PDA

View Full Version : Joe Morgan SF Giants for sale

sox83cubs84
02-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Offered is a 1981 black alternate mesh San Francisco Giants jersey worn by #8, Joe Morgan. The black mesh jerseys were worn for both BP and hot weather games. Jersey is by Alpha, with supplier tag in collar. Flagged size tag has washed out, but jersey is estimated to be a size 40, consistent with Morgan gamers of the era. Scripted "Giants" and small "8" on front, and NOB plate of MORGAN and larger 8 on back. All characters are sewn on, all orange with white trim. Wear is moderate. Asking $500 ppd. I cannot send photos, but will answer all questions.

Dave Miedema
sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

Marichal27
02-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Dave...Could you send a few pix? Please email them at cgunnarh2@yahoo.com
Thanks again.

sox83cubs84
02-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Morgan jersey has SOLD.

Dave M.
Chicago area

flaco1801
02-18-2010, 11:09 AM
hi dave... do you collect jerseys??? what is your favorite???.. i remember getting scd in the day and first thing was to look up your column... i still have many of your columns and still refer to them... thanks for all you do...

33bird
02-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Is this the same jersey that BPH has on ebay now?

sox83cubs84
02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
hi dave... do you collect jerseys??? what is your favorite???.. i remember getting scd in the day and first thing was to look up your column... i still have many of your columns and still refer to them... thanks for all you do...

Flaco:

I still collect, but my ciollection is not high value items...I collect jerseys of players whom I've gotten to know at the Chicago ballparks, and also caps and bats given directly to me by them.

Greg:

One and the same.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Marichal27
02-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Is this the same jersey that BPH has on ebay now?
Yes it is. Now that I've seen it, and compared to two others, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole Whole thing is bogus.

jbsportstuff
02-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Yes it is. Now that I've seen it, and compared to two others, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole Whole thing is bogus.
What is wrong with it? This came directly from Dave Miedema a highly respected expert in baseball jerseys.

sox83cubs84
02-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Some consider me an expert, but even experts are only human. After hearing a similar comment off-Forum, Kim and I will work things out on this, and the jersey will be returned to the guy who owns it. I apologize for letting my guard down on this item...I do the best I can, but anyone in the business..me, MEARS, or anyone else...is occasionally gonna get one wrong. I will do what I feel is right...take responsibility for a mental error, take care of Kim, and give it back, with these other findings included, to the original owner, whom I believe was fooled also.

Dave M.
Chicago area

jbsportstuff
02-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Some consider me an expert, but even experts are only human. After hearing a similar comment off-Forum, Kim and I will work things out on this, and the jersey will be returned to the guy who owns it. I apologize for letting my guard down on this item...I do the best I can, but anyone in the business..me, MEARS, or anyone else...is occasionally gonna get one wrong. I will do what I feel is right...take responsibility for a mental error, take care of Kim, and give it back, with these other findings included, to the original owner, whom I believe was fooled also.

Dave M.
Chicago area
Wow. I hadn't really looked closely at the jersey. I would LOVE a Red's Joe Morgan jersey and that is why I wasn't interested in this particular jersey.

I think that taking responsibility is always the right thing to do. That speaks to high principles. :)