and not alot of folks standing on common ground. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It is what it is. Political topics stir tons of emotion especially in today's climate. I've seen family members get really emotional toward each other during heat exchanges regarding politics. So one would not be surprised that there would be a long list of banned users on such a forum.

This was never the type of environment this forum strived to emulate.
We are here to educate one another by sharing game used memorabilia knowledge. We strive to stand on common ground.

I think a ban list on this forum would not be conducive to a harmonious atmosphere and the moderation commitee would like to work towards a day when banishments will be a rare event here.

sportscentury
02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm surprised by the opposition to this suggestion. I see only positives and no negatives from having a banned list published and updated. This site has become downright dangerous with all of the fraud. It is one of the main reasons why some folks hesitate to post here. Publishing/posting a banned list is not unique to political fora, I assure you. Other sports collectibles websites do this, as well. HobbyKings, which is, by far, the most popular and successful basketball card website/forum has done this since day one, and it has really helped members to be informed, feel secure, and protect themselves. I can't help but wonder why certain members would be so dead-set against this idea. Hmmm...

sammy
02-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Two things I think this forum needs.

1) A separate section for just thoughts, opinions, or whatever.

2) The ability to edit one's own posting. At times members post in the heat of whatever and regret or want to change the things stated. I see the moderators have this ability and use it frequently on their own posts. The old forum had this capability, and being able to do this would stop a lot of junk from being followed up on.

The owners should listen to the ones who make this forum valuable. An OT section is the number one suggestion that has been made over and over.

We don't have this drama on the autograph forum.

sportscentury
02-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Two things I think this forum needs.

1) A separate section for just thoughts, opinions, or whatever.

2) The ability to edit one's own posting. At times members post in the heat of whatever and regret or want to change the things stated. I see the moderators have this ability and use it frequently on their own posts. The old forum had this capability, and being able to do this would stop a lot of junk from being followed up on.

The owners should listen to the ones who make this forum valuable. An OT section is the number one suggestion that has been made over and over.

We don't have this drama on the autograph forum.

I realize this is not a democracy, but I bet that if we took a vote, the overwhelming majority would be in favor of being able to edit posts.

TNTtoys
02-12-2010, 10:19 PM
OK guys... you put up 2 suggestions, so I will do my best to address them.

1. Ability to edit posts
To be honest, I do not know the complete pros and cons with this one. I do know that there was a reason why we were never allowed this before. So what I can do is take this one to the Admins and find out the reasons why this was never allowed, and if there truly is a risk behind post editing, I will stand by their original decision not to allow it. If there is no risk, I will ask that we discuss it within the committee and provide a group response.

2. Banned list
My feelings are that there is no place for such a list here. It seems that it would promote negativity and become the "train wreck" that everyone goes to on order to find out who got banned, why, etc. I don't generally like the gossip. I think we should be a bit more mature.
BUT I am only 1 in a group of 7 (5 moderators and 2 admins). I have no problem discussing this in a committee. So, if you want democracy, you got it. I can only promise you that the idea (or any idea for that matter) gets consideration & is discussed fairly.

metsbats
02-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Points taken.

1) OT or General Discussion section
2) Ability to edit posts

and

3) Ban List

We will take these into consideration.

allstarsplus
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I realize this is not a democracy, but I bet that if we took a vote, the overwhelming majority would be in favor of being able to edit posts.

I am involved in other Blog/Forum's where the Admin will make certain edits for you. I think some level of editing is good and helpful.

I think most agree an OT section would be great as it would clean up the Game Used Discussion area and get it back to what it was meant to be.

sammy
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
"I do know that there was a reason why we were never allowed this before."

Maybe this was before your time, but when the original GUF was started by Eric, the ability to edit one's own post was available to all members and used by many.

It was halted and not incorporated in the new GUU when the original forum was sold. Many members from the old forum complained to the new owners, but like many suggestions, this too fell on deaf ears.

allstarsplus
02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
"I do know that there was a reason why we were never allowed this before."

Maybe this was before your time, but when the original GUF was started by Eric, the ability to edit one's own post was available to all members and used by many.

It was halted and not incorporated in the new GUU when the original forum was sold. Many members from the old forum complained to the new owners, but like many suggestions, this too fell on deaf ears.

