PDA

View Full Version : cool base is garbage

flaco1801
02-10-2010, 02:34 PM
i think the new cool base shirts are low quality and inferior to the past shirts... the teams have it made, they buy this product and dump it on the fans for triple or more value....the collectors dont wash or wear the uniforms so in effect the tops could be made of paper....any collectors wash and wear their jerseys and feel the same way? these cool base shirts would never last to recycle to minor leagues..

aintijoey
02-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Yea, I'm sure the very first thing comes to mind of players and Majestic, is the collectors. Polyester sucks in the summer. I've played baseball all my life and the Coolbase Jerseys are godsends.

metsbats
02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I definitely agree with you. The material is flimsy and will not last. The cool base jerseys I have in my collection of course are never going to be washed. I do have three cool based jerseys which I purchased from the Mets (all game issued) which I will personally use at baseball camps. I prefer the old school non-cool bases anyday because I noticed the cool-base jerseys will snag easier and will definitely not last the test of time wash after wash like the non-cool base jerseys.

ziggy
02-10-2010, 02:56 PM
"Made to Last" is not a requirement for MLB team or players. The players like them and that is the most important thing. The teams no longer only issue 2 per player for the season and then recycle to the minors. If it wears out /damaged the teams just sell it and give the player a new one.

both-teams-played-hard
02-10-2010, 03:04 PM
i think the new cool base shirts are low quality and inferior to the past shirts... the teams have it made, they buy this product and dump it on the fans for triple or more value....the collectors dont wash or wear the uniforms so in effect the tops could be made of paper....any collectors wash and wear their jerseys and feel the same way? these cool base shirts would never last to recycle to minor leagues..

Jeff
I realize you are a rational person, who will not debate the person who insulted you. Majestic sucks donkeys and whatever this coolbase you speak of is, probably blows chipmunks.
BTPH

metsbats
02-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Plus Majestic gets to sell them more.

All valid points.

This is probably why we don't see cool base pants as they would rip the first time a player slides into a base.

For me personally if I sink in 100-150 dollars for a jersey I need them to last (due to finanical reasons) so I'll put up with the heat of a non cool base jersey for a few hours. I went to a camp last summer and I think I was the only guy wearing a coolbase jersey. But they certainly are more comfortable to wear than the old school jerseys.

flaco1801
02-10-2010, 03:14 PM
warren, u know me well....

joelsabi
02-10-2010, 03:30 PM

are you taking about the practice or warmup shirt only? what teams are using cool base shirts during an actual game?

jbsportstuff
02-10-2010, 03:40 PM
are you taking about the practice or warmup shirt only? what teams are using cool base shirts during an actual game?
The Red's use Cool Base. I have a few from the 2009 season as regular jerseys.

metsbats
02-10-2010, 03:52 PM

I could be wrong but I think almost all MLB teams are using cool base jerseys (home and road) during games not just BP. I know the Yankees use cool-base for BP and do not use cool base for regular games. I don't believe the Yankees are using the cool flo helmets either.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

joelsabi
02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I could be wrong but I think almost all MLB teams are using cool base jerseys (home and road) during games not just BP. I know the Yankees use cool-base for BP and do not use cool base for regular games. I don't believe the Yankees are using the cool flo helmets either.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

yes i was looking at auctions for Yankee BP shirts thru steiner awhile back.

xpress34
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
The Rockies use CoolBase... but only Home White and Home White Vests I believe currently.

The Giambi gamer I just picked up is a CoolBase.

- Chris

mbenga28
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
not too big of the jocktagging for the cool base jerseys, does anyone know why they couldn't use the same fabrics ones like with the polyester jersey?

joelsabi
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
The Rockies use CoolBase... but only Home White and Home White Vests I believe currently.

The Giambi gamer I just picked up is a CoolBase.

- Chris

good to know. i thought it was cool base on alternate jerseys, which the yankees do no have.

gingi79
02-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Braves switched over to all Cool Base. My 2009 Blue is Cool Base, as is my White 2008 and Red 2007.

bigtime59
02-10-2010, 08:42 PM
One thing to remember is that there is more than one type of Cool Base material. What's currently being used for the game jerseys is what was used for BPs between 2004-2007. What's currently being used for BPs was previously used for what, soccer jerseys?
And if you want to talk discomfort: ever hefted a 100% NYLON jersey? Nasty...seriously nasty.

LastingsMilledge85
02-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I have a nylon Expos jersey and it is very heavy for a jersey. I think it's neat though since, they were the only and last team (I believe) to use them at that time (2004).

Genke
02-10-2010, 11:26 PM
The Dodgers switched strictly to all cool base last year.

pietraynor
02-11-2010, 12:03 AM
The majority, if not all, of the Pirates '09 jerseys I saw recently were Cool Base. Jay.

jppopma
02-11-2010, 03:57 AM
For the last couple of years, it was up to the individual player to opt to wear the cool base jerseys. Lately there are teams that are switching to exclusive cool base. I also heard rumor last year that all teams will be making the change in the next years. I'm not really sure if its a money thing, I'd almost expect the cool base to have a higher price to the teams.

We can only hope for a new MLB contract jersey manufacturer when Majestic's current one if up.

flaco1801
02-11-2010, 10:35 AM
hey, maybe Hanes can make a high quality tee shirt.... the players would be more comfortable, the owners can sell tons of tee shirts for a huge profit...

bigtime59
02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I will agree that the current BP jerseys, with their heat-pressed letters and numbers, are inferior to their predecessors, but I really have nothing against the Cool Base fabrics used on the game jerseys.

xpress34
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
hey, maybe Hanes can make a high quality tee shirt.... the players would be more comfortable, the owners can sell tons of tee shirts for a huge profit...

They already make one - it's called the Hanes 'Beefy' T. They became quite popular in the 80's with the 'Relax' T-Shirts and such as they were a heavy cotton and very durable.

They could possibly hold up very favorably to MLB conditions!!! :D

- Chris