PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT - New Moderating Committee

ChrisCavalier
02-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

We are very pleased to announce that an annual committee has been formed to help moderate the forum. The committee of the first annual term will consist of five individuals: David Louie (metsbats), Andrew Lang (allstarsplus), Greg Guy (dcgreg25), Nick DiSalvo (TNTtoys) and Joel Sabalza (joelsabi). All of these individuals are veteran members and have contributed to the forum in many ways. Please welcome them to the moderating committee and join me in thanking them for their assistance and supporting them in their efforts.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded to our request for volunteering for the moderating committee. Many people responded, which is indicative of the fact that people care about the community and are willing to help to continue making this a great place for everyone. Due to the size of the committee, which we believe matches the needs of the forum, choosing the moderating members was a very, very difficult decision because we felt everyone who volunteered would have done a great job. Notably, the annual committee will be refilled each year and there will be opportunities for others to serve. In addition, the current committee will be selecting back-ups from the list of the volunteers to help as soon as they have the opportunity to get everything in place.

This is also a perfect time to extend our sincere appreciation to those who have moderated this forum for the past several years. Their efforts and accomplishments have been tremendous. Moderating forums is far from an easy task. I am sure they welcome a much deserved break J. Mike Specht and I will continue to serve in an advisory role and help where needed.

We are excited to have the new committee to help guide and moderate the forum. We look forward to the forum continuing to grow and be a great resource for collectors.

3arod13
02-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I wish you guys all the best! You have a tough job ahead of you!

Regards, Tony

frikativ54
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
I wish you guys all the best! You have a tough job ahead of you!

Regards, Tony

Figuring out the latest incarnations of serially banned members will be a cumbersome task in and of itself.

Good luck!

3arod13
02-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Figuring out the latest incarnations of serially banned members will be a cumbersome task in and of itself.

Good luck!

Myself, I don't understand this type of behavior. Maybe it's today youth, not sure. As a 50 year old, I see it getting worse and worse each year.

Let's hope for the best. This is a great forum with good people!

Regards, Tony

metsbats
02-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Good luck!

Thanks Frik.

As far as the all the spam we are currently receiving with the lastest banning we ask that you all take the high road and ignore. We know it's hard not to zing back but not getting a reaction from those of us who are here for the right reason, will make the spammer realize his time is being wasted.

karamaxjoe
02-12-2010, 05:14 PM
take the high road and ignore

If members plan to stay with this forum they need to read this quote and abide by it. It should be a bannable offense to respond to the BS.

frikativ54
02-12-2010, 05:20 PM
If members plan to stay with this forum they need to read this quote and abide by it. It should be a bannable offense to respond to the BS.

I think it's a slippery slope to ban people for commenting on the spam. A much better approach would be to only suspend those that are actually breaking the rules - like swearing, disrupting the forum, and trolling/baiting other members. Otherwise, we'll have a huge list of banned members and more problems than we started with.

tigerdale
02-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Good luck, I'm behind you all 100%.

mariner_gamers
02-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Well thank God GUU made good choices on mods. Could not have been better selections!!

Good luck folks and thanks for volunteering your time!! Now on with the show.......

earlywynnfan
02-14-2010, 12:13 AM
The heck with the banned people, I want to know what happened to Robert, aka Aeneas??

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

sox83cubs84
02-14-2010, 01:19 PM
The new crew are already all Forum All-Stars...I think they're gonna do a great job.:) :)

Dave M.
Chicago area

legaleagle92481
02-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Congrats guys you have all earned it.

allstarsplus
02-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Congrats guys you have all earned it.

Very nice of you to say. It is a lot more work than I thought initially. Hopefully everyone is seeing a difference already.

Our term of service is for a 1 year period.

I think it is a marathon and not a sprint.

Thanks again!

aeneas01
02-18-2010, 05:06 AM
The heck with the banned people, I want to know what happened to Robert, aka Aeneas??

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

still around but, unfortunately for me, real life responsibilities have hijacked all of my free (hobby) time - hopefully that will change before long... btw i had a great time helping chris out with his fall auction - fun experience, albeit lots of work.

great to see so many solid members helping out with mod duty. however i think past moderators deserve a huge pat on the back for the terrific job they did as well. frankly, i don't think many forum members fully appreciate the tremendous amount of moderation work that took place in the past, behind the scenes - thankless work. mike specht deserves a special shout out for his tireless moderation contributions.

anyway, i hope to join in on the forum fun again once time permits. btw if anyone is planning on attending the gtsm show this coming weekend in san jose let me know, lets hook up.

robert