Are you sure, I was there from the beginning with Eric and don't recall anyone but Eric who did edits at first. Maybe Eric can let us in on some history.

frikativ54
02-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm surprised by the opposition to this suggestion. I see only positives and no negatives from having a banned list published and updated. This site has become downright dangerous with all of the fraud. It is one of the main reasons why some folks hesitate to post here. Publishing/posting a banned list is not unique to political fora, I assure you. Other sports collectibles websites do this, as well. HobbyKings, which is, by far, the most popular and successful basketball card website/forum has done this since day one, and it has really helped members to be informed, feel secure, and protect themselves. I can't help but wonder why certain members would be so dead-set against this idea. Hmmm...

I couldn't agree more. On this forum, I have had the experience of people creating second and third accounts to bait and attack me. While these members may get banned, without knowing who they are and their connection to past members, I simply don't feel safe. This site is becoming more adversarial by the day; why not put our minds at ease with transparency about banned members?

chakes89
02-12-2010, 10:51 PM
How about a ban list in a locked thread or a section of the site where only admins and mod can post?

sportscentury
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
How about a ban list in a locked thread or a section of the site where only admins and mod can post?

Right. This is how it has worked successfully on the other collecting fora I referenced. Certainly not a good idea to make this an open thread. Again, I don't see a reason to not have it. Regardless of the ultimate decision, though, to see the strong negative reactions to this idea from some junior/newer members did raise my eyebrows a bit.

Rossi46
02-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Right. This is how it has worked successfully on the other collecting fora I referenced. Certainly not a good idea to make this an open thread. Again, I don't see a reason to not have it. Regardless of the ultimate decision, though, to see the strong negative reactions to this idea from some junior/newer members did raise my eyebrows a bit.
Sportscentury....The last part of your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...It's a matter of personal opinion whether or not I think it's a good idea. If someone is already banned, who cares what the reason is. They did something against forum rules and that's it. There no longer going to be a part of the forum so what good comes out of it talking about them. Just because this is my opinion and I'm a newer member makes me a crook if your eyes? Sorry but I don't see the correlation. I've had a number of flawless transactions with senior members on here. Maybe you should think before you make negative accusations that you have no right making.

chakes89
02-13-2010, 12:43 AM
A list of all banned members along with their REAL NAMES would be very beneficial to the collecting world.

Especially if a person was banned for selling fake items or was caught faking autographs or doctoring game used equipment.

People don't leave the hobby if they are banned from GUU, they just look for other places to try and sell their crap

Rossi46
02-13-2010, 12:53 AM
A list of all banned members along with their REAL NAMES would be very beneficial to the collecting world.

Especially if a person was banned for selling fake items or was caught faking autographs or doctoring game used equipment.

People don't leave the hobby if they are banned from GUU, they just look for other places to try and sell their crap

To me that makes perfect sense.....I would be in favor of the list since you put it that way...I guess my thought was if you start a thread about banned members, someone might start a new thread asking about what exactly happened. They might want all the details and turn a un-needed thread into a bashing gossip thread, that's all.

bigtruck260
02-13-2010, 04:43 AM
The ability to edit one's own posting. At times members post in the heat of whatever and regret or want to change the things stated. I see the moderators have this ability and use it frequently on their own posts.

Agreed - The mods have always been able to edit typos, etc.

I understand why there is no edit feature, but I'm sure some of us would like to make corrections occasionally. I know I would.

Vintagedeputy
02-13-2010, 07:10 AM

I like this... makes perfect sense.

dcrules01
02-13-2010, 04:15 PM
I personally do not like the idea of a list of banned members. Why focus on that when the board is heading in a better direction. The moderators are here I am sure they have the list and if actions need to be taking they will come through. People can disagree but as long as you respect another opinion that differs from yours there should be no problem.

I personally do not mind the no edit feature. It holds people accountable for there actions. Think before you speak my father always told me.I stayed out of the threads that were no good for the board. They served no purpose to me and I am not about to get into an argument with a computer screen. We are all here for the purpose of sharing our knowledge and collections. The 5 new mods will do a superb job and I am sure they will encounter a few speed bumps along the way. They have my support ..

sox83cubs84
02-13-2010, 04:31 PM
I still would be in favor of a LIMITED edit feature, such as on Newsvine. With that, your post is held on screen for 3 minutes to allow you to check for typos, misspelling, poor choices of words, etc. Any edits must be made in that 3-minute time frame, if not, the post goes up as is and is no longer subject to editing. It would help people correct legitimate errors without allowing the post to be deleted or altered after being posted.

