PDA

View Full Version : Game used base help (from ebay)

posada20
02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I was going to bid on this item since the price seems very very reasonable. But when I inquired about the MLB hologram number for the base, I received a very funny reply.

"The base was used from the game before and it was reused the next game."

This reply makes no sense what so ever. Do they ever recycle bases and MLB authenticating them as such?

I also asked about the verification of the base since it was a double header, seller replied: "I dont give out MLB hologram #. My number speaks for itself."

Should I trust the seller's response? Or should I just move on to the next item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180466506302&Category=50117&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

Ollie
02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
It doesn't make much sense to me why he won't send you the MLB number to check it out. Seems like a relatively easy thing to do! Will he send you a photo of the Steiner COA? Maybe that has some information from which game it's from.

(Glad to see a fellow Moose collector here too!)

posada20
02-12-2010, 01:22 PM
It doesn't make much sense to me why he won't send you the MLB number to check it out. Seems like a relatively easy thing to do! Will he send you a photo of the Steiner COA? Maybe that has some information from which game it's from.

(Glad to see a fellow Moose collector here too!)

The seller refused to send the picture of the Steiner certificate. Now that I looked at the base again, it looked like a generic base.

At $235 - it's seem to good to be true for an actual 20-game winner base. I wish I can just buy it and worry about the authenticity - since eBay now has 100% buyer COVERED.

Still wondering why the seller would not want his potential buyer to verify an item, unless the item is NOT what is supposed to be.

(Love Moose - but there are not too much of his items around. Still looking for his Orioles gamer and so forth. No luck)

spartakid
02-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I agree, when I sell things, I go out of my way to give as much info as possible to a potential buyer. Makes no sense for him not to give it out unless he's got something to hide. For that reason alone I don't think I'd buy it.