Thank you

BIGSTIG
02-12-2010, 10:29 AM
here is one I saw...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/1593878056.html

WadeInBmore
02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
steevy...

be aware that those jerseys on craigslist are most likely only issued. As another member, Platinum1, has mention Sox jerseys should have a strip tag that has year, size, and set # NOT jersey number. These are only issued at best :(

It might behoove you to contact Edgar, Platinum1, as I believe he has even seen these jerseys in person and can speak about them from first hand experience.

wade

platinum1
02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
steevy...

be aware that those jerseys on craigslist are most likely only issued. As another member, Platinum1, has mention Sox jerseys should have a strip tag that has year, size, and set # NOT jersey number. These are only issued at best :(

It might behoove you to contact Edgar, Platinum1, as I believe he has even seen these jerseys in person and can speak about them from first hand experience.

wade
Yeah Wade is correct the jerseys the guy is trying to pass as game used are just Sox issued jerseys. The jerseys are not even game issued because they lack the proper tags to even be consider game issued.
I would stay AWAY!! from this one. This was the same guy that was trying to sell a Paul Konerko game used World Series jersey a couple of weeks back.

BIGSTIG
02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
My bad guys, that is why I should stick to my Cubbies.

steevyniu
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys....I saw that one on Craigslist and was e-mailing the guy a bit. Some of his answers to my questions were a bit fishy so I posted another thread on here about it and received some excellent advice from the vets that confirmed my inkling that it was only issued and not GU.

As a novice going after his third GU jersey (A solid Big Hurt, after my nice Ventura and Baines), I really appreciate this board and all the vets on here!

Steve

platinum1
02-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys....I saw that one on Craigslist and was e-mailing the guy a bit. Some of his answers to my questions were a bit fishy so I posted another thread on here about it and received some excellent advice from the vets that confirmed my inkling that it was only issued and not GU.

As a novice going after his third GU jersey (A solid Big Hurt, after my nice Ventura and Baines), I really appreciate this board and all the vets on here!

Steve
Hey Steve can you send me pictures of your Ventura and Baines?
I love to see whats out there.
Thanks

platinum1
02-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Steve
The funny thing is that the jerseys are not even game issued.

steevyniu
02-12-2010, 02:14 PM
The funny thing is that the jerseys are not even game issued.

Thanks Platinum1....Another rookie mistake on my part. I'm just glad I've learned enough so far to throw up some red flags on my own. So game issued would require a set number, correct?

I plan on taking my Baines and Ventura out of their frames soon to examine them again, I will take some pics and share them then.

platinum1
02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks Platinum1....Another rookie mistake on my part. I'm just glad I've learned enough so far to throw up some red flags on my own. So game issued would require a set number, correct?

I plan on taking my Baines and Ventura out of their frames soon to examine them again, I will take some pics and share them then.
Yeah game issued jerseys all have set # instead of the jersey #.
The jerseys with jersey #'s are used for charity events or donate to raise money.
If you ever have questions send me an email and I can try and help.