Dave M.
Chicago area

ham1963
02-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Here is what the silent majorty thinks Who cares let just talk aboput game used collecting.:)

allstarsplus
02-13-2010, 04:45 PM
I personally do not like the idea of a list of banned members. Why focus on that when the board is heading in a better direction. The moderators are here I am sure they have the list and if actions need to be taking they will come through. People can disagree but as long as you respect another opinion that differs from yours there should be no problem.

I personally do not mind the no edit feature. It holds people accountable for there actions. Think before you speak my father always told me.I stayed out of the threads that were no good for the board. They served no purpose to me and I am not about to get into an argument with a computer screen. We are all here for the purpose of sharing our knowledge and collections. The 5 new mods will do a superb job and I am sure they will encounter a few speed bumps along the way. They have my support ..

Scott - Great points and thanks for the messages you sent me. I went through a few banned members and I couldn't tell you why some of them were banned unless I researched and why rehash it. The main thing is improving the Forum for the future.

When Yankees.Stub was banned, Vic Fanatic wasn't his real name. What could really be told about him or Genke or Posada20 or NYCRulesU or Hyl or TJM5711 or the rest of them that were banned.

To me, a Banned List may cause a lot of unwanted speculation and drama and problematic posts that could lead to inaccuracies.

Again, these are my own personal opinions. I have been outspoken myself before with my opinions as I want to see the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion category return to Game Used Discussions and move the OT items to its own section.

I think yesterday alone there was good progress. Thanks again!

allstarsplus
02-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Here is what the silent majorty thinks Who cares let just talk aboput game used collecting.:)

Exactly, which is why we need the OT section!

both-teams-played-hard
02-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Exactly, which is why we need the OT section!

An OT section would ruin this forum forever. There is already an OT section...every other message board and forum on the internet.
I think some of you are cool dudes with a lot of knowledge. I could care less about your religious views, your bank account, your car, your job, what dog breed you think is best, your pick for the Oscar, your favorite song, Mac or Windows, boxers or briefs, a good recipe for a fried banana sandwich, etc.

Is the purpose of this forum to gain the most readership or to share the knowledge of game used sports memorabilia?

kellsox
02-13-2010, 05:11 PM
An OT section would ruin this forum forever. There is already an OT section...every other message board and forum on the internet.
I think some of you are cool dudes with a lot of knowledge. I could care less about your religious views, your bank account, your car, your job, what dog breed you think is best, your pick for the Oscar, your favorite song, Mac or Windows, boxers or briefs, a good recipe for a fried banana sandwich, etc.

Is the purpose of this forum to gain the most readership or to share the knowledge of game used sports memorabilia?

What? You don't want to go on GUU and see pictures of people's houses in snow?;)

Vintagedeputy
02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
............boxers or briefs

What about those who go commando?

TNTtoys
02-13-2010, 06:31 PM
I still would be in favor of a LIMITED edit feature, such as on Newsvine. With that, your post is held on screen for 3 minutes to allow you to check for typos, misspelling, poor choices of words, etc. Any edits must be made in that 3-minute time frame, if not, the post goes up as is and is no longer subject to editing. It would help people correct legitimate errors without allowing the post to be deleted or altered after being posted.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Dave,

I am in conversation with the other mods as to why the edit feature was not enabled, and there have been some valuable points made.

One even suggested a similar "few-minute" edit time-frame. If this is possible, it sounds like a good compromise as to how to get rid of typos, etc.

Personally, I think the preview pane works well for this, because if a person is so concerned over typos that they re-read their post the minute or two after making it, they really should be previewing it first. Either way, they get to re-read their post before "committing."

But thanks for the suggestion. I wanted you to know that you weren't the first to come up with it.

Nick

TNTtoys
02-13-2010, 06:35 PM

Warren,

My thoughts on this one is that the game used memorabilia discussion lately contains more than its share of off topic posts. If we were to move all of these into a discussion board of their own, we can leave the GU memorabilia section for game used memorabilia only. This might be a plus for the purists, as they do not have to sift through all of the side topics.

I also think that when it comes down to a democratic vote, most people here seem to prefer the 'off topic' section.

Nick

both-teams-played-hard
02-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Warren,

My thoughts on this one is that the game used memorabilia discussion lately contains more than its share of off topic posts. If we were to move all of these into a discussion board of their own, we can leave the GU memorabilia section for game used memorabilia only. This might be a plus for the purists, as they do not have to sift through all of the side topics.

I also think that when it comes down to a democratic vote, most people here seem to prefer the 'off topic' section.

Nick

Nick
You make good points, and it's not my decision. You guys have a tough job, and I'm sure you will make the right choices.

Warren

chakes89
02-13-2010, 07:05 PM

You wouldn't have to read any of that stuff if you don't want to.

Why is this such an issue?

If you don't want to read something, DON'T READ IT.

Why are people so afraid of change?

soxbats
02-13-2010, 08:15 PM

Long time member here, avid reader, infrequent poster and totally discouraged and frustrated by the devolution of what was once a fabulous and valuable site. I TOTALLY AGREE with the above comment. If you don't want to discuss GU, do me and a number of silent or almost silent fans of what this site was and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

There was a time when a number of people with tremendous knowledge and understanding of the game used industry posted on this site. Go back and look at the old site and some of the wonderful and informative posts that were posted. In depth discussions of labeling and tagging. I have been collecting GU for 25 years and I learned more in the last 5 years from this site than I ever knew before. There are people like Jim and Mike that for no cost dig through bat records to help collectors.

Many of the people with the most knowledge have been driven from this site. Were these people perfect, of course not. Could they be frustrating, absolutely. Yet we all have witnessed a zelot like zeal to attack, demean and drive people from this site. Many of you might not realize it, but it has come at a tremendous cost to all of us and this forum.

Why in the world should our moderators who perform this job for free be charged with moderating an off topic forum? Why should we be encouraging people visiting this forum to engage in such discussion when many have repeatedly demonstrated a total and utter inability to exercise civil discourse on even the most basic topics? Posting a list of reasons why people were banned, another horrible idea in my opinion. It could be defamatory and will lead to even more gossiping and back stabbing.

Paticipating in this forum is a privilege not a right and you should leave it better than when you left. If everyone tried to look at it as an opportunity to build something, whether by offering knowledge or information, it would be a better place. I hope that the moderators exercise a very heavy pen editing the irrelevant and rule this place with an iron fist, banning all those who don't live by Eric's credo. I also hope that the Moderators consider reaching out to those who have been driven away and encourage them to return with the promise of a more civil discussion.

dcrules01
02-13-2010, 08:23 PM
I will agree with chakes. I did not participate in any of the threads were a lot of the problems arose that was my option.An off topic section would not hurt. It comes down to varying opinions in everyday events that are not related to Game Used items. If you did not wanna participate in that section that would be your option. Change is good it helps everyone grow. For example Haiti earthquake, the recent snowstorms, mlb off season transactions. It never hurts to try something new. It would eliminate any clutter in the game used section. On another board we have that as we also have each sport broken down in there own sections mlb,NFL,NHL and NBA...

metsbats
02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Warren,

Nick

I've been looking at other forums and belong to a couple that do have an OT section where folks can post about weather, current events (in fact one forum has a "current events" section),etc.

The best thing is folks can discuss OT subject matter in it's own section which will not clutter up the other game used sections.

Another thing to consider is alot folks have formed friendships here and the fact that they want an OT section and not just talk game used can be taken as a positive sign of these bonds which have formed.

sportscentury
02-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Sportscentury....The last part of your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...It's a matter of personal opinion whether or not I think it's a good idea. If someone is already banned, who cares what the reason is. They did something against forum rules and that's it. There no longer going to be a part of the forum so what good comes out of it talking about them. Just because this is my opinion and I'm a newer member makes me a crook if your eyes? Sorry but I don't see the correlation. I've had a number of flawless transactions with senior members on here. Maybe you should think before you make negative accusations that you have no right making.

I assume that you meant to say, "They're no longer going to be a part of the forum..."

This statement is naive at best. Have you been following GUU at all? Folks who have been banned come back again and again with new fraudulent userids. So, your assertion is false. Also, who said anything about "talking about them?" The proposal is to have a published list of banned users. Period. End. No discussion. It would be a closed/locked forum that is accessible only to Forum Moderators. I suggest more reading and thinking and less writing. Whether the new forum moderators endorse the suggestion is irrelevent to the merit of Frik's suggestion. The suggestion is good and stands on its own. To oppose it so strongly is odd and instills suspicion in some of us who have been here from the beginning watching the site's unfortunate evolution. Frik is not liked by several GUU members, but when she makes a legitimate suggestion, it is important that we have an intellectual rather than emotional response to it.

MichaelofSF
02-14-2010, 03:47 PM
I can understand the desire that many forum members have for an edit feature. However, everyone already has an ability to edit posts before publishing. This feature is called the preview post button. Typos suck as at some time almost everybody encounters one, I get it. The forum might be a better place if we all took advantage of this feature. The preview post gives one a chance to think about if one really want to post what they have written... time to think before "speaking."

The inabilty to edit keeps us accountable for what we write.

Rossi46
02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I assume that you meant to say, "They're no longer going to be a part of the forum..."

This statement is naive at best. Have you been following GUU at all? Folks who have been banned come back again and again with new fraudulent userids. So, your assertion is false. Also, who said anything about "talking about them?" The proposal is to have a published list of banned users. Period. End. No discussion. It would be a closed/locked forum that is accessible only to Forum Moderators. I suggest more reading and thinking and less writing. Whether the new forum moderators endorse the suggestion is irrelevent to the merit of Frik's suggestion. The suggestion is good and stands on its own. To oppose it so strongly is odd and instills suspicion in some of us who have been here from the beginning watching the site's unfortunate evolution. Frik is not liked by several GUU members, but when she makes a legitimate suggestion, it is important that we have an intellectual rather than emotional response to it.

I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bad idea. Looks like plenty of other long time members feel the same way.

frikativ54
02-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Whether the new forum moderators endorse the suggestion is irrelevent to the merit of Frik's suggestion. The suggestion is good and stands on its own. To oppose it so strongly is odd and instills suspicion in some of us who have been here from the beginning watching the site's unfortunate evolution.

Thank you. The Banned List would be set up so that only moderators and admins could reply to it. All it would include is a list of banned members, sort of like the following:

TDKID banned for being the reincarnation of tjm5711.
Hyl banned for spamming the boards.

The information contained is all very factual and would preempt members from posting "Why did he get banned?" threads. The information would all be contained in one thread where only mods could post.

Frik is not liked by several GUU members, but when she makes a legitimate suggestion, it is important that we have an intellectual rather than emotional response to it.Life is not a popularity contest. Given some of the personalities on this board, I am hardly saddened to not be liked by some of the characters on here. Especially given the conservative nature of many on the GUU.

But I would second the suggestion to not oppose this idea just because I am the one who suggested it. It's a good suggestion and works well on other boards I've been a part of. It ought to be implemented here.

CollectGU
02-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Thank you. The Banned List would be set up so that only moderators and admins could reply to it. All it would include is a list of banned members, sort of like the following:

TDKID banned for being the reincarnation of tjm5711.
Hyl banned for spamming the boards.

The information contained is all very factual and would preempt members from posting "Why did he get banned?" threads. The information would all be contained in one thread where only mods could post.

So the usefulness of the list would be to notify members of why someone was banned in order to avoid the why were they banned threads? LOL..And so now the hottest thread going on the forum is the thread discussing the validity of a banned list. Does anyone else see the comedy here? Stop the insanity!

Dave

xpress34
02-14-2010, 04:50 PM
The inabilty to edit keeps us accountable for what we write.

Michael -

I agree with being accountable for what we write, BUT... the EDIT Feature would be well served in he Collector to Collector Forum so you could edit prices, what had sold, what is still available,etc without having to bump your CtoC thread everytime you sell something or what to change a price, etc.

All the best -

Chris

dcrules01
02-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I personally am not worried about why someone is banned and the story behind it. I belong to a few message boards and have never seen a banned list and I am a moderator of one of them. If someone gets banned there is a reason for it but to create a thread so members can see why that member was banned has nothing to do for what this board is about. It goes along with the edit feature and the reason there is not one. Members are accountable for there actions and as Michael said that is what the preview button is for before you post. But Chris does have a nice point in the buy sell thread as far as updating prices and items that are no longer available.

karamaxjoe
02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that we will all not agree on things here. Let's just let the fantastic five clean things up and get on with our lives.

If you really want to impress me, give the old knowledgeable members a reason to return. Hell, even the creator doesn't frequent his creation anymore. What does that tell you?

metsbats
02-14-2010, 08:01 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that we will all not agree on things here. Let's just let the fantastic five clean things up and get on with our lives.

If you really want to impress me, give the old knowledgeable members a reason to return. Hell, even the creator doesn't frequent his creation anymore. What does that tell you?

Thank you for all your suggestions. We really appreciate your concerns on how to futher improve the forum member experience. Your Moderation commitee and the Forum sponsors (Chris Cavalier and Mike Specht) are discussing things and will announce decisions on suggestions shortly.

Peace,